PDA

View Full Version : Screem crashes - help

jan247
December 9th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Hi guys, I'm really bummed out about screem not working for me anymore. I really like the app so I want to get it going again. I've used it several times in this machine, and it used to work fine. Now, various apps are bugging down as well - eclipse suddenly quits, gnome's default cd writing crashes from time to time, etc. But eclipse can simply be restarted and i can use other cd writing apps. But screem, I've grown to love. The problem right now with screem is when I start typing in the '<'. The whole app freezes, and my mouse turns invisible in the text area. It doesn't do this when I type in regular text however (when i use it as a text editor - which really, it isn't for).

Now I know this isn't enough information, but I'm not sure, really how to catch which library that's causing it. The last thing I remember doing before this thing happened is installing pydev for eclipse - but I don't think this has something to do with it. Could it have something to do with kubuntu-desktop as well? Not really sure. I've tried reinstalling also, which didn't help. I've also deleted the settings folder from my home directory.

miky
January 31st, 2007, 04:47 PM
as far as i know, screem is for Gnome and Kubuntu uses KDE. I am new to this world so i might be wrong...but some app just wont work on KDE if written for Gnome and vice versa... i have installed screem few mins ago and ot gets crashing while starting up...