PDA

View Full Version : Lend me your voice.

kelbizzle
November 26th, 2006, 06:37 AM
I was curious. If any of the Ubuntu Women would like to lend me their voice. I have an Idea of a James Bond type theme :-D. Could someone record themselves saying "Hello Kel-bizzle" I would greatly appreciate it. I would like my computer to say it when I turn it on.

meital
November 26th, 2006, 06:18 PM
if my microphone will start working with ubuntu than i'll be able to do this for you, but it doesn't wanna work :(

DoctorMO
November 26th, 2006, 06:22 PM
meital, have a look at the alsa settings, I've found ubuntu has one of the worst default alsa set ups, especially since gnome needs some oss drivel.

meital
November 26th, 2006, 06:42 PM
meital, have a look at the alsa settings, I've found ubuntu has one of the worst default alsa set ups, especially since gnome needs some oss drivel.

I've already tried everything...it just doesn't work. maybe it hates me 'cause i'm a women :rolleyes:

bodycoach2
November 26th, 2006, 07:30 PM
For some weird reason, Ubuntu comes with the mic muted. Right click on the volume control in the upper right hand corner, click on "Open Volume Control".
You may have to try a few settings, but make sure your mic isn't muted.

if my microphone will start working with ubuntu than i'll be able to do this for you, but it doesn't wanna work :(

meital
November 26th, 2006, 07:47 PM
For some weird reason, Ubuntu comes with the mic muted. Right click on the volume control in the upper right hand corner, click on "Open Volume Control".
You may have to try a few settings, but make sure your mic isn't muted.
it isn't muted. as i already said, i've tried many ways to make it work...i also understood that there are problems with SmartCom's microphone and ubuntu.

kelbizzle
November 26th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Thats a bummer. My mic barely works on my laptop. Haven't tried on the headless desktop upstairs serving my music housewide. If anyone gets bored or creative. Feel free to post a link. I'll keep checking back.