PDA

View Full Version : From where in Ohio do you hail?

Pages : 1 [2]

Sin@Sin-Sacrifice
May 10th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Dungstown..... err Youngstown. The murmur of the heartland.

klange
May 11th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Strongsville.
If there's anyone here who goes to SHS, then wow, how did never know you?

m5multitronic
May 12th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Toledo here

Go_Bucks
May 12th, 2008, 04:17 AM
I'm from Columbus, but I have lived in Los Angeles since 2003.

cakemaker
May 22nd, 2008, 07:23 AM
:):KS I am from kettering

Derath
May 22nd, 2008, 07:07 PM
Cool! someone else from the Dayton Area, nice to meet you cakemaker!

JWires
May 23rd, 2008, 06:24 AM
I'm originally from Jackson in southeastern Ohio around 40 miles from Ohio University in Athens. I now live in a little town called Albany 10 minutes or so from OU where I'm a freshman.

It's nice to see a couple people around my area on here.

raziel420
May 23rd, 2008, 07:25 AM
Who-dey who-dey who-dey think gonna beat them Bengals, EVERYBODY!!! Ahhh that chant was so 6 years ago. Westside of cincinnati here, and I'm REALLY new to linux, only been using linux since november, and started off on debian, then switched to ubuntu about a month ago (fell victum to the deaded "He who cannot configure debian" problem). I've lived all over the cincinnati area, but grew up here on the west side (just a stones throw away from I-74, anyone else here about the train wreck there on may 20th?), also lived in milford (where i learned how to drive actually), and in price hill for a couple years. I got curios about a loco for the area about an hour ago and promptly moved into the IRC and joined the forum about 10 minutes ago.

w8jkc
May 23rd, 2008, 07:33 AM
Do I spot another ham? 73 from N8PNB. :mrgreen:

Hello. Im in Canton, (well North Industry). Hello fellow hams!

Zip247
June 2nd, 2008, 04:27 AM
Lorain here...

zerhacke
June 4th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Another ham checking in, KD8GWM from Cambridge... wait, didn't I already answer in this thread?

james_vanb
June 13th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Cleveland (More specifically - Euclid) - Love the Lake. Looks like Linux lives in the Heartland,

Midwest-Linux
June 14th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Near Cincinnati, but in another state... :-)

flyingtiger
July 2nd, 2008, 06:37 AM
Currently Brimfield Township. Places I've lived or visited relatives in Ohio: Tremont City, Springfield, Urbana, Miamisburg, Troy, Kettering, North Lewisburg, South Vienna, Hilliard, Columbus, Mansfield, Waynesburg, North Canton, Akron, Barberton, Kent, Warren, and St. Mary's.

First PC TRS80, then C-64, C128D. 1991 IBM capatible. Punched cards in college to run batch programs in FORTRAN and COBOL. Learned enough Unix at college to run C Pascal. U.S. Navy 1965-1969 (Great Lakes, IL; Pautuxent River, MD; Norfolk, VA, Guantanamo Bay, McCalla Field, Cuba FPO, USS Guadalcanal LPH 7, Appollo 9 Recovery Ship 1969).

Akron LUG member, KB8AMZ, ARRL, NEO-OMIK, OMIK National, QRP-ARCI#8855. 2nd Basic Police Academy at Ohio State Highway Patrol Academy, Retired from Law Enforcement. Graduated Remington College October 2006, National Technical Honor Society, AAS, Computer Network Technology. Divorced, Father, Grandfather.

TMI? Saves time for later questions. :lolflag:

lyceum
July 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
Currently Brimfield Township. Places I've lived or visited relatives in Ohio: Tremont City, Springfield, Urbana, Miamisburg, Troy, Kettering, North Lewisburg, South Vienna, Hilliard, Columbus, Mansfield, Waynesburg, North Canton, Akron, Barberton, Kent, Warren, and St. Mary's.

