PDA

View Full Version : Request for Kurdish LoCo Forum

erdalronahi
December 3rd, 2006, 03:13 PM
Hi,

is it possible to set a default language other than English for a forum here? We'd prefer a Kurdish forum by default. If that is possible we would do the localization of the forum software and request a forum here for the official Kurdish LoCo team.

prefix: ku
LoCo team name: KurdishTeam
Moderator: Erdal Ronahi (erdalronahi)

ubuntu-geek
December 6th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Let me see if there is a kurdish language package. If so I will enable the language system here and include some others as well. Give me 24 hours or so.

Thanks

erdalronahi
December 6th, 2006, 11:29 PM
I just realized that you seem to use the propietary vBulletin. I don't think we have translated that - we have only translated Free Software forum solutions so far. It's strange we should make an exception for Ubuntu and translate a propietary solution for a forum about free software.

ubuntu-geek
December 7th, 2006, 12:45 AM
I just realized that you seem to use the propietary vBulletin. I don't think we have translated that - we have only translated Free Software forum solutions so far. It's strange we should make an exception for Ubuntu and translate a propietary solution for a forum about free software.
I dont see anything strange about it.

erdalronahi
December 7th, 2006, 01:04 AM
I have now read through the older treads. I understand your point. Unfortunately we have not so much capacity to translate, and for us free software solutions have priority because we can use them more widely. We will have to discuss whether we start a new translation on vBulletin, which effectively would be only for this forum.

Anyway, a LoCo-Forum would be fine even without a Kurdish translation ;)

ubuntu-geek
December 7th, 2006, 05:33 AM
You guys are all set :) If ever you do wish to translate a language package let me know i'll give you the English one to work off.

erdalronahi
October 12th, 2008, 04:52 PM
The Kurdish translation of vBulletin is ready now. It's version 3.7.3, and it's attached to this thread. Could ubuntu-geek or some other admin be so nice to make it available in the forum?

Please check the encoding, it must be ISO 5589-9.