PDA

View Full Version : Vote for my musical favourites!

PryGuy
November 24th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Hello there!
I just ask you to vote for the bands/singers I like. Most of them are from Britain that is very pleasant for me... :)

P.S. I had no space for the 'other' choice so please null vote if you do not like any of them. :)

Thank you!

adam.tropics
November 24th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Interesting choices....definitely, what's the word...eclectic.!

PryGuy
November 24th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Interesting choices....definitely, what's the word...eclectic.!These people have done a lot for the music I think.

xyz
November 24th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Great choices!!
Just one of them I've never heard of..."Morcheeba"! Is it Russian?

PryGuy
November 24th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Great choices!!
Just one of them I've never heard of..."Morcheeba"! Is it Russian?http://morcheeba.co.uk/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morcheeba

MaximB
November 24th, 2006, 01:20 PM
were is the HEAVY METAL that I like so much ? ;)
or at least rock ...
and if you are talking about oldies , were is Elvis or Jerry Lee Louis or the Beatles ?

from the choices I have I must choose Pink Floyd and George Michael (it's a shame that he is a ***).

fuscia
November 24th, 2006, 01:22 PM
go with buckethead.

PryGuy
November 24th, 2006, 01:31 PM
were is the HEAVY METAL that I like so much ? ;)
or at least rock ...
and if you are talking about oldies , were is Elvis or Jerry Lee Louis or the Beatles ?

from the choices I have I must choose Pink Floyd and George Michael (it's a shame that he is a ***).Hey Max!
Yeah, Elvis Rocks! I would also add Louis Armstrong, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Bob Marley. But I was limited by ten positions in the poll and I do not listen them frequently to be honest. But these are just my preferences. And well I'm not talking about oldies, I'm talking about the music that I like. :)
It seems to me that The Doors rules according to the poll results! ;)

xyz
November 24th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah...better have Doors than Windows...lol!!
Couldn't refrain! Never mind!

PryGuy
November 24th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Yeah...better have Doors than Windows...lol!!
Couldn't refrain! Never mind!You bet!!! ;)

djsroknrol
November 24th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Floyd wins hands down with me...their shows are/were incredible...

Gustav
November 24th, 2006, 03:07 PM
I'd say that the Doors win this list just before Pink Floyd.

The others come far behind.

PryGuy
November 24th, 2006, 03:26 PM
I'd say that the Doors win this list just before Pink Floyd.

The others come far behind.Hmmm, I would not agree... How about Lloyd Webber for instance. He's just different it's classics mostly. I take his 'Jesus Christ Superstar' very emotionally every time I listen to it. More than 10 years passed since I first heard it though.

Sinead O'Connor's 'Three Babies' for instance... Have you heard her version of 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina' from Lloyd Webber's Evita? George Michael's 'You Have Been Loved'...

Vangelis, Jarre... Fathers of electronic music... Are they 'far behind' for me? No, Sir! :)

ComplexNumber
November 24th, 2006, 03:32 PM
i only voted for pink floyd. and thats floyd with roger waters as a songwriter ONLY. syd barret couldn't write a decent tune to save his life and dave gilmour is bland beyond bland.
jim morrison from the doors was an overrated person who thought he was a poet. and the others are simply not my taste. i used to like jean michael jarre when i were a kid, but his music became very tedious and repetitive after a while.

PryGuy
November 24th, 2006, 03:51 PM
i used to like jean michael jarre when i were a kid, but his music became very tedious and repetitive after a while.Agree... But his 'Oxygene' is one of the best things written in past 30 years I think...

PurplePenguin
December 13th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Floyd by a mile... and I'll agree with ComplexNumber that it's Floyd + Waters that I voted for. Of course, I did manage to see Roger Waters solo and Floyd with Gilmour, and they were both incredible. :)

drphilngood
December 13th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Floyd by a mile...

Pink Floyd, without a doubt.

Christmas
December 13th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Pink Floyd the best, then Doors. I don't listen to the others from the list.

LE: Here's mine Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/Chris7mas

steven8
December 13th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Floyd. But then, I'm on acid. . .