PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive refurbisher...Google don't work...

PapaWiskas
December 4th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I tried googling and only found one company, Nortek. I know there has to be more options.
I have some Compaq Hard Drives from our RAID array that have failed, and rather than them collecting dust, I thought I would send them in to get refurbished and I could then put them back in inventory.

Does anyone know of a company that does this sort of thing, if so could you please post. Or if you have any additional search information it would be much appreciated, my Google efforts did not yield much at all.

Thank you.

mips
December 4th, 2006, 06:33 PM
I tried googling and only found one company, Nortek. I know there has to be more options.
I have some Compaq Hard Drives from our RAID array that have failed, and rather than them collecting dust, I thought I would send them in to get refurbished and I could then put them back in inventory.

Does anyone know of a company that does this sort of thing, if so could you please post. Or if you have any additional search information it would be much appreciated, my Google efforts did not yield much at all.

Thank you.

What brand/model HDs are they ?

Might be cheaper/better to simply get new ones.
http://www.directrepairlabs.com/prods_servs/disk_drives/disk_drives.htm

PapaWiskas
December 4th, 2006, 06:49 PM
What brand/model HDs are they ?

Might be cheaper/better to simply get new ones.
http://www.directrepairlabs.com/prods_servs/disk_drives/disk_drives.htm

Yeah, we ordered new ones, but these I have sitting here could be refurbished. The ones we bought as replacements were.

Compaq Model # BD0726536C or HP MAT307CNC

Just thought it would be better to do something with them rather than nothing at all. Dunno....who knows?

Henry Rayker
December 4th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Depending on the age and size of the hdds, it is probably not going to be worth it. The only reason I would have a hdd sent off to be worked on is if I had important data on it and needed to retrieve it.