First PC TRS80, then C-64, C128D. 1991 IBM capatible. Punched cards in college to run batch programs in FORTRAN and COBOL. Learned enough Unix at college to run C Pascal. U.S. Navy 1965-1969 (Great Lakes, IL; Pautuxent River, MD; Norfolk, VA, Guantanamo Bay, McCalla Field, Cuba FPO, USS Guadalcanal LPH 7, Appollo 9 Recovery Ship 1969).

Akron LUG member, KB8AMZ, ARRL, NEO-OMIK, OMIK National, QRP-ARCI#8855. 2nd Basic Police Academy at Ohio State Highway Patrol Academy, Retired from Law Enforcement. Graduated Remington College October 2006, National Technical Honor Society, AAS, Computer Network Technology. Divorced, Father, Grandfather.

TMI? Saves time for later questions. :lolflag:

Quite the resume! Welcome aboard :)

wizardofyendor
July 2nd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Westerville Here, north east suburb of columbus.

lyceum
July 3rd, 2008, 01:23 PM
Westerville Here, north east suburb of columbus.

That is where I have lived for the past 7 years. I will be moving to the Hilliard/Dublin area in a month or so though.

daevyd
August 6th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Hi, everyone, My name is on the left and I'm a new member. Got my approval today and thought I'd say hello, so, Hello! Glad to be here with other people sharing ideas and showing support!! I'm located in a Clark County cornfield right between Springfield and Dayton, Ohio. I just installed Hardy Heron on a dual boot Windows system a few weeks ago. We have our issues but I'm lovin' the Ubuntu!!

tnseditor
August 17th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the team! Hope to see you online at #ubuntu-us-oh.

freelook
August 20th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I live in Mason (just north of Cincinnati)

OrbJinzo
August 27th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Clayton,Ohio Due north of Dayton near Englewood.

lyceum
August 28th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I live in Mason (just north of Cincinnati)

Clayton,Ohio Due north of Dayton near Englewood.

Welcome :)

bnciwebdesign
August 30th, 2008, 03:11 AM
I live in Chillicothe (aka Ohio's First Capital or Stinky on Tuesday and Thursday mornings - Meade Paper plant:-?)

YOU'RE KIDDING?! I live in South Salem! like 30 minutes in Greenfield's direction.

Vorian
August 30th, 2008, 02:29 PM
YOU'RE KIDDING?! I live in South Salem! like 30 minutes in Greenfield's direction. I know right where that is :) (I didn't think they had internets out that way)

bnciwebdesign
September 1st, 2008, 03:40 AM
I know right where that is :) (I didn't think they had internets out that way)

Dialup, or wifi on the corner of Washington and jefferson in Greenfield, but the red light don't last long enough, lol

I am using a crossover cable on my mom's windows desktop. I can connect on my laptop but I ain't receive any packets, got any ideas?

zerhacke
September 1st, 2008, 07:42 PM
I'm assuming you have DHCP set up on the Ubuntu box, right?

Sometimes a simple sudo ifconfig eth0 down ; sudo ifconfig eth0 up solves the problem.

reportingsjr
September 2nd, 2008, 01:34 AM
I'm from Cincinnati, looks like there are a few other from this area too, so that's good!

Vorian
September 2nd, 2008, 02:50 AM
Dialup, or wifi on the corner of Washington and jefferson in Greenfield, but the red light don't last long enough, lol

I am using a crossover cable on my mom's windows desktop. I can connect on my laptop but I ain't receive any packets, got any ideas?

:)

Sounds fun

doas777
September 2nd, 2008, 02:52 AM
Hey! Who Told You Guys I Was In Ohio! ...er... i mean I Am Not In Ohio!

james_vanb
September 2nd, 2008, 03:22 AM
Hey! Who Told You Guys I Was In Ohio! ...er... i mean I Am Not In Ohio!

