PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Want For Christmas Or The Holidays??

cantormath
November 24th, 2006, 10:15 AM
WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS OR THE HOLIDAYS?

I WANT MORE COMPUTERS AND WORLD PEACE.

slimdog360
November 24th, 2006, 10:28 AM
all I want for christmas is my two front teeth.

mozetti
November 24th, 2006, 10:28 AM
I told my family to use the money they were going to spend on my wife and I to donate to a charity, or to buy presents for a family that could use the help.

We're both working adults, and can buy the things we want/need. Not everyone is as lucky.

cantormath
November 24th, 2006, 10:38 AM
I told my family to use the money they were going to spend on my wife and I to donate to a charity, or to buy presents for a family that could use the help.

We're both working adults, and can buy the things we want/need. Not everyone is as lucky.

CHEERS to that!

xyz
November 24th, 2006, 10:38 AM
all I want for christmas is my two front teeth.
Oh boy...did that one make me laugh!!!!lol
I broke mine when I was 12...so I've got fake ones! Makes it easier to eat apples!!

For Xmas, I wish for understanding because there won't ever be peace without it.
I also wish to abolish greed and the need for power.
I love utopia!!!

adam.tropics
November 24th, 2006, 11:07 AM

Send them here! (http://ubuntuforums.org/billspaypal.php?)

beercz
November 24th, 2006, 12:15 PM
All I want for Christmas is time off!!!!

xyz
November 24th, 2006, 12:26 PM
All I want for Christmas is time off!!!!
Let's trade...

cantormath
November 24th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Let's trade...

hahahahaha

Cyraxzz
November 24th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Christmas has turned into a totally commercial holiday in more ways then one.

cantormath
November 24th, 2006, 01:13 PM

only if you let it.

drphilngood
November 24th, 2006, 02:26 PM
1080p 8)

cantormath
November 24th, 2006, 02:31 PM
1080p 8)

For sure......or a projector

djsroknrol
November 24th, 2006, 02:34 PM
I hope I'm not the only one who actually wants something....

I've been hinting for a DVD recorder VHS combo to transfer my VHS collection to DVD.

cantormath
November 24th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I hope I'm not the only one who actually wants something....

I've been hinting for a DVD recorder VHS combo to transfer my VHS collection to DVD.

be careful when purchasing one of those, they sometimes tend to have alot of DRM type things built in. I had one that could not play burnt dvds.

rado_london
November 24th, 2006, 02:48 PM
I want Apple notebook and plane ticket to Bulgaria:)

viper
November 24th, 2006, 05:06 PM
I want, I want, :confused: Damn i really don`t know what i want...........

zachtib
November 24th, 2006, 05:09 PM
I'm asking for a new Thinkpad: Z61t, Core 2 Duo, 14" WXGA+ screen. :)

christhemonkey
November 24th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Driving lessons =]

TeraDyne
November 24th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Driving lessons =]
I'm already getting those. I'm 20 and just learning to drive. XD

Um... a Wii and a couple of games, a PDA, a good Linux-compatible TV Tuner card with FM Tuner, or just some cash to put back for later on down the line. Any of the above, really.

Beamerboy
November 24th, 2006, 06:41 PM
I would really like the poxy *** lazy bastages at the Student Loan Company to actually complete my funding application so we can buy food for christmas, pay our mortgage and maybe even purchase my 11 month old son a christmas present or 2.

The front of the form states "You MUST complete this form in BLACK ink as it is processed by a computer" (words to that effect) yet after 4 weeks they are STILL in the process of inputting my application to the system. WTF kind of crazy OCR system are they using that takes 4 weeks to scan approx 20 A4 pages of data?

So yes, I would like my student funding through by christmas.

BWF89
November 24th, 2006, 06:48 PM
I want a copy of A Scanner Darkly on DVD. It comes out on the 17th. That's all I'm asking for.

Christmas
November 24th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Yep, I celebrate it though I'm an atheist. Christmas was always a holiday which I enjoyed because of the mood most of the people have. It's something in the air I guess :) What I want? Hmmm... To have a nice time, to drink, to listen to music... to drink again.

ashleycrue
November 24th, 2006, 08:13 PM
all i want is time with my kids and a 2nd hard drive.

Dual Cortex
November 24th, 2006, 08:20 PM
I want a new computer with a QX6700, at least 2GB DDR2-800 2-2-2-5 RAM, a raptor HD, a mobo that costs over $200 (;)) and an expensive PSU.
The day I buy a PSU that costs over $50, I will officially declare myself wealthy.

Oh, yeah, and a PS3 too (the $600 version).

I don't ask for much, do I? Only 2 things!

