PDA

View Full Version : We should all go to jail!

Frak
December 1st, 2006, 09:24 PM
I found this site on the web that somebody wrote and according to it I should be in jail in fact I'm going to turn myself in RIGHT NOW!!!;)

Click here to read the warning! (http://www.adequacy.org/public/stories/2001.12.2.42056.2147.html)

dca
December 1st, 2006, 09:29 PM
Hmmmm, I spank my kids... I bet most of the article is a lie... oh wait... it is....

christhemonkey
December 1st, 2006, 09:37 PM
Is that site even serious?!

I sure hope not...

iPower
December 1st, 2006, 09:44 PM
Linus comes from my home country ^_^

we don't have laws against using linux and flash and so on :)

Frak
December 1st, 2006, 09:52 PM
According to this, having a Purple Ape on your taskbar constitutes as hacking the Pentagon(Bonzi Buddy)

Youtube would be an underground organization(Flash)

and your mouse would be a mushroom cloud(Comet Cursor)

We appearently live in a very dangerous time nowadays.

Frak
December 1st, 2006, 09:54 PM
And I'll never touch Lunix AGAIN!!!
Aren't you mad that the Soviet "Linyos Torovoltos" created "Lunix" "The illegal Hacker OS"?

Hentai_Jeff
December 1st, 2006, 10:02 PM
older then the internets

chaosgeisterchen
December 1st, 2006, 10:03 PM
It's not even funny but sad ? ...

GStubbs43
December 1st, 2006, 10:04 PM
6 page thread on this article: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=6447
No poll though. ;)

The link to linux.org isn't even right... It goes to lunix.org instead. :P

niko7865
December 1st, 2006, 10:06 PM
I just called 911 and turned myself in. They said they were considering giving me the chair but since I turned myself in and agreed to a plea bargin I'm just going to get life without the possibility of parol.

Frak
December 1st, 2006, 10:16 PM
Computer hackers are often limited by conventional computer hardware. They may request "faster" video cards, and larger hard drives, or even more memory. If your son starts requesting these devices, it is possible that he has a legitimate need. You can best ensure that you are buying legal, trustworthy hardware by only buying replacement parts from your computer's manufacturer.

If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.

OMG I am a ruthless villian!

k1001001
December 1st, 2006, 10:19 PM
Main points of the article:
-AOL is the best ISP available. Period.
-BonziBuddy, Flash, and CometCursor are hacker programs. If your son has these, he could possibly be trying to watch media or personalize the desktop a bit, but he's most likely hacking. (I would punish my son though if he tried to install spyware-packed useless **** like BonziBuddy or CometCursor)
-Hackers need faster video cards, hard drive, and the elusive "memory" to complete their tasks better. Do not, under any circumstances, upgrade your computer.
-Intel processors are better than AMD because it wags its finger at your son when he tries to hack. They are slower and more expensive, but by God these are American-made products.
-If your son is spending more than 30 minutes on the computer, then he is also spending more than 8 hours on the computer, and also is trying to shut down websites.
-Notify your son's school that he is a potential terrorist as soon as he starts playing Quake. It's for the best. Really.
-Lunix is a dangerous operating system. (I suppose it is. I use Linux though.)
-Deleting Windows will "break" your computer, and will have to be undone by a professional.
-Hackers. Ravers. Same difference.
-Being near a computer will give you radiation similar to that of Chernobyl. I wrote this article in 15 installments just in fear of that fact.

I have a feeling that this article is most definitely a joke, but for some people, it's probably not too far from the truth.

loserboy
December 1st, 2006, 10:31 PM
lol thats funny, at 1st i thought it was a serious post...

sanderella
December 1st, 2006, 10:32 PM
This is a send-up, probably written by a hacker - maybe even Linus himself!:)

Dual Cortex
December 2nd, 2006, 12:34 AM
It's even funnier how in many forums (where this article has been posted) people who think this was serious start... uhh... flaming the author and making fun of the author too ("what an [FILL-THIS-IN], its spelled LINUX!! WHAT A [FILL-THIS-IN]"). The author deserves some credit, the article is incredibly funny!

This is one of my favorite parts:

If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking.

leo1a0
December 2nd, 2006, 12:39 AM
That info is from 2001 and you are still scared? No worries about it!!](*,)

xpod
December 2nd, 2006, 01:02 AM
Ach my boy cant find frostwire in the menus half the time never mind any the rest of it.Takes after his dad so i think im ok

My girls though.......now their going to be another matter me thinks.Right bunch o crackers they`re gonna be:D

BWF89
December 2nd, 2006, 01:06 AM
6 page thread on this article: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=6447
No poll though. ;)
I can't believe I thought that was a serious article. Although I was 14 back then.

Dual Cortex
December 2nd, 2006, 01:13 AM
I can't believe I thought that was a serious article. Although I was 14 back then.