Good to hear you're in Ohio.....er......I mean sorry to hear you're not in Ohio!

bnciwebdesign
September 7th, 2008, 02:57 AM
I'm assuming you have DHCP set up on the Ubuntu box, right?

Sometimes a simple sudo ifconfig eth0 down ; sudo ifconfig eth0 up solves the problem.

I am not sure you understand, I can hook up fine when I am using the cable to the Windos machine, I want to be able to connected straight to dialup and get a good connection. As of now, I never receive more than 4 packets...

dmsuperman
September 14th, 2008, 12:50 AM
I live about 5 minutes from down town Columbus. I moved from Painesville, which is ~ 35 minutes east of Cleveland.

lyceum
September 15th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I live about 5 minutes from down town Columbus. I moved from Painesville, which is ~ 35 minutes east of Cleveland.

That must be nice if you work down town :)

Welcome!

zerhacke
September 16th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I am not sure you understand, I can hook up fine when I am using the cable to the Windos machine, I want to be able to connected straight to dialup and get a good connection. As of now, I never receive more than 4 packets...
Ah. Good luck then, modems on Linux are a notorious headache generator, unless you're using a serial modem or hardware based modem. If you've got a winmodem, I suggest you give up and buy a real modem. It'll set you back a good bit but it's terribly worth it.

timcredible
September 16th, 2008, 06:41 PM
a serial modem will cost about $10, then there's no problems with using it in linux (assuming you have a pc with a serial port, they're becoming hard to find).

zerhacke
September 17th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Oh yeah, in order to use the modem you get you will likely want to download gnome-ppp, a very good modem frontend utility for Gnome.

StitchJAcket
October 2nd, 2008, 06:50 PM
Just moved about 6 months ago from Toledo to Cincinnati!!

trucker124
October 8th, 2008, 10:06 PM
I am from Minster. Looking to start a Linux user group at Edison Com. college in Piqua!

johnnyxxxcakes
October 13th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Colerain Twp here. I currently go to Colerain High School. :)

tnseditor
October 13th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Welcome everyone!

Salane
October 23rd, 2008, 03:15 AM
Cincinnati

Mason Whitaker
November 3rd, 2008, 05:25 PM
The Oxford area, smack dab in the Miami campus.

J172
November 29th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Columbus is my home. The capitol!!!!!

OH (someome finish it!!)

almigi
November 29th, 2008, 12:53 AM
I just moved to Fairview Park, which is just outside of Cleveland. I've lived in the Cleveland area most of my life.

When I was a kid I lived in Bedford until I was 9, then I lived in Maple Heights until I graduated high school. After serving in the Navy, I came back to Ohio (at first back home in Maple Heights), then I moved to Westlake.

Now (as I stated above), I live in Fairview Park.

lyceum
November 29th, 2008, 01:56 AM
welcome all!

md08
November 30th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Hey everyone, I'm born and raised in Romania. Now i live in Cleveland since June 2008. So I'm new in US and just learning to spell UBUNTU.

jpeddicord
December 1st, 2008, 01:05 AM
columbus is my home. The capitol!!!!!

Oh (someome finish it!!)

-io!

solwic
December 13th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Grew up in Southern Ohio - about an hour south of Columbus, down Rt. 33.

Currently living in Canton, Ohio. :)

tejastrolley
December 14th, 2008, 06:47 AM
I'm from Mount Vernon. It's middle-of-nowhere-ish. About 45 minutes Northeast of Columbus, and right between Mansfield and Newark. It's pretty uneventful here, but I generally like it here.

solwic
December 14th, 2008, 07:13 AM
I'm from Mount Vernon. It's middle-of-nowhere-ish. About 45 minutes Northeast of Columbus, and right between Mansfield and Newark. It's pretty uneventful here, but I generally like it here.

Ah I know your pain. I grew up in a town with less than 2,500 people in it. It gets boring.