Kernel Sanders
November 24th, 2006, 08:22 PM
What do I want for christmas? Hmm... I dont want to be greedy so..... i'd settle for an hour with Angeline Jolie, in a hotel room, with some chocolate sauce 8)

PriceChild
November 24th, 2006, 08:29 PM
A decent 1.5 man tent. (yes you can get 1.5)

songo
November 24th, 2006, 08:36 PM
i finished my grad on october. i want a job for xmas!
oh, and a laptop

graabein
November 24th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Just gimme some good ol world peace!! :D And maybe some snow if you can spare it. It's still a month off so let's not get started huh? Kind of ruins what ever spirit is left.

MedivhX
November 24th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Hummm... I want a new computer!!! This one sucks...

Minyaliel
November 24th, 2006, 08:56 PM
All I want for Christmas is sleep, no thinking about upcoming exams and keeping certain relatives and ex- relatives as far away as possible. I'd happily give them a one- way ticket to New Zealand or some place at least 10 hours' flight from here :P

mips
November 24th, 2006, 08:58 PM
A decent 1.5 man tent. (yes you can get 1.5)

I have avery nice 5 man tent if you want it, used once. Camping is not for me.

dbbolton
November 24th, 2006, 09:04 PM
i want to get accepted into NYU !

cantormath
November 25th, 2006, 06:28 AM
i want to get accepted into NYU !

hey,

hope you get your wish...

d3v1ant_0n3
November 25th, 2006, 06:31 AM
I want peace, love and understanding worldwide.

Oh, and a computer that doesn't randomly bug out due to a hardware fault I can't pin down or do much about (Have you SEEN how much new mobos for laptops cost??!!).

We're getting a new puppy for christmas:D :D

Toontwnca
November 25th, 2006, 07:19 AM
A new LCD tv would be nice.

Iandefor
November 25th, 2006, 07:28 AM
I want peace, love and understanding worldwide. Pff. Good luck with that.

Santa only deals in material goods.

I chose both 'yes' and 'no' to the poll because, well, I have some Catholic relatives that I usually spend the holidays with, but I'm an atheist and hold the holiday in no regard.

And it gives me a year-end infusion of maybe $300 I can put towards something shiny.

Dokatz
November 25th, 2006, 07:35 AM

America commercializes everything. But I celebrate christmas as an escuse to see my family, and spend time with them, and buy them crap. And get crap. If there were no gifts in christmas, I know for damn sure alot of my druggie cousins woulden't even show up...But otherwise it's a pretty nice holiday.

What I want:

My dad to be proud of me.

My sister to stop drinking.

My little brother to do good in school.

My mom to calm the heck down.

...And some socks would be nice.

fuscia
November 25th, 2006, 07:52 AM
more of the same (i already know i'm getting it) and world peace.

PryGuy
November 25th, 2006, 07:55 AM
I want Apple notebook and plane ticket to Bulgaria:)Why Bulgaria? Better come here... ;) And you won't be freezing, it's +3 this morning here, seems that winter is canceled this year...

What do I want for Christmas? Hmmm, having all my work done actually. Being with my family. Presents do not matter much. Ah, yeah, I think I have a wish, I'd love to meet Crhistmas in London with my girlfriend and father (mom died).

America commercializes everything. But I celebrate christmas as an escuse to see my family, and spend time with them, and buy them crap. And get crap. If there were no gifts in christmas, I know for damn sure alot of my druggie cousins woulden't even show up...But otherwise it's a pretty nice holiday.These are good words, wishes are good also. Reading your post I have remembered one of my favorite short-stories, O Henry's 'The Gift of The Magi' (http://www.online-literature.com/o_henry/1014/), a great story by one of the greatest American writers. It's probably a story that you are forced to read at school, and I know how it is, but anyway the story is just great.

And people, I'm not an Ubuntu Christian Edition user, you know, but let us remember who was Jesus Christ and what did he do for us, it's his birthday after all...

Macintosh Sauce
November 25th, 2006, 08:17 AM
I do celebrate the true meaning of Christmas as a practicing Lutheran. Being with family is most important after that.

This evening, I bought myself an early Christmas present, which I definitely deserve after the term I just went through at university. LOL

I sold my old Power Mac G4 (dual 1.25 GHz MD) on eBay for $1000, plus my brother-in-law is buying my Windows XP computer for $500. I put in the rest and with my academic discount, I am getting a quad core (Intel Xeon) Mac Pro next week. The Mac Pro can run Mac OS X, Windows XP, and PCLinuxOS/Ubuntu (in Parallels). Going to be sweet indeed!

