PDA

View Full Version : YEAH!! I'm over 1,000k!!

poofyhairguy
May 4th, 2005, 08:55 AM
I finally have gotten more than 1000 posts. I know seven posters have already done this so it is not special in a general sense (in fact some are twice that) but it means a lot to me. I have a goal to answer more questions in my next thousand posts and read more on the forums so I know more to answer more questions. Ubuntu is a great operating system and is a breath of fresh air is a computing world that takes itself to seriously.

I think that the improvements planned for Breezy are exciting (especially better laptop support) and I hope that the community will continue to grow in turn. Hopefully the club of 1k posters will one day be large, and the backport repo will prosper.

Onward to unanswered threads!!!

(special thanks to jdong for his backports and help, panickedthumb for his idea to use enlightemnent as a window manger and support of The Tick, azz for teaching me why OSS is so important (I pretty much get it now), bored2k for his use of apt-get to describe non-ubuntu things, jdodson for bringing back good Mr. T memories and for being very nice, kassetra for once saying "You're on "Fi-ah!"" -still makes me laugh- and use of cartoon network characters, demon666_nl for his good ideas, carpenter for the longest post ever without quotes or paragraph breaks, bobmitch for e17 info, arnoct for composite howto, HungSquirrel for his name, nocturn for eloquence, jiyuu0 for the great ubuntuguide, and tons of other posters who have helped me with a problem or added to conversations I've been a part of or helped others build the wonderful character for this online community.)

Long live Ubuntu......

KiwiNZ
May 4th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Congrats buddy , I look at my count and think . hmmm one day :)
But anyway your contribution to this community is fantastic .

TravisNewman
May 4th, 2005, 12:54 PM
SPOOOOOOOOON!

(that's all I have to say ;))

poofyhairguy
May 4th, 2005, 07:36 PM
SPOOOOOOOOON!

(that's all I have to say ;))

Very funny. Thanks....

pdk001
May 5th, 2005, 04:00 AM
can everyone take the "vip" if they have 5 cups of coffe?
and congratulations to be came 1000 posted if its yet late

mohaham
May 5th, 2005, 04:09 AM
congrats Poofyhairguy...

kassetra
May 5th, 2005, 04:17 AM
can everyone take the "vip" if they have 5 cups of coffe?
and congratulations to be came 1000 posted if its yet late

LOL no. VIP status is given to people that are very important to our community. :)

kassetra for once saying "You're on "Fi-ah!"" -still makes me laugh- and use of cartoon network characters
You are most certainly on FI-AH! :)

Now I gotta stop watching pink panther movies. His accent is wearing off on my typing.

crane
May 5th, 2005, 04:25 AM
Congrats Man, I hope to hang in there and join the over 100 club :-)

I have to say I am very impressed with these forums. I have used a few different distro and cruised there forums as well. But This one is very friendly, polite, and generaly feels like a family. Congats to all those who help make it this way. Thanks to all the moderators. I've actually been here long enough that the names are familar to me now.

XDevHald
May 5th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Congrats buddy , I look at my count and think . hmmm one day :)
But anyway your contribution to this community is fantastic .

Congratz as well Poofy! And Ditto with the above quote :D

bored2k
May 5th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Cheers poofyhairguy.

I didn't know I used apt references that much .. i've been getting that a lot lately

poofyhairguy
May 5th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Thanks all. The friendly feeling of this forums is worth every red cent ole Mark has put into Ubuntu. Yall are the best.

I didn't know I used apt references that much .. i've been getting that a lot lately

Its not a bad thing, as long as its to someone who gets it...

TravisNewman
May 5th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Bored, you TOTALLY use apt references a lot. I'd say you used "apt-get install lots-of-apt-references"

Interestingly enough, you actually taught me a few command line switches I never knew when you were using those references ;)