PDA

View Full Version : T-shirts: black or brown?

Jenda
November 23rd, 2006, 09:54 PM
Related poll for this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=303557

Please help me decide if we want the original white-on-black design, or if we choose the brown on beige design. The company I'm in contact with offers the attached options.

One comment: the black ones offer a lot more choice in t-shirt types, collar types and include girl-cut ones too. See linked thread.

Engnome
November 23rd, 2006, 10:08 PM
White.

But black is okay to. (voted black)

taurus
November 23rd, 2006, 10:11 PM
White on black and I like if you only have the logo on it... Will take two, please... ;)

Jenda
November 23rd, 2006, 10:13 PM
Please read the linked thread, or at least the first post :)

x64Jimbo
November 23rd, 2006, 10:13 PM
Color is insignificant. Collar type is very significant. PLEASE no v-necks. Ugh.

Circus-Killer
November 23rd, 2006, 10:17 PM
i'de like to see the normal color circle-of-friends or whatever its called, printed on that browny (edgy colored :D) shirt.

if thats not possible, then i'de go for a black circle-of-friends on the edgy-colored shirt.

just my opinion.

RAV TUX
November 23rd, 2006, 10:33 PM
voted Black (white on black)....black is a classic color that can worn with anything.

to4i
November 23rd, 2006, 10:49 PM
Brown will look better, voted brown

Jenda
November 23rd, 2006, 10:50 PM
Circus, please see the other thread. I linked to something that might be of interest.

petersjm
November 23rd, 2006, 10:53 PM
Oh, it has to be brown. I suit brown. Black makes me look like a freak ;)

Jenda
November 25th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Edited original post... to show why I vote BLACK.

matthew
November 25th, 2006, 01:40 PM
I voted brown, but honestly I will buy either.

IYY
November 25th, 2006, 09:38 PM
I chose both. If both choices are available, I'd randomly pick one.

Jenda
November 25th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Black is a lot more available, really. I could offer several types that way.

matthew
November 25th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Black is a lot more available, really. I could offer several types that way.Hmm. Okay with me. Let's do black and if there's a great response and a reprint is called for maybe we can add the (great looking) brown or beige later. Just a thought.

BWF89
November 25th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Brown on beige looks cooler. Plus it matches with Ubuntu's default color scheme.

cantormath
November 25th, 2006, 10:55 PM
I ment to vote brown not black ::grin::

56phil
November 25th, 2006, 11:03 PM
I voted for black, bit I'd be proud to wear either one.;)

kuja
November 26th, 2006, 12:53 AM
People couldn't pay me to wear brown. Ever. I wouldn't mind a blue on black variant though ;)

Jenda
November 26th, 2006, 01:24 AM
kuja, we wouldn't try ;)

mikm
November 27th, 2006, 11:50 PM
I'm rather indifferent and would happily buy either.

xopher
November 28th, 2006, 12:05 AM
I voted brown -- should have read the post through before I did though.

Id very much like a 'tighter' more chic version of the T-shirt, not a loose geeky one (no offense intended) :)

A black or graphite grey would be nice if the brown only comes in that plain basic model.

Just my 2 cents, gone the wrong way. heh..

lotusleaf
November 28th, 2006, 01:18 AM
voted Black (white on black)....black is a classic color that can worn with anything.

Agreed, I voted the same :)

ekuliak
November 28th, 2006, 03:27 AM
Color is insignificant. Collar type is very significant. PLEASE no v-necks. Ugh.

I agree, I would buy either as long as it is not a v-neck.

Jenda
November 28th, 2006, 09:33 AM
What's so wrong with v-necks?

sophtpaw
November 28th, 2006, 10:34 AM
I want V-neck please. It's more chic and suits my body type anyway.

As for the brown vs black question. I voted brown but dayam black looks good too!

Does it have to be one or the other? Lets have both! yea!!!

I'll have one of each thx :D

Jenda
November 28th, 2006, 10:42 AM
I'm sorry, but it seems I can't do both, unless I do 200 pieces. How about I do black first, and if it all sells out within two months, do brown?

Jenda
November 28th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Oh, and I'd aim at having both v-neck and round neck available. The v-necks are higher quality shirts, too.

ekuliak
November 29th, 2006, 02:19 AM
I have a hairy chest. ^_^

That, and I prefer round neck shirts :cool:

x64Jimbo
November 29th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Nothing, providing that you have figured out how to travel through time, and consequently spend most of your time in the 1970's.

Jenda
November 29th, 2006, 12:19 PM
x64Jimbo, I don't think your sense of fashion is valid throughout the world :) V-neck looks more chic to me... but if we get BLACK, there's no problem in getting both types.

ekuliak
November 30th, 2006, 04:47 AM
x64Jimbo, I don't think your sense of fashion is valid throughout the world :) V-neck looks more chic to me... but if we get BLACK, there's no problem in getting both types.

But some of us aren't chics. (That was a lame attempt at humor... I appologize. :-D )

Well then,:-k, I say that's one more reason to go with Black (at least this time around).

Polygon
November 30th, 2006, 06:36 AM
i prefer brown on beige, but since the choices are limited for that t shirt color, i voted white on black.

