PDA

View Full Version : Survey

Dartus
December 8th, 2006, 05:27 PM
So, I doing a survey for my class about Identity Theft. I need about 40 people to do it. If you have the time, you could help. All you have to do is go to this survey ---> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=513022989178

It is very, very simple it should take less than a minute at most.

If there is any problems with the survey, please tell me and I'll try to fix it.

xpod
December 8th, 2006, 05:48 PM
There you go...You do promise not to use my credit card number dont you:D

Dual Cortex
December 8th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Just a few days ago I installed CYGWIN on a thumb drive and plugged it in one of my school's PCs (college actually). Browsed the previously invisible C:/ drive, noticed Trillian was installed, opened it connected with an account + password that was saved, logged on to a guy's yahoo email, noticed he had an email from eBay (which mentioned his username... e.g. "Hello DualCortex, check out...") also noticed he had received an email from youtube concerning his registration, which showed his password.

Went on to eBay used the ID I had seen from his email, used the password he had used on Youtube and I successfully logged in his account.

Then I felt bad for the poor guy, told some friend of his that was on-line when I logged on his account in Trillian and told him/her that I had just 'hacked' his friend and had all his passwords, etc. but I wasn't going to do anything, told him/her to tell his friend to change his passwords and NEVER save a password on a program that is on a public computer.
Logged off -my HS classes were about to start- and that's the end of the story.

Yeah I know I shouldn't have done all of that and it might even had been illegal :O but well... I did it for educational purposes... and hey, what do you know, maybe I'm making this story up.

Dartus
December 12th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the responses. :) I still need more surveys completed though. :o

beercz
December 12th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Another one done for you.