PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows?

haxer
November 27th, 2006, 01:01 AM
Hello i wounder if anyone of you guys know where to buy the cheapest computers that ships to owerseas? ;)

taurus
November 27th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Move to Cafe.

aysiu
November 27th, 2006, 01:09 AM
This link may help:
http://lxer.com/module/forums/t/23168/

junglepeanut
November 27th, 2006, 01:09 AM
I took so long posting there is good information above. Cool my suggestion was on the list.

This most likely does not help you so I hope somebody posts some real information.

I travel occasionaly to Denmark, London, Pakistan and the USA so for my family when they want a laptop I pick one up and bring it with me. As the USA seems to be the best bet for a cheap laptop. Plus I won't post this but...if you think about it you may notice some other obvious advantages to finding a family member to bring it in for you.

For a powerful cheap laptop I suggest any link provided by the manufacturer that allows you to buy with out an OS or powernotebooks.com.

haxer
November 27th, 2006, 03:54 AM
well im from sweden and the dollar is good 6.89 that mean that 100usd = 689 swedish kronor and as far as i can see it the best computer is dell inspiron 1501 or am i wrong? But what cheap? I think i have to pay like 10% taxes on it anyway but .. im off tomorrow to look at 1 fujutsi siemens 700mhz p3 128mb ram and 15gb hdd for 700 swedish kronor thats like 101 dollars :) thats rather cheap? :-k

junglepeanut
November 27th, 2006, 04:50 AM
All my opinion below. So sorry if it feels like I am saying bad deal becasue that is not the case, I want it to say I would not do that.

I do not consider that cheap, yes, it is not expensive, but you would be paying more for something that may not be worth it later.

In fact I have seen laptops similar to that given to people for free to learn Linux on.

Considering the range you are looking at, tell me this, what would you like to do with this laptop? School work? Surf the web? Program? Your answer to what you want to do with it may answer more whether this is the right laptop or not.

I think the 700MHz is not so bad but definitely add more memory if possible for the same price. Also make sure it has the power cord, and the battery has a warranty. Often older laptops batteries will not hold a charge, then you have a laptop that has to be plugged in all the time, that is not fun.

Also does it have a CD drive? A DVD drive? Does it have enough USB plugs? Does it have ethernet? Is the modem real or a winmodem? Try to figure out all these questions before purchase to make sure you are happy with what you get.

haxer
November 27th, 2006, 02:04 PM
It has cdrom dvd i dont think so .. but it is rather cheap and all i want to do is to try distros on it ... maybe things i wouldnt do on my normal pc just play around with usb yes it has but probably not 2.0 .. but the fact is that a "new" laptop cost really much and dell in the usa wont ship it to sweden ... :twisted: And i called dell in sweden and asked and they just told me that thats their policy .. but i found on newegg an computer named nascar with logo off nascar and i think its good for 500$ But the cheapest website on the planet with the best prices anyone knows it? ;)

mips
November 27th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Hello i wounder if anyone of you guys know where to buy the cheapest computers that ships to owerseas? ;)

It would probably be better/cheaper if you built your own from locally sourced components.