PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* Back to Linux on my old computer

Albi
November 21st, 2006, 02:35 AM
Win2k was working just fine, I even removed explorer and stuff with a hack so it would run faster and disabled javascript and prompt for cookes in my browser and installed Peerguardian because an AV would slow it down too much, but it turns out it SOMEHOW got infested with a Trojan, so my safety precautions weren't enough. There's also these random programs I don't remember being there and they look sketchy. I guess using Linux has made me feel too secure using Windows, oh well good ole ubuntu server install with fluxbox should do the trick.

Btw it says no bashing in the Windows area, so I'm not sure where this is supposed to go o.o, and I see so many fed up with linux threads might as well have the reverse

darkhatter
November 21st, 2006, 02:38 AM
I just installed vista RC 2 and I'm looking forward to OpenSuse 10.2rc and the new ubuntu, Its so confusing

adamkane
November 21st, 2006, 02:41 AM
Windows infestations are a nightmare. My non-IT co-workers, family and friends are always getting into trouble.

"Now this is Firefox. Firefox is your friend. Don't open that email!"

darkhatter
November 21st, 2006, 02:42 AM
firefox helps, but it isn't perfect.

Albi
November 21st, 2006, 02:45 AM
firefox helps, but it isn't perfect.

Yeah, I REMOVED EXPLORER.EXE COMPLETELY from the system (I couldnt set a backgrounda nymore), disabled javascript, and a still got a trojan wtf

adamkane
November 21st, 2006, 02:54 AM
It seems to happen, if you have any kind of server running.

glotz
November 21st, 2006, 03:27 AM
firefox helps, but it isn't perfect.Firefox is perfect but there are other avenues.