PDA

View Full Version : When will the networking issue of edgy will be fixed ??

burek
December 5th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Since one month we know the problems with Edgy.

What s the situation now about it ? Fixed ?
It still hangs for me ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

---
COMPANIES dont wait
that s why they choose FEDORA
for its reliability

ciscosurfer
December 5th, 2006, 09:08 AM

What s the situation now about it ? Fixed ?
It still hangs for me ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)What, exactly, are you referring to?

NMUrugbysteve
December 5th, 2006, 04:39 PM
that s why they choose FEDORA
for its reliability

Companies choose redhat, not fedora.

But what issue are you talking about?

Polygon
December 5th, 2006, 04:47 PM
not to mention that edgy is just what its name implies, new "edgy" features and experimental technology. No company should be using edgy, they should be using dapper which was designed as a much more stable release and has long term support.

Artemis3
December 5th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I don't have any networking issues. Do you happen to be a victim of blobs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_blob)?

Henry Rayker
December 5th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I would like to suggest that the "networking problems in edgy" will probably be fixed in feisty...maybe +1?

Granted, I have no idea what you're talking about. My network never hangs, however configuration did a little bit (with the drivers supplied) in Dapper...

burek
December 5th, 2006, 08:33 PM
I am surprised too, all my PC are working fine with Edgy. Only with one can loose its connection : no network at all; like you unplug the cable. Only the reboot of the PC can make it back. The funny thing is that on hte network the other PC have still their IP address and no troubles at all. So, for sure, thsi PC loses connection. I asked a friend, and he told me that was coming to the Edgy release itself. I also thought sooo because under this PC with Dapper, before I dist-upgrade, the connection never never ever dropped, even a single time. So, ??

If you have any idea, I would welcome ...:confused: :confused:

kuja
December 5th, 2006, 09:12 PM
So, when you ran dapper the connection was fine eh? Then why not just roll back to dapper?

burek
December 5th, 2006, 11:05 PM
So, when you ran dapper the connection was fine eh? Then why not just roll back to dapper?

just maybe lazy and time too... maybe during weeknedn then ... :confused: :-k
thx