PDA

View Full Version : Please test my SuperKaramba Theme...

unlokia
November 30th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Hey people!. I have only just (literally 2 hours!) got into how to create SuperKaramba themes... I have created a VERY basic one. I would like people with KDE to test it, just to make sure it runs ok on your computers too. All this theme does is display hostname@<blahblah> and it looks kinda amateurish, because it *IS*!!.

I have attached it as a *.zip file. Many thanks!!

Oh and PS: this theme 10/10 for uselessness

kuja
November 30th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Works fine, and you're right though, it is useless.

unlokia
November 30th, 2006, 11:56 AM
haha I know, but at least it functions as expected!! :D

I find the syntax within karamba a little bit non-consistent, but hey, I am sure that I shall get used to all that in time. Widgets are very 2007, and I can only envisage more and more being developed. May even get into developing them for Vista Sidebar, if it is simple enough. I read some microsoft specs and they say something about html and XML files being the basis for them.

Not that I am a fanboy of either M$ or Linux, I just like to keep my mind open and realistic. A lot of people use Linux, and soon a LOT will be using Vista, so I may as well cater for both!.

[EDIT] Oh sorry Balmer.... "Gadgets"...:mrgreen:
[EDIT-2] Oh my!. Just been reading M$ "Gadgets" specifications... suddenly SuperKaramba seems a WHOLE lot simpler!. Why does M$ make things SO complicated?!!](*,)

Just found a very interesting link, for those who don't know what RSS is or how it works:http://rss.softwaregarden.com/aboutrss.html