PDA

View Full Version : Shift or Caps Lock?

BWF89
November 23rd, 2006, 03:26 PM
When you go to capitalize a letter do you hold down shift+letter or hit the caps lock?

I always found it faster and less awkward to just use caps lock instead of holding down shift.

Pathfinder_
November 23rd, 2006, 03:35 PM
I use shift because once I release it the letters go back to normal while if I use caps lock I have to press caps lock again. IMHO shift is faster

Wolki
November 23rd, 2006, 04:02 PM
Shift. I set caps lock to be another ctrl key.

frrobert
November 23rd, 2006, 04:09 PM
I didn't vote because sticky keys wasn't an option. I have partial use of my right hand so I type one handed with my left hand, so I use sticky keys.

beercz
November 23rd, 2006, 05:22 PM
Why the poll?

(I voted both btw)

Dual Cortex
November 23rd, 2006, 05:32 PM
I got used to caps lock... should try to switch to Shift as it seems to be more effective.

Klaidas
November 23rd, 2006, 06:18 PM
SHIFT. BECAUSE, IT'S NOT LIKE I WRITE ALL IN CAPS.

No, wait...

earobinson
November 23rd, 2006, 06:32 PM
Wait so you do <caps><letter><caps><rest of the word> instead of <shift + caps><rest of the word> ... and for charters like well ">" then you have to use the shift, so if your used to the shift for them cant you get used to the shift for all of them?

Sam
November 24th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Shift, otherwise caps lock if I type more than 10 uppercase characters.

grte
November 24th, 2006, 07:02 AM
I guess technically both, but I only ever use caps lock if I have a long string of characters that I want capitalized. Which is almost never.

Beamerboy
November 24th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I use shift for a single or few capitalized characters, and use caps lock for long capitalized strings. Why? Because I can type :mrgreen:

kopilo
November 24th, 2006, 03:51 PM
I'm working on disabling caps lock on my computer so people can't use it for "CAPS LOCK OF DOOM" type of messeges.

RisingFalcon
March 8th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I Have a Bad Practice Of Using Caps Lock Keys.And now I fear I couldnt learn using Shift x(

aaaantoine
March 8th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Shift. In fact, I almost always use left shift insted of right shift, the exception being when I need to hit a capital A, Z or Q. But even then I sometimes use left shift anyway.

(IF I EVER NEED TO TYPE ALL CAPS, I FIND THAT I OFTEN JUST HOLD DOWN LEFT SHIFT AND TYPE WITH NO REAL SPEED LOSS. Though if you press caps lock, you don't have to remember to release shift for common punctuation. But then again, what are you doing typing in all caps anyway, ya bum?)

aeiah
March 8th, 2011, 04:55 PM
shift, unless i have to type loads in caps. i think most people i know would do <caps>H</caps>ello instead of just (<shift>+H)ello, which i find very strange.

aeiah
March 8th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I almost always use left shift insted of right shift, the exception being when I need to hit a capital A, Z or Q. But even then I sometimes use left shift anyway.

i always use left shift, unless im typing a lot in caps. little finger on the right shift seems better FOR THAT SORT OF THING

aaaantoine
March 8th, 2011, 05:08 PM
i always use left shift, unless im typing a lot in caps. little finger on the right shift seems better FOR THAT SORT OF THING

This is true. Then the only letter you have to shift your finger for is P, instead of Q, A, Z.

Old habits, and so forth.