PDA

View Full Version : Linux Synchronization Utility

walmartshopper67
December 3rd, 2006, 04:39 AM
Over the past few months I've been learning shell scripting, and in the process, have written a command line synchronization utility. It uses rsync (over ssh for secure and easy transfers), and incorporated some features that I think are pretty useful. One thing I added is a "Safety" feature - it helps stop those "ohno" moments that happen when I realize I just deleted something I didn't want to while using the --delete option. I've released the whole thing under the GPL v2 and provided a bunch of documentation, at

http://ghettonet.no-ip.org:8080/~gdev/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=3

It's still in an "alpha" stage, I'm using it now and feeling pretty comfortable with it trasfering my "critical" files. The site is pretty empty at the moment, like a big empty room. Please, if you like it, say something - if you don't, say something too ( please be constructive though, I've spent a lot of my own time and money on this in the hopes that it would help someone out, calling me a bunch of names doesn't really accomplish anything).

I posted this here because I'm a Ubuntu junky, and have been since Breezy - I hope that's ok.;)