PDA

View Full Version : easiest visual programming language

KhaaL
November 24th, 2006, 08:35 AM
I'm looking for a very easy programming language, so easy that we could call it click-n-play. I don't care for performance much, portability is somewhat important but as long it's going to run on linux I'm gonna be happy.

I have programmed in c++, java, python and a little pascal, I was fond in python most. this was a loooong time ago and now I've forgot them. I'd rather put my time in other projects than putting too much of it into learning programming again.

So please, give me tips! :mrgreen:

Shay Stephens
November 24th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Python would probably give you the most bang for the buck, especially with ubuntu.

loell
November 24th, 2006, 09:59 AM
netbeans with java
or eclipse with java

binks
November 24th, 2006, 03:21 PM
What do you want your programs to do that must be the starting point to the answere of what language to use sorry
binks

KhaaL
November 24th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Python would probably give you the most bang for the buck, especially with ubuntu.

I really liked python, it was easy to understand and it made sense...

But can you really make interfaces with it, such as windowses and such?

@Binks
I don't have a goal set for what my programs to do really, but I guess my first project would do a sync-program for my cell phone :)

Shay Stephens
November 25th, 2006, 12:37 AM
Oh yah, totally. Many of the apps in ubuntu are written in python. It is reaaly easy in fact to create a window and populate it with stuff. I have just started learning python myself, and one of the early things I did in going through a book was to make a simple gui and have it accept user input and then display the output in the gui.

binks
November 25th, 2006, 08:57 AM
ok for the sync prog and for a gui in code with lots of support i would use monodevelop and code in c# its in the repository althou dapper is out of date ver.10 i think edgy is latest v 0.12
binks

KhaaL
November 25th, 2006, 03:00 PM
great, thanks for the feedback guys :)

Since I'm mostly familiar with python I think I'll stick to it. mind pointing me in the direction of some tutorials and handy development eviorments?

Edit: NVM, found http://wiki.wxpython.org/

Thanks again!