PDA

View Full Version : Stop bean count for Word associatoin.

Frak
December 9th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Hello, I would like to request that the "Word Association" thread could have beans disabled, don't remove the thread, just have beans disabled, I like to answer on it, but I don't want to get beans for just saying one word that is unrelevant to anything this forum is about. I see nothing wrong with taking away beans, I don't know about everybody else, but I don't mind if the beans I earned were taken off, I didn't earn them, so this is a basic proposal of having beans disabled in the thread, I didn't earn them, they didn't earn them, I just think its fair.:)

Thank you.

loell
December 9th, 2006, 05:36 AM
seems we share the same thinking, but be aware, there are people that will fry you for this :)

Frak
December 9th, 2006, 05:41 AM
seems we share the same thinking, but be aware, there are people that will fry you for this :)
sorry for misunderstanding, what do you mean by "fry"
and if I think I know what your saying, find a new forum, their business is not needed here, if people believe you'll get tea and crumpets from sitting and sleeping they are very lost, this forum was made to help people solve problems with their (K,X)Ubuntu Operating Systems, not blab about gibberish!

yabbadabbadont
December 9th, 2006, 05:45 AM
It may be easier, from the forum software standpoint, to stop adding beans for any post to "The Backyard". And of course, that thread should be moved there. In the Gentoo forums, the "Off The Wall" forum serves the same purpose and posts there do not add to your post count.

loell
December 9th, 2006, 05:49 AM
fry as in fried chicken/fish/ or any meat cooked with oil, its hot.

Frak
December 9th, 2006, 05:50 AM
It may be easier, from the forum software standpoint, to stop adding beans for any post to "The Backyard". And of course, that thread should be moved there. In the Gentoo forums, the "Off The Wall" forum serves the same purpose and posts there do not add to your post count.
Ha, see a simple solution, maybe its true that imitation is the most flattering thing a person (or forum) could do...

KiwiNZ
December 9th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Only the support forums add to the bean counts

Frak
December 9th, 2006, 05:54 AM
I argue that statement, I have posted in the cafe many, many times and have gotten credit for every post I have made, thats why I have so many beans now, only 300 of them are actually from support forums.

yabbadabbadont
December 9th, 2006, 05:55 AM

So the Cafe and Backyard don't count (no pun intended :D)

loell
December 9th, 2006, 05:56 AM
true , tha last time i post, it does add up.

katgfan
December 9th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Thats not what i see. My bean count increased when i post in the cafe.

KiwiNZ
December 9th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Fixed

yabbadabbadont
December 9th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Fixed

Cool. That was a quick fix. Thanks.

Frak
December 9th, 2006, 06:09 AM
[OFF TOPIC]Think how long that has been there, without noticing[/OFF TOPIC]
Thanks KiwiNZ.

katgfan