PDA

View Full Version : Konqueror vs. Microsoft... Microsoft WINS?!?!?!

Frak
December 6th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Appearantly to my concern, I went and wanted to try out microsoft office hosting (if they're paying for it, and it doesn't cost me a dime, why not) and come to my suprise I got this message...

In order to use Microsoft Office Live, you will need to have Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or later running on Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Microsoft Windows Server 2003. You can download the latest version of Internet Explorer from the Microsoft Download Center.

So I used Konqueror (for browser Identification) and didn't get any message from the site, because it caused Konqueror to crash?!?!?:confused:

So I used IE from Tatanka, and it worked perfectly, they thought I ran any OS I told them...

But if its a free hosting service, why am I required to run Window$?
Isn't that just the opposite?[-(

Shay Stephens
December 6th, 2006, 03:49 AM
You can't really be surprised that Microsoft Office Live would require you to use a Microsoft browser do you? Everything they do is to lock you into their products.

Their "free" as in beer, comes at the expense of "free" as in freedom. Don't fall for it.

po0f
December 6th, 2006, 04:31 AM
Yeah, 'cause, you know, who wants integrated product lines.

~LoKe
December 6th, 2006, 04:35 AM
What amazes me is that MSN Messenger allows you to use any e-mail address, however, you have to register it as a .net passport. -_-

steven8
December 6th, 2006, 04:41 AM
What amazes me is that MSN Messenger allows you to use any e-mail address, however, you have to register it as a .net password. -_-

Tracking?