PDA

View Full Version : Novell, Microsoft, Truth

cjnkns
November 22nd, 2006, 02:41 AM
I notice there is a ton if information floating around these days
(and rightly so) about the MS/Novell deal.
What does this actually mean? Many of the threads here state that nothing will come of it. (which I hope is the case)
I have read that Ballmer is already saying the Linux infringes on their property. So to me this just sounds like the MS battle cry and call to arms for the lawyers to come swooping down.

Here is to seriously hoping that the GPL is amended or moves are taken on the part of FOSS in order to protect against this type of bullying and FUD.

I understand capitalism and wanting to make a buck, but this is just beyond all reason. I was under the impression that we have laws against this type of garbage, but I guess if you have enough $$ anything is possible!

On a side note:
From now on I will do whatever it takes to move to a MS free environment. (hopefully not get sued in the process)

Dual Cortex
November 22nd, 2006, 02:43 AM
Oh, btw, about the IP issue :
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/nov06/11-20Statement.mspx

tribaal
November 22nd, 2006, 02:54 AM
I'll take thoses claims seriously whenever they (microsoft) will provide a list of patents linux infringes on. Since then, it's just another SCO case. FUD.

Ah well, makes me want to delete my wintendows partition... Just to be FUD-free.

- trib'

Sam
November 22nd, 2006, 03:33 AM
Ah well, makes me want to delete my wintendows partition... Just to be FUD-free.

Done here (in fact it has crashed and I cannot boot anymore on windows).