PDA

View Full Version : ZA LocoTeam Logo Proposals

Circus-Killer
December 7th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Hey there guys.

If you have already been to our wiki (http://www.ubuntu-za.org/) page you might have noticed the section on proposed logos. however i feel that it may be too difficult for some new users to submit images via the wiki and also limits discussion on proposed logos.

This is why i started this thread. hopefully we can get lots more submissions into this thread and have some good discussions. and hopefully, once we have enough propositions, we can even have poll in a another thread to hold a vote on which one is best.

anyways, the following 2 attachments are logos i made today, mainly just to get the ball rolling. (one of them uses a bit of the "proudly south african" logo, so i dont think we will actually be able to use it, unless we can get into some sort of agreement with them.) but these are just nice examples just to get those creative juices flowing.

RichardBanks
December 7th, 2006, 11:29 AM
I've made this a few months ago, well most of it. I tweaked it a bit today.

I used Inkscape and the flag I got from wikipedia. The SVG and PNG versions are available on the wiki (http://ubuntu-za.org/Wiki/ProposedLogo).

jjtoymachine
December 7th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I like UbuntuLoco2.gif just need a bit more cleaning up. Maybe rather manke it PNG or jpeg :KS

Circus-Killer
December 7th, 2006, 12:28 PM
yeah, it is a bit messy, but it is only a rough draught as such. i've got the original .psd file so that if people like it and want to use it, i can always clean it up and save it.

jjtoymachine
December 7th, 2006, 12:39 PM
must maybe just find out if you aloud to use that proudly south african tick...

Circus-Killer
December 7th, 2006, 12:53 PM
must maybe just find out if you aloud to use that proudly south african tick...

well, i stated in the original post that i doubt we would be able to use it. but i'm sure if i contacted someone from the organization and explained our intentions, they would quite possibly let us use it. but i mean, im not gonna go through all the hoops to get permission, and then no one likes it.

so ill just wait to see, see which logo people like. maybe mine, maybe others. but once the decision has been made, then i will worry about getting permission from the copyright owners.

funk19
December 7th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I've made this a few months ago, well most of it. I tweaked it a bit today.

I used Inkscape and the flag I got from wikipedia. The SVG and PNG versions are available on the wiki (http://ubuntu-za.org/Wiki/ProposedLogo).

This logo is much better than your original one on the wiki. In fact I love this one! I wasn't sure about the wiki one because the flag and the ubuntu icon seemed to interjoin too much but this one you just did gets my vote.

andymo
February 21st, 2007, 10:29 AM
So far I like the Richard Banks example (although room for improvment).

Don't think we can use the 'Proudly SA' tick due to copyright and due to the fact that Telkom was one of the founding members :)

Has anyone looked at other countries Ubuntu logo's for inspiration??

diepruis
February 22nd, 2007, 08:46 AM
...and due to the fact that Telkom was one of the founding members :)

That would be downright immoral :P

RudolfMDLT
February 24th, 2007, 09:27 AM
I like RichardBanks's logo? :) I'll see if I can't make one this afternoon...