PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] I don't understand this violation.

rattlerviper
November 28th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I recieved a violation that I really do not understand.

Dear rattlerviper,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1817555

Reason: unnecessary grumpiness
-------
I know you have discussed the infraction BigDave received from me for doing the same thing. As I told him I couldn't care less what you think about Jozef, your dispute with him has nothing to do with these forums. I consider this post trollish flamebait. If you want to end up with a ban from these forums then by all means keep dredging up your disagreement here otherwise let it rest.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
Ubuntu Forums
Frankly in the context of the thread that it was in it was a honest reply. Not trollish flamebait, but merely a honest reply to the thread. Mathew was right, the disagreement has nothing to do with UF! Why then is a UF mod defending cafelinux.org and essentially saying it was not a scam? If I wanted to dredge up the disagreement I would be following RAV TUX around and being argumenative to him at every post. Am I doing this? No I have not...in fact most of the time my posts are in agreement to RAV TUX's posts.

I don't have a ax to grind here at UF. I have left any disagreement (or lack of one) away from UF, and intend to do the same in the future. But this was a honest heartfelt reply to a thread. Perhaps if my reply was offensive others were as well and the whole thread should be deleted and everyone who posted should recieve a infraction point?

What does cafelinux.org have to do with UF? Why are moderators coming to the defense of Cafelinux.org?

KiwiNZ
November 28th, 2006, 07:53 PM
I will consider this and reply in due course

KiwiNZ
November 28th, 2006, 11:07 PM
The intent and meaning of the post in question was clear. I support the issuing of an infraction for this. I am of the belief that an infraction notice is less that what should have been done in this case.