PDA

View Full Version : You voted.... RIGHT??????

oddabe19
November 2nd, 2004, 06:25 PM
You voted... Right????

I didn't cause my state is dumb and wouldn't send me an absentee ballot (*cough*Delaware*cough*) But i tried to.

jeremy
November 2nd, 2004, 06:35 PM
Sue them, demand the vote that is your right!

Cygnia
November 2nd, 2004, 06:47 PM
If you're living in PA you should have registered there, even if you're only there temporarily. Delaware is safe for Kerry but PA's a swing state. You could have had a much greater effect on the outcome.

oddabe19
November 2nd, 2004, 06:51 PM
actually, I'm a Bush supporter, and I couldn't register in PA... I'm not a resident, yet, I just moved.

I should sue their asses.... good idea.

Anyway... everyone else voted... right?

im_ka
November 2nd, 2004, 07:01 PM
actually, I'm a Bush supporter, and I couldn't register in PA... I'm not a resident, yet, I just moved.

I should sue their asses.... good idea.

Anyway... everyone else voted... right?

isn't voting for bush against the ubuntu philosophy? :)

oddabe19
November 2nd, 2004, 07:23 PM
:-P

also, lets get back on topic and not make this a bush or kerry bashing thread. =;

YOU voted... right?

jeremy
November 2nd, 2004, 07:37 PM
I didn't, I am a Spanish citizen, and although the outcome of the US elections will undoubtably have a tremendous impact on my and my childrens lives, I am disenfranchised.

As for bashing people, whatever they may have done, bashing them is not right. Hauling Bush (along with several others) before the international court of human rights, would be correct.

jwb
November 2nd, 2004, 07:56 PM
Yes, I voted. Waited in line 2 hours, but I voted.

Voted my values.

jdodson
November 2nd, 2004, 09:24 PM
Yes, I voted. Waited in line 2 hours, but I voted.

Voted my values.

i voted, in Oregon we have mail in ballots, so I voted last saturday and mailed it in. \\:D/

jwb
November 2nd, 2004, 09:40 PM
i voted, in Oregon we have mail in ballots, so I voted last saturday and mailed it in. \\:D/

I thought about doing that, but since my company let me go during work time..... I got to go vote AND get paid.

Of course, if I woulda voted early, I could've stayed home for 2 hours and *said* I voted and just mugged someone for their "I voted" sticker.....

Is that what they mean by "voter fraud"? I get confused. Maybe that's where you try to vote dressed up as a Jedi or sumfin........

Why do I always think of these things too late? ;-)

Jspired
November 2nd, 2004, 09:42 PM
Waited in line for 3+ hours, but yes, I have voted.

normnmiles
November 2nd, 2004, 10:02 PM
I voted this morning on my way to work. It took an excruciating 8 minutes from the time I entered until I was done voting :P

cerulean coil
November 3rd, 2004, 02:03 AM
I'm British, but I hope everyone who could vote, did.

This election affects the whole world, so the more voters the better.

mark
November 3rd, 2004, 02:49 AM
Yes, I did. I'm a "permanent absentee voter" (they do things like this in California), but I agonized and procrastinated so long I had to physically drop my ballot at my precinct's polling place. Oh, well...

Seriously, exercising the privilege of franchise is one of the (too) few meaningful ways to make a difference. And if you consider it a "right" and not a "privilege", think of all of the areas in the world where it's not even an option ...

Enough of my soapbox. As they used to say in Chicago, "Please remember to vote early...and often!" <g>

adbak
November 3rd, 2004, 03:39 AM
Yes, I voted.
My first time too. I hope it leaves me with a good president for the next few years so that I'll have Social Security when I retire.

normnmiles
November 3rd, 2004, 06:06 AM
As they used to say in Chicago, "Please remember to vote early...and often!" <g>

LOL...I'm from the Chicagoland area and that's too funny. Don't forget about the *really* old voters...who's current addresses are suspiciously located in cemetery ;)

HungSquirrel
November 3rd, 2004, 06:26 AM
My precinct is one hour away from my college and my car died yesterday. No, I didn't get to waste my vote. :(

FLeiXiuS
November 3rd, 2004, 06:36 AM
I'm to young to vote, yes I know whats your thinking...How old are you Mr. FLeiXiuS. Its consiquently so that I am 16 years old.

If I could of voted, I would've went Bush all of the way. (Yes I do know the political factors, don't start politics with me ) [-X

:-)

userX
November 3rd, 2004, 07:22 AM
I live in Canada, and I'm watching the election results in horror, Bush looks like he's ahead. Wtf?

I side with the spanish guy, Bush should be dragger infront of the human rights courts.

But I do agree, voting is important, I voted when the elections were here, but the party I voted for didn't kill thousands of innocent people in a country half way around the world. And, didn't cause the deaths of more than a thousand soilders in my army to line their pocket books. For some reason the american elections mean more....hmmm, wonder why?

Go vote!

daniels
November 3rd, 2004, 10:25 AM
Yes, I voted on Oct 9th.

cacofonix
November 3rd, 2004, 11:24 AM
Yes, I voted on Oct 9th.

Good to hear :D are you a duel citizen daniels?

daniels
November 3rd, 2004, 04:43 PM
Good to hear :D are you a duel citizen daniels?

No -- the only elections I've voted in this year were the Australian elections, on Oct 9th.

cacofonix
November 3rd, 2004, 04:45 PM
No -- the only elections I've voted in this year were the Australian elections, on Oct 9th.

I totally forgot about our elections :roll: #-o

jeremy
November 3rd, 2004, 07:48 PM
If I could of voted, I would've went Bush all of the way. (Yes I do know the political factors, don't start politics with me ) [-X
I find it offensive that you state your political preferences, then, waving an admonishing finger, say, "Don't start politics with me".

jwb
November 3rd, 2004, 08:42 PM
I find it offensive that you state your political preferences, then, waving an admonishing finger, say, "Don't start politics with me".

Baiting......

Would you have posted the exact same message if he'd have said "Kerry" instead of "Bush"?

FLeiXiuS
November 4th, 2004, 03:08 AM

Offensive? How so? I just stated my opinion in general. Didn't go into depth, thats what my statement 'don't start politics with me' refers to. Its simply that I don't want to go in detail with others on my personal oppinions. Plus its not fun to argue over ones morals.

jeremy
November 4th, 2004, 07:05 AM
First, I probably would have said the same thing if he'd have said "Kerry" instead of "Bush".
Second, if one states ones "general" opinion, one should be prepared to back it up, discuss it, whatever.