PDA

View Full Version : New ubuntu user :)

Busch
November 21st, 2006, 01:31 AM
Hey, I have recently moved to ubuntu! and ubuntu rules IMO!!! everything actually does work so far. and thats saying something :) no more configuring files all the time when i wanted to do something new (like in slackware), more freedom than alot of other linux desktops that are supposed to "just work" and... well dont even get me started on windows lol :P. But yea I am very impressed so far with it. being in school and all I have no time to fiddle around with linux, and yet again windows always screws me over. But ubuntu is pleasing me so far :) other than the install proccess which was a B*tch at first :P

Anyways just thought you like to know one more person has came to ubuntu :)

beercz
November 21st, 2006, 01:35 AM
Welcome aboard!!

If you need help, just ask, the Ubuntu community is always willing to help.

Happy 'Ubuntuing' :-)

speeddemon8803
November 21st, 2006, 01:37 AM
welcome aboard mate! Need help just swim back and throw us a line! We are here 24/7 365 including holidays!

LLRNR
November 21st, 2006, 01:37 AM
Hi Busch and welcome ! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay. (BTW I love the way you feel 'bout ******* hehehe)

Whenever you need help, just ask and people will try to help :)

Stew2
November 21st, 2006, 01:41 AM
:D It is a great distro isn't it? Happy Ubuntuing! :D

Regards,
Stew2

Busch
November 21st, 2006, 01:54 AM
zomg. i just installed the nvidia driver for ubuntu without even looking at the xorg file :eek: now to get some games :)

Busch
November 21st, 2006, 02:19 AM
I am also liking the Gnome desktop manager alot. slackware didn't have gnome as an option unless you use the really really old version.. slackware kind of forces you to use KDE lol :)

fuscia
November 21st, 2006, 02:27 AM
it's like moving up to wet wipes from a hand full of leaves.

viper
November 21st, 2006, 02:34 AM

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: nearly fell off my seat !!!

Busch
November 21st, 2006, 04:04 AM

LOL!!! yet so true ;P

adam.tropics
November 21st, 2006, 10:12 AM

Note to self: never read Fuscia's posts in a public library....Just got a deafening sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh having literally lol !