PDA

View Full Version : Live CD, oops

theselig
April 30th, 2005, 12:22 PM
I want to change over from Windows to ubuntu so i was playing around with the live CD when I accidentily logged out, without setting up an accout. I'm now locked out of my laptop, I can't log in as the username is ubuntu and i don't know the password and I cannot restart my laptop as the power button works by telling the software to restart and it will not do that while I'm logged off. So apart from waiting for the battery to run down what can I do?

momo66
April 30th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I want to change over from Windows to ubuntu so i was playing around with the live CD when I accidentily logged out, without setting up an accout. I'm now locked out of my laptop, I can't log in as the username is ubuntu and i don't know the password and I cannot restart my laptop as the power button works by telling the software to restart and it will not do that while I'm logged off. So apart from waiting for the battery to run down what can I do?
Unplug your laptop and remove the battery. Plug the battery back in and start again.

think it will work.

orion_114
April 30th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Holiding the power button in for about 5 seconds should force your computer to switch off.