:grin: :rolleyes: , reminds me of my previous post (3 posts above, #15).

mushroom
December 2nd, 2006, 01:14 AM
I saw this a year or so back...I thought it was real until I got to the bit about breaking into stereos to steal mp3s. Quite funny.

steven8
December 2nd, 2006, 04:29 AM
I stopped as soon as I read about 'Cindy' telling on 'Peter'. Hmm, has anyone else here ever watched The Brady Bunch? :-)

Albi
December 2nd, 2006, 04:55 AM
You guys are easily trolled...

OttifantSir
December 2nd, 2006, 06:30 AM
It's a sad, and very dangerous article. Idiots like the one of this article exists. And there aren't just one. There are many. Sadly enough, I believe quite a few children already have been made to pay for their interest in computers after their parents reading this article, thinking "Wow. I'm lucky I found this article at once when researching why my child is so interested in computers. I will follow his suggestions this minute and make sure my child never ever learns enough about computers to hack again."

Off course, they're only limiting their possibilities to function in today's world.

The site the article is on is no longer maintained. Anyone with a bit more experience feeling up for the job of hunting down those who used to maintain it to make sure noone else is hurt by this article?

HokeyFry
December 2nd, 2006, 07:22 AM
lol any adult would have to be COMPLETELY RETARDED to believe this article. i would know my mom read it and said it was a load of bull****.

December 2nd, 2006, 07:42 AM
hmm im pretty sure that site is fake :(

Iandefor
December 2nd, 2006, 07:52 AM
I found that in 2003 and couldn't take it seriously then.

Least that much hasn't changed across these past three years ;).

OffHand
December 2nd, 2006, 10:49 AM
Does my signature look familiar?

steven8
December 2nd, 2006, 11:55 AM
The Russians lost?! Damn, my brother owes me 5 bucks!

Lord Illidan
December 2nd, 2006, 12:06 PM
I'm writing this from behind bars.

steven8
December 2nd, 2006, 12:10 PM
I'm writing this from IN the bar. It's great to have a bar with highspeed wireless access!!

Ocxic
December 2nd, 2006, 03:21 PM
I've seen this b4, it's iether fake, or written by an idoit.
it is funny to read tho.

Bartender
December 2nd, 2006, 04:02 PM
The whole site is archived. Go back to the main page and scroll down a little. Some of the Linux Zealot (http://www.adequacy.org/public/stories/2001.11.26.101258.24.html) cartoons were pretty funny

mabhatter
December 3rd, 2006, 06:15 AM
That's funny... it's obviously supposed to be funny... I was taking it serious, wondering when the author was going to start telling what his kid actually DID WRONG... then he mentioned "commet cursor" and "bonzi buddy" and hacker in same paragraph the joke was up!

xopher
December 3rd, 2006, 07:06 AM
Linus comes from my home country ^_^

we don't have laws against using linux and flash and so on :)

I hope you don't really believe Linus is Swedish? If your location-setting is accurately set up.

Linus Benedict Torvalds (born December 28, 1969 in Helsinki, Finland) is a Finnish software engineer best known for initiating the development of the Linux kernel. He now acts as the project's coordinator (or Benevolent Dictator for Life).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus_Torvalds

Lucifiel
May 10th, 2007, 02:19 PM
That article was so wrong, it's really funny. :p

Who wants to bet they were poking fun at all those ignorant parents who spend too much time policing their children and preventing from learning? :P

starcraft.man
May 10th, 2007, 02:28 PM
According to that, installing Linux (or any other non windows non mac derivative), asking for a new computer, getting new programs, reading information on the internet and doing poorly in school all mean your a hacker.....
my mind has been blown, I believe that qualifies a huge chunk of the world, if not just a large portion of my friends.

This guy either was trying to get a good laugh (its not that funny) or is horribly uninformed as to a lot of things and should not talk about such things without learning more. I really hope it was a poor joke...

Eddie Wilson
May 10th, 2007, 02:35 PM
They will put us all in jail and sentence us to using Windows Vista.:evil:
Eddie

borris.morris
May 10th, 2007, 02:39 PM
They will put us all in jail and sentence us to using Windows Vista.:evil:
Eddie

NO!!!!!!!!! NOT THAT LIVING HELL!!!! I don't want to use Vista!

starcraft.man
May 10th, 2007, 02:44 PM
NO!!!!!!!!! NOT THAT LIVING HELL!!!! I don't want to use Vista!

Bah, it could be even worse... you could be forced to manage a whole IT section on Vista :p

koshatnik
May 10th, 2007, 02:48 PM
I found this site on the web that somebody wrote and according to it I should be in jail in fact I'm going to turn myself in RIGHT NOW!!!;)

Click here to read the warning! (http://www.adequacy.org/public/stories/2001.12.2.42056.2147.html)

Quite amusing. Irony doesn't translate well on webpages though.

Extreme Coder
May 10th, 2007, 03:11 PM
You guys should check out the Linux Zealot comics on the site. Even though they're supposed to be (badly written) jokes, they make me wanna smack somebody in the face :/

Extreme Coder