PDA

View Full Version : Todays my lucky day :)

frup
December 2nd, 2006, 01:12 PM
Not only did i get a brand new video camera. I found 4 computer in a park and one had a 128mb ati gfx card... sure its ati but my geforce ti broke a while ago and now my main computer is back in action!!!

I now have 3 amds/cellerons and a pentium 2 to play with aswell provided i can find some ram and hdd's to screw with :D... might set them up as cheap ubuntu boxes and give them to the needy :P

One has a zip drive and i know atleast one friend has a few zip drives and disks... any point on keeping that? or auction it off on the internet? If anyone in NZ is wanting a zip drive which may not work... (i haven't tested it) i am happy to give it away... postage payment may be required ofcourse...

xyz
December 2nd, 2006, 01:18 PM
Some people have all the luck...!
But don't you think someone may be missing 'em? Would there be some kind of info in one of them that could lead you to the owner?
Or were they "like tossed away?"

xopher
December 2nd, 2006, 01:20 PM
I found 4 computer in a park and one had a 128mb ati gfx card.

Best thing I've read today :) Cool!

frup
December 2nd, 2006, 01:24 PM
well considering they were gutted... with just one gfx card... 1 stick of sd ram (128mb) and no hdd's... not going to go far... theirs one sheet of paper with a name which i may consider contacting... but it appears about 10 computers were dumped... i saw some people crowding around it in the dark and then saw them grab some computers... and i was thinking to my self wow... i then went over and found four more... they were all gutted maybe by the people before me... pretty old though.. 2000-2001ish looks like a business setup too... not a home computer...same network cards... same everything really except for mobo's and one had a pentium 2 not the socket a processor... can't tell what they are until i inspect harder...

xopher
December 2nd, 2006, 01:29 PM
I see, so basically someone is just avoiding the bills to get them recycled. I guess it's not free over there in NZ?

Gargamella
December 2nd, 2006, 02:01 PM
they may will become ubuntu computers ;D