PDA

View Full Version : Not able to post using IE or FF

PanzerMKZ
December 9th, 2006, 06:11 PM
I have been having trouble with the forum using either IE or FF. I can log in it seems but when redirecting me back to the forums it will not show up that I have logged on.

Panzer

melancholeric
December 9th, 2006, 06:12 PM
do you have javascript and cookies enabled ?

PanzerMKZ
December 9th, 2006, 06:30 PM
yea. In fact I am doing exactly the same thing I was doing two weeks ago when I last logged in.

shining
December 9th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I just noticed the same problem.
It seems there are 2 different ubuntu forums, with exactly the same contents, and the same accounts :
ubuntuforums.org and ubuntuforums.com

That is very confusing and misleading, can someone explain it?

So ubuntuforums.org work fine with every browsers.
However, ubuntuforums.com does not. I've exactly the same issue than you using Firefox or Seamonkey. However, it works just fine with Konqueror.

The problem with ubuntuforums.com and Firefox/Seamonkey seems to be related with cookies. In the Cookie Manager of seamonkey, I can see the following cookies:
ubuntuforums.com : __utma , __utmb , __utmz
ubuntuforums.org : bblastvisit, bbpassword, __utmc, bbsessionhash, __utmz, bblastactivity, bbuserid, __utma, __utmb

All the bb* cookies are lacking with ubuntuforums.com
I'm not sure how to check that these cookies are correctly stored in Konqueror.

PriceChild
December 9th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Please use ubuntuforums.org

Ubuntu-geek's mentioned he will get this sorted soon.

shining
December 9th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Please use ubuntuforums.org

Ubuntu-geek's mentioned he will get this sorted soon.

Ah ok, thanks.
Though, I'm still very curious about why it works with Konqueror, and not with Firefox/Seamonkey.

ubuntu-geek
December 10th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Ah ok, thanks.
Though, I'm still very curious about why it works with Konqueror, and not with Firefox/Seamonkey.
Cookie issue. The forums are only setup to use .org the .com is just a redirect that needs to be tweaked to work.

ubuntu-geek
December 10th, 2006, 02:35 AM
OK. the .com and the .org will now store their own cookie when you log in. This way you should not conflict.

PanzerMKZ
December 11th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Thanks.

Panzer