PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Singapore Ubuntu Users

kelvinq
April 28th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for Singapore Ubuntu Users, meaning people who have installed and are using Ubuntu living in Singapore.

Won't it be great that we have a gathering and talk? Maybe just chit-chat about Ubuntu, but there are *greater* things in life to talk about too. :)

Most importantly, I was thinking about putting our knowledge about Ubuntu to greater use, besides just powering our old machines. Something like putting it to do some community work, parallel to Ubuntu's philosophy.

You don't have to be a wizard and know a dozen programming languages, you just need to know how to install Ubuntu and abit of troubleshooting (something that you ought to have, else why are you here?). The crucial part that you must be willing to spend abit of time and hardwork to gather resources to help the less fortunate.

I don't have a very clear plan of what's going to happen, I need to meet up with you guys so that we could work it out together. It might not be very realistic, but I hope that it would spark off other projects going in the same direction.

Tell me what you guys think, especially those who are Singaporeans. :)

If you don't find it comfortable to post up here, you can drop me an email at k-q@gmx.net

Thanks. :)

Singapore_Sling
October 12th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Hey KelvinQ

Sounds like a plan. I'm relatively new to ubuntu but have been working in the IT industry for about 7 years now.

If you don't mind an ang moh joining your gang then send me an email. Ok lah?

Steady

kelvinq
October 12th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Great, finally we've one more on the list.
I'll be compiling a list of people who are interested.

Do you have anything in mind to do? I'm.... also pretty new to Ubuntu even though I've been using it as a primary desktop in the last 6 months.

Do you use any IM?
gTalk: kelvinq@gmail.com
msn: k-q@gmx.net

rykel
January 27th, 2006, 03:35 PM
hey kelvin,

i didn't see ur thread, but i am ur fellow singaporean, and a fairly active ubuntu user... do a search on "rykel" and u'll know wat i mean, hehe...

anywae, i just went for the mark shuttleworth meeting 2 days ago at smu, but not sure if u were there too...

anywae, if u need anything, i can be contacted on google talk also at "rykel98".

ciao~~!!

=;

jixun
October 11th, 2006, 04:02 PM
There is now a mailing list for Ubuntu users in Singapore:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-sg