PDA

View Full Version : just wondering (physics)(chemistry)

maneesh77
November 25th, 2006, 08:48 AM
I tutor high schools kids physics and chemistry part time.

Is there a program that can help me make highschool physics and chemistry more interactive, with quizes and games

Just wondering??

dbbolton
November 25th, 2006, 10:09 AM
look up qwizdom/quizdom

Peyton
November 29th, 2006, 04:42 AM
Take a look at kalzium, too.

redorange
November 17th, 2008, 10:03 PM
take a look at syvum.com, they have tons of quiz. you also might consider students create their own quiz, and test their classmates. there are many sites help users create their own quiz.

Trafferth
November 18th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Hello, fellow expositor! :)

I don't know if this will be too advanced, but the textbook "Physics For Scientists and Engineers" by Tipler and Mosca (Freeman) comes with lots of small browser-based demonstrations that can be embedded in a webpage or an academic suite such as Blackboard. The ISBN of the copy I have is 9781429202657, but I am in the U.K. (the book is a 'not for resale in the US' copy), so if you are in the U.S. you will need to find the version applicable to you.

Hope this helps!

Trafferth :)

kaspar_silas
November 19th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Hello, fellow expositor! :)

I don't know if this will be too advanced, but the textbook "Physics For Scientists and Engineers" by Tipler and Mosca (Freeman) comes with lots of small browser-based demonstrations that can be embedded in a webpage or an academic suite such as Blackboard. The ISBN of the copy I have is 9781429202657, but I am in the U.K. (the book is a 'not for resale in the US' copy), so if you are in the U.S. you will need to find the version applicable to you.

Hope this helps!

Trafferth :)

Incidentally you should probably buy the book from a UK site and get it posted across. I think since this is a UK transaction this is legal. I have no idea why but in my experience almost all education books are much more expensive in the US than the UK. Sometimes this can be very dramatic and virtually always even with the extra postage it is cheaper.

Anyway if you put up topics you want im sure I (or others) can give you the websites or programs.

kaspar_silas
November 19th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I forgot to say you might want to install edubuntu which is pretty much a collection of learning games.

http://edubuntu.org/