PDA

View Full Version : Macy's Day Parade

Polygon
November 21st, 2006, 06:23 AM
You know those bands that preform in the Macy's day parde on thanksgiving day?

Im going to be in one of them

Tommrow in going to take a bus with the rest of my band after school and go to phoenix AZ and then from there take various flights to New York, where we (the Catalina Foothills High School Band) will be preforming and marching in the Macy's thanksgiving day parade (http://www.macys.com/campaign/parade/bands.jsp - hover over the star that is like over new mexico... lol)

Hopefully we will be on tv (band director already made it very clear that if we screw up or **** the NBC guys off to much they will cut our TV time) And its gonna be cold... the low today in new york was like 40 degrees f, and living in arizona we are used to temps around 70-100 degrees f. We will also be on the today show (the part where they show the crowd outside) the day after the parade :D

So if you happen to be watching the parade, and see the Catalina Foothills band, just think that there is one very cold and tired ubuntu user marching in that band! :cool:

steven8
November 21st, 2006, 06:30 AM
Hey! Congratulations and good luck!! May you have a safe journey!!

I see on that map there is a local band from my area going to be there. Strongsville, OH. That about 40 minutes from where I live!!

I'll watch for you on TV!

banjobacon
November 21st, 2006, 07:40 AM
Congratulations, but it's Thanksgiving Day, not Macy's Day.