http://bandcamp.tv/linux-demotivators/

:p

dbbolton
November 28th, 2006, 06:49 PM
come on. it's funny.

stalker145
November 28th, 2006, 07:25 PM
come on. it's funny.

Agreed. The guys at the office got a kick out of Gentoo. I, personally enjoyed the Ubuntu reference. I guess that just shows priorities ;)

zachtib
November 28th, 2006, 07:33 PM
come on. it's funny.

They're also really old, and most people here have likely seen them (not trying to flame, here)

They're also in need of some updating. Novell/Suse are noticeably absent, along with a few other fairly popular distros, such as Arch. On top of that, as much as I may like the Ubuntu poster, I don't think it particularly applies anymore.

civilian
November 28th, 2006, 07:34 PM
haha definitely funny, a couple months ago though I wouldnt've got anything.

rfruth
November 28th, 2006, 07:36 PM
good stuff, tnx !

Klaidas
November 28th, 2006, 08:34 PM
haha :D
Ubuntu :D
Slackware :D:D
GENTOO! :D:D:D

Ok, they were really funny

Brunellus
November 28th, 2006, 08:41 PM
the Ubuntu one hasn't been true since Warty, sadly. Many have mourned the distinct lack of shipit cheescake lately.

robconscient
November 28th, 2006, 08:48 PM
These are very funny, however I confess, I don't get the Ubuntu and Debian references. How is Debian elitist? If pictures of naked people come with Ubuntu, they sure missed my default installation.

GStubbs43
November 28th, 2006, 08:56 PM
These are very funny, however I confess, I don't get the Ubuntu and Debian references. How is Debian elitist? If pictures of naked people come with Ubuntu, they sure missed my default installation.

Not sure about Debian, but for Ubuntu try this:

sudo aptitude install ubuntu-calendar
then right click your desktop and choose "Change Desktop Background"
;)

Brunellus
November 28th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Debian's elitism isn't tied to the distro itself, which is by all accounts excellent, but to the characters in the user/development community. Debianistas on the whole care more about software freedom than anything else, and disagree--vehemently--with suggestions that many users would like to come to some pragmatic modus vivendi with the rest of the world.

And if you really want to get the Debianistas going, mention that you run Ubuntu. Keep your eye on the guys wearing the MARK SHUTTLEWORTH STOLE MY DISTRIBUTION T-shirts, they're vicious.

dbbolton
November 28th, 2006, 11:03 PM
They're also really old, and most people here have likely seen them (not trying to flame, here)

They're also in need of some updating. Novell/Suse are noticeably absent, along with a few other fairly popular distros, such as Arch. On top of that, as much as I may like the Ubuntu poster, I don't think it particularly applies anymore.
i know, it's the best i could come up with at four in the morning.

dbbolton
November 28th, 2006, 11:03 PM
haha definitely funny, a couple months ago though I wouldnt've got anything.
same here

dbbolton
November 28th, 2006, 11:29 PM
this is pleasing to my palette

Reshin
November 28th, 2006, 11:33 PM

Debianist were the worst case of "RTFM"-people, IIRC

edit. guess I didn't

blippy
December 7th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Keep your eye on the guys wearing the MARK SHUTTLEWORTH STOLE MY DISTRIBUTION T-shirts, they're vicious.

I recall once seeing a poster with the title along the lines of "Here's that Debian elitism for you", showing a guy being kicked whilst he was on the ground. It was modelled after those posters you see at http://www.despair.com. Wish I could find it again.

MONODA
November 25th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Not sure about Debian, but for Ubuntu try this:

sudo aptitude install ubuntu-calendar
then right click your desktop and choose "Change Desktop Background"
;)

whats supposed to happen when I do that. I dont want to take the risk lol.

stunner
November 25th, 2007, 08:23 PM
It seems to just install several potentially risque desktop backgrounds - there may be other things as well but I didn't poke around.

The posters are hilarious though - can't wait for some new ones :D

Lord C
November 25th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Lmao, great humour.

Ah, good ole ubuntu-calendar ^_^

ticopelp
November 25th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I laughed at the Slackware and Caldera entries. I remember Caldera Linux... had a Tetris game you could play during install (neat!) but then wouldn't accept a root login or make a user account (not so neat).

init1
November 25th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I laughed at the Slackware and Caldera entries. I remember Caldera Linux... had a Tetris game you could play during install (neat!) but then wouldn't accept a root login or make a user account (not so neat).
Reminds me very much of Ark Linux. It too has a tetris game durring the install, and a simular login problem.