PDA

View Full Version : announcing my new distro - KANNOLI

fuscia
December 4th, 2006, 02:43 AM
i've just put the finishing touches on my alpha version of a new distro called 'KANNOLI'. it's a distro based on sabayon linux (the idea of using a piece of pastry for a mascot) and ubuntu linux (pretty much everything else). as this is an alpha version, there's lots left to do, especially bug fixes, like how to get the name ubuntu off everything and i think i might have mispelled 'KANNOLI'. below is a screenshot of the default setup (kde is obviously the default desktop environment).

and btw, this distro is great with kaffeine and is very (wink, wink) java friendly. please enjoy!;)

fuscia
December 4th, 2006, 02:44 AM
note: due to the incredible interest already, i've had to temporarily shutdown the download site as it was unable to handle the traffic. it should be back up in the near future.

max.diems
December 4th, 2006, 02:49 AM
Cannoli is the correct spelling, so just make your distro KDE based. Personally, I don't like the name for a distro being something related to food.

aysiu
December 4th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Moved to Other OS Talk.

d3v1ant_0n3
December 4th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Torrent it maybe? Will be slow at first but once the first few people have it (assuming they seed it) it should speed up.

fuscia
December 4th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Moved to Other OS Talk.

it is to roll on the floor, laughing.:rolleyes:

RAV TUX
December 4th, 2006, 02:57 AM
i've just put the finishing touches on my alpha version of a new distro called 'KANNOLI'. it's a distro based on sabayon linux (the idea of using a piece of pastry for a mascot) and ubuntu linux (pretty much everything else). as this is an alpha version, there's lots left to do, especially bug fixes, like how to get the name ubuntu off everything and i think i might have mispelled 'KANNOLI'. below is a screenshot of the default setup (kde is obviously the default desktop environment).

and btw, this distro is great with kaffeine and is very (wink, wink) java friendly. please enjoy!;)
;) I would have thought you would have named it: Kreme Beryl;)

RAV TUX
December 4th, 2006, 03:02 AM

Your KANNOLI should go great with your Diet Coke and Milk Mix
(ROTFL)

fuscia
December 4th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Your KANNOLI should go great with your Diet Coke and Milk Mix

great for dunking.

Christmas
December 4th, 2006, 03:28 AM
This is a joke, right fuscia?

fuscia
December 4th, 2006, 03:52 AM

:rolleyes:

jlwccpc
December 4th, 2006, 04:25 AM
Chef Boy-R-Dee is not amused.

deanlinkous
December 4th, 2006, 05:28 AM
where is the source code! If you don't provide the source I will have to report you!:D

matthew
December 4th, 2006, 09:50 AM

and btw, this distro is great with kaffeine and is very (wink, wink) java friendly. please enjoy!;)You owe me a new monitor...I just spit coffee all over mine! rotfl!

fuscia
December 4th, 2006, 07:47 PM
You owe me a new monitor...I just spit coffee all over mine! rotfl!

too bad it wasn't a coffee flavored dessert liquer. my apologies to your monitor.

where is the source code! If you don't provide the source I will have to report you!

Chef Boy-R-Dee is not amused.

source-code, schmource-code! and let chef boy-r-dee get his own damned distro!

wykedengel
December 13th, 2006, 06:15 PM
when you are ready to roll out the distro again, let me know and i will help seed if you go the torrent route.

Perfect Storm
December 13th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Well, that idea is better than mine;

Baboontu
Linux for monkeys

tseliot
December 14th, 2006, 10:14 PM
where is the source code! If you don't provide the source I will have to report you!:D
Well, I would like to know where the recipe is... :mrgreen:

Lord Illidan
December 14th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Cannoli is the correct spelling, so just make your distro KDE based. Personally, I don't like the name for a distro being something related to food.

Actually, it can be spelt Kannoli, and in Malta that's how we spell it. Recipe here : http://www.lostinthought.ws/blog/2005/04/kannoli-recipe.html

RAV TUX
December 31st, 2006, 05:55 AM
moved to the backyard...

(note to other staff: please do not move back to the other OS Forum....since this is a parody)

BigDave708
December 31st, 2006, 04:20 PM
Hilarious! :D

sanderella
December 31st, 2006, 06:56 PM

lol

Yummy distro Fuscia!

psycosmyth
January 1st, 2007, 03:59 AM
You might be on to a theme though, spaggetti background, ravioli window frame, and sure you can spell it with a K if you use KDE as default.

(in my hillbilly little voice) "yer sooo fuwnny";)

Cheizzz
January 11th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Leave the gun, get the cannoli.

Sef
January 11th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I'll make some cd-rom cookies that Kannoli can be inserted into before dunking.

RAV TUX
January 12th, 2007, 01:46 AM
this thread started in th Cafe....then was moved to the "Other OS" forum,....then I moved it to the backyard....reading through all the post I find no reason a KANNOLI needs to be in the backyard.....A KANNOLI naturally belongs in the Cafe where it can be fully enjoyed by all....returning the KANNOLI home to the Cafe...

Kernel Sanders
January 12th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Good to see the staff members have the ability to handle a simple thread like this without moving it around the forums randomly eh? :p :p :p *Joke*

RAV TUX
January 12th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Good to see the staff members have the ability to handle a simple thread like this without moving it around the forums randomly eh? :p :p *Joke*

Cute;););)....we like to share the KANNOLI with everybody everywhere:p:p:p

yabbadabbadont
January 12th, 2007, 02:30 AM
Cute;););)....we like to share the KANNOLI with everybody everywhere:p:p:p

You weren't try to play, "Hide the KANNOLI", were you? :lol:

fuscia
January 12th, 2007, 04:30 AM
i've really gotta stop posting drunk.