MAC PRO,CTO
Z0D8
Custom configuration

3.00 GHz Quad Intel Xeon
1GB 667 DDR2 FB DIMM ECC-2x512
ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB
160GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s drive
2x16x SuperDrive DL
Airport Extreme & BlueTooth 2.0+EDR
Apple Keyboard & Mighty Mouse
iWorks '06
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Country Kit

dbbolton
November 25th, 2006, 09:47 AM
hey,

hope you get your wish...
thanks! :)

der_joachim
November 25th, 2006, 10:03 AM
I am an atheist. So is my family and my family-in-law and so are most of my friends. Still we all celebrate christmas. It is truly a celebration which has transcended religion. Somehow I find that comforting.

Although I like the presents, I think christmas would be nice as well without them. I like being with the family, eating with them and looking back on the past year. I can do such things all year, but I like the symbolism of doing such things in the darkest days of the year.

As for what I would like: a bit more tranquility in the lives of my friends and family members. It has been an um... interesting year for many of us. There were some good things and some very bad things.

JLB
November 25th, 2006, 10:24 AM
To enjoy time with my family.

To enjoy some time to myself on the back porch with a nice cigar, two fingers of Crown Royal, dog at my feet and a clear night to look at the stars.

p.s. Oh! and world peace.:D

chimay1
November 26th, 2006, 12:58 AM

jesus wasn't born in dec. so this holliday is all about the cash

Iandefor
November 26th, 2006, 01:52 AM
I sold my old Power Mac G4 (dual 1.25 GHz MD) on eBay for $1000, plus my brother-in-law is buying my Windows XP computer for $500. I put in the rest and with my academic discount, I am getting a quad core (Intel Xeon) Mac Pro next week. The Mac Pro can run Mac OS X, Windows XP, and PCLinuxOS/Ubuntu (in Parallels). Going to be sweet indeed! You can also check out elilo (http://elilo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/blosxom). No virtualization necessary to run Linux. Pretty hacky, though.

Then again, with four cores, would you even notice if you were running a virtualized Linux installation?

BigDave708
November 26th, 2006, 02:56 AM
http://outhouserag.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/pint.jpg

viper
November 26th, 2006, 08:42 AM
America commercializes everything. But I celebrate christmas as an escuse to see my family, and spend time with them, and buy them crap. And get crap. If there were no gifts in christmas, I know for damn sure alot of my druggie cousins woulden't even show up...But otherwise it's a pretty nice holiday.

What I want:

My dad to be proud of me.

My sister to stop drinking.

My little brother to do good in school.

My mom to calm the heck down.

...And some socks would be nice.

Mate i hope you get what you want.....:)

frup
November 26th, 2006, 10:43 AM
All I want for Christmas is sleep, no thinking about upcoming exams and keeping certain relatives and ex- relatives as far away as possible. I'd happily give them a one- way ticket to New Zealand or some place at least 10 hours' flight from here :P

I wouldn't mind some slaves for Christmas.

humptydumpty
November 26th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Peace on Earth - at any time, not just Christmas.

usersock
November 27th, 2006, 12:28 PM
I wanted another computer to tinker with Linux, which I received early ^_^

Ubuntu rocks!

cstudent
November 27th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Peace on Earth.

Choad
November 27th, 2006, 12:59 PM
http://uk.zepto.com/Default.aspx?page=NotebookSummaryPage&notebookid=u1czezshIM8xYjXUsjW

that laptop

sexy sexy laptop

hotbrainz
November 27th, 2006, 04:57 PM
I want a job...or else i ma forced to do a PhD..... fret....

dart1007
November 28th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Nothing...really....

PrinceArithon
November 28th, 2006, 06:22 PM
I want too much for Xmas. I will tell you what I want for what I need and what I want just cuz I want it.

I need a new computer Chair...I've been on a hard metal chair for the past year....

I need a new harddrive, and a case for my old one so I can use it for storage

I want a new laptop.

OK that's it

iPower
November 28th, 2006, 06:37 PM
a new computer ^_^

JayTee
November 28th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I want my hair to grow back.

creaturex
November 29th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Knowing people who have fought, and some that have died, in Iraq I'm hoping not for sudden withdrawal or anything like that, but for the mission to finally succeed and for Iraq to finally be able to stand on it's own two feet against the insurgents within it's borders. I don't want to start a debate here, but I know that most of those who gave their lives as heroes did so for the hope that Iraq would some day be a free country, and the people could stand up on their own.

stuh84
November 29th, 2006, 02:45 AM
The two TFT's I'm getting (19" Widescreen and 17" 4:3), Drumkit From Hell, some Korg DT100 cans, and the Pro-Tools setup I'm ordering 5 days before when my wage comes in :)

The two TFT's are more for when I get my Apple Mac Pro in the near future for Sound Engineering, Video Editing and Web Design (I can't mix music without two screens now, I find it absolutely impossible), although there will be some Ubuntu coming through on them too :)

A new job, girlfriend and purpose would help, but thats not particularly for christmas........