PDA

View Full Version : cain and able

-yt-
December 6th, 2006, 04:49 PM
ok now first i dont know where i should post this question but it would be of great help if some one answered it ok ive been messing around with cain and able and air snort for a long time and i cant get the encrypted passwords i heard my buddy say that you can with cain and able how do you do this](*,) thank you

Dual Cortex
December 6th, 2006, 04:57 PM
hmm had never heard of cain and abel, but I remember one using airodump to collect packets and aircrack to obtain keys. Didn't try it out much as the closest neighbor signal was pretty far away = few packets.
Oh did I say neighbor's signal? I meant my own router which I used for educationel purposes.

-yt-
December 6th, 2006, 05:01 PM
lmao :D yeah me too i need it for educational purposes lol yeah do you know if i can use aircrack and airodump with windows

Aetherius
December 6th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Cain and Abel,
Abel and Cain,
Cain was able,
Abel was slain.

Biggus
December 6th, 2006, 05:11 PM
-yt- perhaps, you will find what you are looking for here : http://sectools.org/

-yt-
December 6th, 2006, 05:14 PM
yeah i know about that but i like cain and able thanks for all your help but if anyone knows how to get a wep password using a program for windows id love to know

Dual Cortex
December 8th, 2006, 03:06 PM
YES they are also available for windows.

In fact, here are the steps someone took and posted at a forum:
http://www.netstumbler.org/archive/index.php/t-12960.html

He thought 30K IVs were enough... NO!
for a 64bit encrypted network ~200K is recommended.

bradmayne04
August 18th, 2010, 05:33 AM
i think you need winpcap to even try it w/ winblows. Why not just you backtrack 3? i don't care much for 4 myself but to each his own. you can use a live disk or usb for bt. if you go the usb route use at least a 8 gig for updates and all the other crap you might need like extra scripts.

KiwiNZ
August 18th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Sleep little thread Sleep

If you are Able