PDA

View Full Version : Allegro

tim sedge
November 20th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Could you please give me some feedback about Allegro?

Please don't just come back saying run away! I would like criticism that would help influence some decisions that I have to make.

Or praise if you think that it is the wheel re-invented.

You may have had some good experiences or bad but I would like to here some of them please.

Sslaxx
November 20th, 2006, 09:09 PM
I think you may have posted this in the wrong area? If it's the graphics/sound/input library aka Allegro (http://www.allegro.cc/) than perhaps the programming section (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39) would've been more appropriate. Same if you meant Allegro Lisp? Or is this another Allegro?

tim sedge
November 20th, 2006, 09:31 PM
I just thought I would start a chat about the allegro package as it is an issue that I am faced with. I have not used this forum before and I am always up for advice.

So if anyone has any views please let me know and I will go and place the same point on the other lead. Thank You.

tim sedge
November 20th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Could I get some feedback on Allegro please. I am faced with Allegro as an option and I would like to know how other people have found it?

Good or bad, I would just like to know what others think about it please.

coder_
November 20th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Allegro as in the crossplatform graphics library?

[Oops, didn't mean to double post XD Could have sworn they were different threads!]

coder_
November 21st, 2006, 12:15 AM
Which allegro? :P
- Allegro game programming library?
- Allegro Common Lisp?

If you mean Allegro, the game programming library, I definetly recommend it. I used it for quite a while. Try reading Game Programming All in One (A very good book) for more info on coding games in Allegro in Linux, Mac, and Windows (It's crossplatform). If you mean Allegro Common Lisp, I have no clue how it is :)

[Oops, didn't mean to double post XD Could have sworn they were different threads!]

tim sedge
November 21st, 2006, 01:16 AM
Thank You.

I am trying to get feed back about Common lisp but the gaming side is of interest for later.

zorkerz
January 9th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I just installed allegro common lisp but am unsure how to start using it. What command should I enter in a terminal or is there some other way? Hope someone still looks at this thread.