But I'll tell you this: the big city can be just as bad. It is what you make of it, my friend. :)

:cool:

dog-soldier
December 20th, 2008, 03:27 PM
i dont live in ohio anymore but use to.
i have lived in:
greenville
springfield
columbus
delaware
grove city
i live in pa(7 years) now and wish i was back in ohio

missbliss
January 9th, 2009, 03:22 AM
North Canton up in here! would love to get in contact with the AK/Canton people. :-)

bradthewanderer
January 16th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I live in Bratenahl Village, Ohio.

solwic
January 17th, 2009, 04:59 PM
North Canton up in here! would love to get in contact with the AK/Canton people. :-)

Canton, here....about five minutes from North Canton. :)

treeclimber
January 17th, 2009, 10:23 PM
I live west of Celina and north of Coldwater. I was surprised to see anybody in my area. I've only ran into one other person in this area who had even heard of Ubuntu.

I have been using Ubuntu for about one and a half years. I started using it to learn more about Linux systems and because I was fed up with MS! I purchased a Dell 1505n with Feisty installed, upgraded to Gutsy with no problems. Then I hit Hardy and my wireless wouldn't work! I went back to Gutsy because I couldn't get any of the workarounds on the forums to work. I tried running Intrepid from the CD and the wireless connection was very iffy. Anyhow, I love Ubuntu!

tnseditor
January 19th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Hooray! Someone from my area! :D

miniweat
January 31st, 2009, 02:22 AM
I'm in Sandusky, I feel a bit silly. I keep getting tied up and forgetting to post here, I haven't been on much but I am getting back into the swing of things now.

TransitMan
February 1st, 2009, 03:30 AM
I'm in Sandusky, I feel a bit silly. I keep getting tied up and forgetting to post here, I haven't been on much but I am getting back into the swing of things now.

I've got relations up there in Sandusky.
Welcome to the group.

:popcorn:
:guitar:

bwpopper
February 20th, 2009, 06:19 AM
I'm in Defiance. I had no idea there was anyone in town who knew anything of Ubuntu. I'm just glad to know I'm not alone here.

dog-soldier
February 20th, 2009, 09:46 PM
i have a cousion that lives in lima. he races at limaland.
i use to go to celina alot to go swimming and fishing.

slacker1965
March 4th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I'm currently located in Hamilton, but have lived in Middletown and Dayton. I'd like to meet other users. Anyway, now I'm going to read through the thread... lol

linuxisevolution
March 4th, 2009, 11:35 PM
i dont live in ohio anymore but use to.
i have lived in:
greenville
springfield
columbus
delaware
grove city
i live in pa(7 years) now and wish i was back in ohio

I like in PA too!:D

joelwhrs
April 15th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I'm about a half an hour from canton and its in middle of nowhere land :( so bad we only have dial-up or satellite internet:(( good to know that there are others into ubuntu to :) adding a few more users myself:)

comp_parter
April 30th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Originally from Jacksonburg.. Ohio's smallest incorporated village, or so the sign says.
Now living in Troy:)

vince33
May 24th, 2009, 02:54 AM
I'm in Dublin, a suburb of Columbus.

MikeeUSA2
May 25th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Aoirthoir: The forum is down :( Email me at mikeeusa yahoo com .

globalenergy
June 3rd, 2009, 02:38 AM
I am from the east side of Cleveland.

erieslabhunter
June 5th, 2009, 03:38 AM
I live in Hancock County (near Findlay), but work in Troy, Dayton and Wapakoneta. New here, but try to think of myself as a quick learner. I think I am here for some crash courses on Thin Clients and Ubuntu as a server publishing desktops and such. Found the website through a few youtube videos.

Derath
June 7th, 2009, 07:38 PM
hi eries, welcome to the loco, it seems I'm not too far from you, living in Huber Heights now

rogueleader12345
June 13th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I'm from West Carrollton, just south of Dayton.

bowens44
June 13th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I am from Ashtabula (I don't live there now but it's home) , just down the raod from the OP.....

justinmiller87
June 13th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I'm from Akron, and while technically I still live there, being in the military has kept me out of Ohio since 2003 except for brief visits.

