PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 0wNz!

exec
April 29th, 2005, 01:53 PM
I just installed Ubuntu onto one of my systems, and wow does it own! I'm am so pleased that I decided to use Ubuntu. I'm so overwhelmed :)

I will not change back [-X

TravisNewman
April 29th, 2005, 02:14 PM
EDIT: I have a strange sense of humor. If you don't care to partake, skip to the last paragraph ;)

Ubuntu is teh pwn4g3!
Sorry, you just reminded me of Pure Pwnage: http://www.purepwnage.com/
Pro gamers making fun of pro gamers and their l33t-speak.
;)

Anyway--
Technically, Canonical owns Ubuntu. Ubuntu is a product and therefore can't own anything, but Canonical, the company behind Ubuntu, does in fact own (in some sense of the word) Ubuntu. However, since it's an open source product, ownership is also held by the users and developers. So, exec, YOU own, and so do I. We ALL own.

I love wordplay :D

OK I'll stop being an idiot. Glad to know you're enjoying it! And welcome to the community! In the link directory up in the tabs on the top of the page, you'll find a lot of useful stuff to get you started.

bored2k
April 29th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Ubuntu is a product and therefore can't own anything ROFL dude

Yeap, we're all pleased we tried Ubuntu. It just works [by the way, Longhorn is going to use this slogan, that's just hilarious]. It's nice to see the face of a not-so-well-versed linux user facing a non-GUI install, to discover the wonderful world of Neverl---Ubuntu.

TravisNewman
April 29th, 2005, 02:30 PM
The wonderful world of NeverlUbuntu. I was just there last week dude, it rocks!

One word to the wise I should have put in the first reply: Don't give up when you hit a roadblock. That's what we're here for ;)

Stormy Eyes
April 29th, 2005, 02:35 PM
I suppose that people now say "$SOMETHING owns!" instead of $SOMETHING rules!", eh? Wait, is that the 1980s on the phone?

defkewl
April 29th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Okay we'll see how far you could stay with Ubuntu :D

escuchamezz
April 29th, 2005, 03:20 PM
r

bored2k
April 29th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Okay we'll see how far you could stay with Ubuntu :D
Is that supposed to mean he's going to quit after X amount of time ? I haven't..

Stormy Eyes
April 29th, 2005, 03:31 PM
pwns or not, but i bet you still dual boot it with windows xp like everyone else here :grin:

Like everyone else here? I hope you're not including me; I haven't used Windows at home since 1999.

fng
April 29th, 2005, 03:51 PM
I'm only using windows at work becaus ei have to.
I've been windows-free at home since 2003

bigzak
April 29th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I use Windows at work because I get paid to. I use windows at home because... oh wait... scratch that. Windows free since 1999.

TravisNewman
April 29th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Yeah, same with the others-- Windows free here.

I mean, come on-- "Okay we'll see how far you could stay with Ubuntu :D"

Do you even LIKE the Distribtion whose forums you're on?