PDA

View Full Version : Another forum with some Ubuntu info

jhenager
November 16th, 2006, 08:16 PM
I hope this is taken in the right spirit - not trying to divert people away from this forum, which I think is great, and probably should remain the primary forum for Ubuntu users, because that is its primary focus, but if you are unable to find an answer here, it wouldn't hurt to look at https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/forumdisplay.php?f=63
Maybe someone there has had the same issue and found/posted the solution.
After reading a couple of threads about zero reply posts, I thought some people could use all the resources they could find. Thanks.

earobinson
November 16th, 2006, 08:21 PM
You should be able to edit the title on your own by clicking edit then advance. Also I have msged the mods to move this thread reason: Thread should be moved as it is not a support request.

jhenager
November 16th, 2006, 08:23 PM
You should be able to edit the title on your own by clicking edit then advance. Also I have msged the mods to move this thread reason: Thread should be moved as it is not a support request.

Thanks. I didn't know about the advanced button.
Moving it is fine. Just trying to share information.

Technoviking
November 16th, 2006, 08:26 PM
It is fine to share with people on other locations to get support and advice on Ubuntu. I hope a post was made on www.linuxquestions.org telling people about our great forum here :).

Mike

jhenager
December 21st, 2006, 09:49 PM
It is fine to share with people on other locations to get support and advice on Ubuntu. I hope a post was made on www.linuxquestions.org telling people about our great forum here :).

Mike

You know - I thought I did, but I couldn't find it, so I just created another thread pointing people here, just to stop by and look around if nothing else.

aysiu
December 21st, 2006, 10:06 PM
I'm not tryin to bash LinuxQuestions--in fact, I participate there, as well as in Linux Forums and Kubuntu Forums--but it's highly unlikely that if your Ubuntu-related question isn't answered here that it would be answered there.

There's not that much activity in the Ubuntu subforums of the LinuxQuestions forum, and a lot of the people who try to help in that area aren't Ubuntu users, so they'll give you the wrong fixes for things or forget you use sudo instead of root.

Sure, anything's worth a shot, but I just wanted to put in my two cents--don't hope for much in the Ubuntu part of LinuxQuestions if people here can't help you.