Cheetah74
June 29th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Canton, Plain Twp to the North Cantonite (you know, the poor North Canton):lolflag:

mathay
August 14th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I'm from Conneaut, Ohio as well but I'm currently living in University Heights, Ohio.

bterminalx
August 28th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Cincinnati, OH here. It's fun at first, but when everyone knows you, they start asking for things like web proxies for school. Meh.

Bios Element
August 30th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Columbus, OH here. And currently I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. ^_^

HostBot
September 15th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I live in Beachwood, Ohio. Beachwood is northeastern and about 20 minutes away from cleveland.

ronnoc
October 13th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Hi all. Just applied to join the group. I am in the Y-Town area. Lake Milton specifically at the moment. Glad to be here!

tnseditor
October 20th, 2009, 07:09 PM
It's nice to have you all here! Welcome to the team.

bradthewanderer
October 22nd, 2009, 04:08 PM
Thank you :)

Reffner
November 5th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Hiya everyone! I'm from the Akron area and am currently attending the U of A. =D

tnseditor
November 6th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Welcome to the team!

sethbaur
November 18th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Hey, I'm Seth from Cincinnati. I've been in the IRC for a little while, but this is my first time visiting the forums.

theerk
December 10th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Hey Seth!
My name is Eric and i am the new Cincy ReLoCo Team Lead.
I'm just getting our group organized, please send me a PM if you would like to be a part of it.

You can also find me on most IMs as incredulouserk

---Eric

Hey, I'm Seth from Cincinnati. I've been in the IRC for a little while, but this is my first time visiting the forums.

theerk
December 10th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Greetings!

My name is Eric and I am the new Cinccinnati ReLoCo Team Lead.
If you would like to take part in our festivities please send me a PM.
I can also be reached on most IMs as incredulouserk

Thanks and have a good day.

The ERK

SunshineKris
January 8th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Hello,

My name is Krystle, currently trying out ubuntu in Cleveland, OH. I am currently attending Everest University Online over in Bradson, FL in the field of IT Computer Science for my Associates. I hope I can help you guys in anyway possible.

admelfo
January 12th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Tallmadge, yo. T-town up! ;)

jmdirc
January 22nd, 2010, 05:43 AM
See there are a few from my old stomping ground, Kettering... hi Ketteringites.

Now I'm living in a small town a stones throw north of Dayton called New Carlisle.

osujc
February 8th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Greetings all, JC here. I work in school technology and I am also a student at OSU. Split my time between Columbus and Mansfield areas!

Primary interest is investigating open source for education settings ...

-JC

aglc2005
February 8th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I'm from Ashtabua/Cincinnati. Home is still Ashtabula, but going to school down in Cincy right now. Names Andrew. Just joined up but looking forward to getting into this a little bit more. I've run Ubuntu since 6.04 on my laptop, with switching to solely Ubuntu at 7.04. Been running 9.04 on my desktop since it's conception and am now running UNR on my netbook. I've been helping out one of the research groups here at UC with getting their machines up with Ubuntu for data crunching.

pkbest87
February 10th, 2010, 04:37 AM
fairborn

woot.. wsu! haha

Dayton here, Riverside aka the Ghetto of Dayton... if you think I'm exaggerating, come over here..

marc480
February 16th, 2010, 06:19 PM
From Brook Park here. This is my second venture into Ubuntu. I like it, though at times it can be overwhelming. I plan on sticking with it this time.

rfbaum
March 7th, 2010, 06:47 PM
I'm from Parma Heights, near Cleveland & work to develop network setups in the medical field

spencer.dupre
March 17th, 2010, 01:41 AM
I hail from good 'ole Ashland! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashland,_Ohio

quickdraw
March 24th, 2010, 10:35 PM
I hail from good 'ole Ashland! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashland,_Ohio

lol I just moved to the Columbus area from Mansfield. Did a stint up there at the Air National Guard base by MANCI.

quickdraw
March 24th, 2010, 10:36 PM
woot.. wsu! haha

Dayton here, Riverside aka the Ghetto of Dayton... if you think I'm exaggerating, come over here..

