PDA

View Full Version : I am so pleased!

fisherking
December 2nd, 2006, 10:33 PM
I so please and happy right now so I really have to post this thread! :-D
I have just installed a new server at home (my old desktop, replaced it with a laptop). One of the thing I use my server as is storage, and in particular all my music (as mp3). Running nfs on server and client I "stream" all my music through my wireless network to my laptop!
Don't have a single mp3 on my laptop but can still play them all! I love network shares (especially Linux/nfs)

dbbolton
December 3rd, 2006, 12:51 AM
what are you running on the server?

fisherking
December 3rd, 2006, 09:10 AM
what are you running on the server?

Noting else but nfs! that's why I am so pleased. Never thought it would work *that* good just to run music from a server!

I know that this isn't innovative in any way but I had to post the thread, just because it works so well :-D

loell
December 3rd, 2006, 09:43 AM
testimonials :mrgreen:

atoponce
December 3rd, 2006, 09:47 AM
I so please and happy right now so I really have to post this thread! :-D
I have just installed a new server at home (my old desktop, replaced it with a laptop). One of the thing I use my server as is storage, and in particular all my music (as mp3). Running nfs on server and client I "stream" all my music through my wireless network to my laptop!
Don't have a single mp3 on my laptop but can still play them all! I love network shares (especially Linux/nfs)

Rock on! Have you seen GnuMP3d (http://www.gnump3d.org)? Streaming and downloading music through a net connection. I use it, and love it.