Jenda
November 30th, 2006, 09:01 AM
That's more my type of thinking ツ

x64Jimbo
November 30th, 2006, 09:23 AM
If I want to look chic, I'll wear slacks and a button-up. T-shirts are for casual time, IMHO.

chaosgeisterchen
November 30th, 2006, 09:42 AM
The brown/beige mixture is so awesome. It relly reflects what Ubuntu is all about, concerning colors. I do very much like it so I would be happy if it would win the poll and therefore be offered as soon as possible.

Regardless of which of those will be voted for being sold, I am grateful towards the organisator of this whole movement. You have my utmost truly thanks, spread Ubuntu over the world!

Jenda
November 30th, 2006, 12:53 PM

I'll do my best to find a decent offer of brown or beige shirts.

Gargamella
November 30th, 2006, 02:10 PM
brown is awesome

Brunellus
November 30th, 2006, 03:44 PM
brown. black t-shirts are uncomfortable.

xopher
November 30th, 2006, 04:24 PM
brown. black t-shirts are uncomfortable.

What makes a black t-shirt uncomfortable? :D Is the material somehow inferior to the brown one? ;)

Anyway, I really hope this will work out nicely, and I hope you're shipping to Finland :)

Brunellus
November 30th, 2006, 04:30 PM
What makes a black t-shirt uncomfortable? :D Is the material somehow inferior to the brown one? ;)

Anyway, I really hope this will work out nicely, and I hope you're shipping to Finland :)
they absorb more radiative heat than they reflect, and so wearing a black shirt in the sunshine isn't much fun (for me).

matthew
November 30th, 2006, 04:33 PM
brown. black t-shirts are uncomfortable.LOL. I have at least 6 black t-shirts. I always thought it was because I must have a morbid subconscious fascination with death. Either that or it's just very slimming and I need the help.

hotbrainz
November 30th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Black is the best...goes with anything, any mood..suits thin and not so thin ppl alike. Radiation is least of worries in Uk ( LOL)

Brunellus
November 30th, 2006, 04:39 PM
LOL. I have at least 6 black t-shirts. I always thought it was because I must have a morbid subconscious fascination with death. Either that or it's just very slimming and I need the help.
Add this to my "reasons why Brunellus isn't a real geek" then. I only have a handful of black shirts--two? three?--and don't wear them much. Grey, yes, but not black.

matthew
November 30th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Add this to my "reasons why Brunellus isn't a real geek" then. I only have a handful of black shirts--two? three?--and don't wear them much. Grey, yes, but not black.Geeks wear grey. They think it goes with everything. ;)

kuja
November 30th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Wait, you mean shirts come in a color other than black? :-s

xopher
November 30th, 2006, 05:54 PM
they absorb more radiative heat than they reflect, and so wearing a black shirt in the sunshine isn't much fun (for me).

Maybe not in the sun no. :) From my point of view - black would keep me warmer in the 'hot' summer day(s) we get here in Finland ;)

Anyway, Im still in favor of the brown one!

Jenda
December 6th, 2006, 02:22 PM
I'm looking around for brown t-shirts...

Jenda
December 6th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Oh, and BTW - what do you think about quality/price? Should I go for lower end shirts, or stuff that you'll actually want to wear? :)

matthew
December 6th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Oh, and BTW - what do you think about quality/price? Should I go for lower end shirts, or stuff that you'll actually want to wear? :)I would prefer higher quality.

A2Bacon
May 5th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Are we going to be able to buy both the brown and the black shirts?
So, Canonical's trademark is we can only use monochrome logos of Ubuntu for goods? I've seen other shirts for sell with the full color logo..?
What about some Kubuntu shirts? You know more people would want to wear those.. :p

RAV TUX
May 5th, 2007, 08:54 PM
I would prefer a army-like green :)

Jenda
May 5th, 2007, 09:11 PM
A2, I've never made these shirts. However, Julius Bloch of Ubuntu Germany has some nice navy blue ones.
Canonical's trademark _tolerates_ monochrome. Full color is better.
There isn't enough demand for Kubuntu just yet ;)

diskotek
May 5th, 2007, 09:11 PM
brownish seem cute...

A2Bacon
May 5th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Why didn't you make them?
I think you should try to get this shirt project going again, especially with the ever growing amount of new users.
You know people are going to want a Ubuntu shirt to go with their new Dubuntu computer...

Jenda
May 5th, 2007, 11:26 PM
I didn't make them because I didn't want to compete with the german team making shirts.
If they won't keep up with the demand, I'll get back into it later ;)

A2Bacon
May 5th, 2007, 11:44 PM
It's not competing, it's diversifying from having just a navy blue Ubuntu shirt.. :)

Jenda
May 6th, 2007, 07:16 AM
well, we'll see what happens ;) I can't do them right now, but might see to them over the summer.

OrangeCrate
May 6th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Brown preferably, since it'll blend with the dark orange of my Fat Boy. Wearing that T will blow people's minds.

macogw
May 7th, 2007, 01:09 AM
White.

But black is okay to. (voted black)

There's already white ones on the cafepress store.