Stebbins class of 2000 representin'.

And yeah, Riverside is pretty dumpy in most parts. We lived over in Page Manor thanks to Wright-Patt.

Mechafish
April 28th, 2010, 11:49 PM
West Chester, right the middle of Cini and Dayton.

SlidingHorn
May 25th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Hey guys, just signed up on launchpad to be a LoCo Ohio team member earlier today. Not exactly sure what it does, but I'm happy to meet Ubuntu enthusiasts nearby!

I'm from Mentor, but currently living in Painesville (both in Lake county..bout 20 min east of Cleveland).

I look forward to talking with everyone!

dave_man137
June 24th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Columbus near grove city love it and hate it

MCVenom
July 4th, 2010, 01:27 AM
St. Clairsville :P

no2498
July 11th, 2010, 10:02 PM
did not know this existed first time ive seen it hi aLL
columbus south end

an no i did not read who all is in ohio

blues2use
August 23rd, 2010, 03:45 PM
Near Ashville, south of Columbus about 30 minutes...

cid420
September 18th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I am located in Toledo Ohio where the well a dead place lol. i am a sorta of a newb been playing off and on with linux for 15 yrs.. my first linux was a basket case Slackware , exciting days. LOL I remember compiling my first kernel that was a blast took me about 3 mths to figure that i needed to know my system hardware. Yes I was newb then and still am hahah..

Cid420
):P

skeeby
September 28th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Hey all!

Im new to the Ubuntu community and I just joined the Ohio team tonight so I figured Id introduce myself. Im currently living in Centerville, just south of Dayton. Lookin forward to workin with everyone =)

Justin

Myutzy
October 11th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I am located in London Ohio... Sleepy quiet farm town that hasn't changed much in the last 50 years.:KS. London is 20 minutes west of Columbus off I-70W.

Redjetta
November 9th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I'm from Frankfort,OH.

Habitual
November 16th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Youngstown/Boardman.

I started out in Conneaut, but it's a 1 horse town, so I rode it out of there.

Skrapp_Jaw
December 17th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Mansfield. I'm also a student at DeVry in Columbus for Electronics Engineering. I'm loving this snow. Especially since I have one class and it is online. I won't have to drive to Columbus for 2 months. :):popcorn:

Jrgifford
December 30th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I'm in Cleveland OH. I got started using Ubuntu when I got my first computer, a HP Pavilion, and I didn't want to use the Windows XP install that was on there (I picked that old workhorse off the curb - I wasn't about to let a computer go to waste!), so I convinced dad to install Fedora on it. About a year or two later, I got fed up with Fedora and installed Ubuntu 9.04 on it. Since then, I haven't used any other OS as my main OS, and I've helped several people convert from Windows to Ubuntu.

kjamc1982
February 27th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I am from Hamilton, OH it is near Cincinnati. Hoping to be allowed onto the team.

fusky
March 1st, 2011, 08:59 PM
Originally from Buffalo, New york. But residing in Wellington, Ohio right now.

Derath
March 3rd, 2011, 05:49 AM
Welcome to the crowd!

galacticaboy
March 30th, 2011, 01:48 PM
My name is David, I am from Amelia, Ohio. Just about 10 minutes from Downtown Cincinnati! I would love to be a part of the group!

Rifester
March 30th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Columbus, OH - How do we join the mailing list?

jandrusk
June 3rd, 2011, 05:09 AM
I'm in Wickliffe, which is on the east side of Cleveland.

slopoke47
June 27th, 2011, 03:26 AM
London, rural route, Mad(ison) county. Been using Ubuntu for a couple years. Our only system. Other than Ultimate Edition which is based on Ubuntu but not official Ubuntu. Been working with 11.10 on my dual boot. Good to be Ohio. Have a few Linux users in our small town.

slopoke47
June 27th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Hey, fancy seeing you here Rifester!

Rifester
June 27th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Slopoke my friend! How the hell are ya?

slopoke47
June 27th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Slopoke my friend! How the hell are ya? If I was any better I'd be dead. LOL..That winter about got me. Hanging out in our camper gettin ready to travel some. I guess though DSL this is mobile computing. Waitin on 3.0!:confused:

slopoke47
June 27th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Columbus, OH - How do we join the mailing list?If you haven't found it yet it's at https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-us-ohio Gotta get or have Launchpad acct of course. peace

jasonrisenburg
August 8th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Im here in Fremont Ohio. Is anyone esle out here from this area?

MiniT
August 27th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Hello all yall Flatlanders!
When in Ohio, I visit with family and friends in
Amelia, Cincinnati, Delaware, and Strongsville/Cleveland.

Currently in the great city of Pittsburgh!

I have noticed that this LoCo is a bit quiet. No posts after about 2008 other than this forum?
Well that's the great thing about the internet. We can share with whoever wherever.

Peace yall, and hope you find what you're lookin' fur.

miniT:P

Barn35
August 31st, 2011, 03:22 PM
Hi all! new member from Zanesville. 50 miles east of Columbus.:P

qtat43
October 23rd, 2011, 02:00 PM
akron area

ckearns
January 6th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Southeast Ohio here. Just a tid bit north of Marietta.

Therion87
March 3rd, 2012, 03:14 PM
Hey guys. I'm from Youngstown. I really love Linux and am looking forward to getting into the Ohio LoCos and ReLoCos.

jasonsword
April 8th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I'm from Norwalk, Ohio not far fromn Sandusky, Ohio where Cedar Point is located.

levlaz
July 31st, 2012, 02:58 AM
Hey everyone! I recently moved back to Cincinnati after serving in the Navy for five years.

Glad to see there is an active LoCo! hope to meet some of you soon!

Best,

Lev

vexxecon
November 26th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Howdy! I'm from Montpelier, with my closest ReLoCo being Toledo!

LuciferRex
November 27th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I live in Dayton! Work in Eastgate :/

skellat
November 28th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Howdy! I'm from Montpelier, with my closest ReLoCo being Toledo!

Welcome! Make sure you register on Launchpad then visit http://ohio.ubuntu-us.org to log in so you can add a pin to our map showing where you are, generally speaking, compared to everybody else who added pins.

skellat
November 28th, 2012, 05:27 AM
I live in Dayton! Work in Eastgate :/

Welcome! Make sure you register on Launchpad then visit http://ohio.ubuntu-us.org to log in so you can add a pin to our map showing where you are, generally speaking, compared to everybody else who added pins. This helps us visualize where our far-flung flock of users is spread out.

bretamoore
December 6th, 2012, 02:45 AM
I am from Bowling Green, roughly 25 miles south of Toledo.

EdPflager
June 6th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Greetings from NW Ohio. I'm in the Toledo area about 3 miles from the Michigan state line.

slacker1965
June 6th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Okay, I now live in Denver, but I lack sufficient posts to change that tidbit in my profile... :-(

ronnoc
October 18th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Hello from beautiful Lake Milton, Ohio. Squarely between Youngstown and Akron. I am a Kubuntu / Ubuntu advocate and run the BlueMintLinux.com website. My Launchpad page can be found here (https://launchpad.net/~ronnoc). Cheers to all! :)

cid420
November 5th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Hello everybody, I live in Maumee OH. few miles from Bowling Green OH, 4 to 5 miles from Toledo OH.