PDA

View Full Version : Linux t-shirt and merchandising

Gargamella
November 15th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Hi all, i would like to know what do you think about linux merchandising (T-shirts,buttons,stikers....) and if you ever bought something.

I think it is important to spread linux everywhere in the world,and would make people curious about linux,what about you?

GeneralZod
November 15th, 2006, 07:29 PM
I went on a merchandise binge a while back, and bought:

- A whole bunch of case badges
- About 10 squishy Tux's for my friends (these are seriously awesome :))
- 2 Tux Lighters (each a different model)
- Tux Business card holder
- Tux keyring
- Tux pin
- Tux badge
- Tux cufflinks
- Silk Tux tie!

which is frightfully geeky, now that I come to think of it :redface:, but oh well :)

At some point, I'll go on a KDE-merchandise binge, but most of the sellers seem to be located in Germany with German websites :(

Gargamella
November 15th, 2006, 08:21 PM
I went on a merchandise binge a while back, and bought:

- About 10 squishy Tux's for my friends (these are seriously awesome :))

what is it? ;D

GeneralZod
November 15th, 2006, 08:31 PM
what is it? ;D

You can find pictures in this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230050608000&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

Everyone I've shown one to has wanted one, whether they use Linux or not ;)

Anonii
November 15th, 2006, 08:36 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230050608000&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

Kawaii-desu!!111

I never had the chance to buy linux merchandise; simply not available. And the things that are available, suck. This new Ubuntu poster, has some potential for a T-Shirt, which I'm probably gonna try. But I really cant find something good, the Ubuntu shirts available at that coffee store or something are not worth it, and the other stores in the Internet are on America and I will get butt-kicked from tolls and transfer-fees.

dca
November 15th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Okay, so far:

- Ubuntu Polo Shirt
- Suse Coffee Mug
- Suse Polo Shirt
- Ubuntu Linux Book

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff...

Gargamella
November 15th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Kawaii-desu!!111

I never had the chance to buy linux merchandise; simply not available. And the things that are available, suck. This new Ubuntu poster, has some potential for a T-Shirt, which I'm probably gonna try. But I really cant find something good, the Ubuntu shirts available at that coffee store or something are not worth it, and the other stores in the Internet are on America and I will get butt-kicked from tolls and transfer-fees.

i agree

paul cooke
November 15th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Hi all, i would like to know what do you think about linux merchandising (T-shirts,buttons,stikers....) and if you ever bought something.

I think it is important to spread linux everywhere in the world,and would make people curious about linux,what about you?

hmmm, I just collect penguins... Tux's, other plush penguins, keyrings, moneyboxes... whatever...

I have one of those squishy tuxes as well, got mine free, mind you it's got ProIV on it (looks like Pron if you squint...)

Oddest one I've got is one my daughter picked up for me the other year while on holiday... she found a Tux filled with shower gel... never been able to find another like it...

ah, here's the offending blighter...

http://www.funatbathtime.com/fab/6px-1.htm

cute isn't he? mind you, I don't think they can get away with using the design without proper attribution to Larry Ewing.

IYY
November 16th, 2006, 03:36 AM
I don't like buying stuff online, but I do have a T-shirt with Tux on it I got for free from IBM. I think I'll buy other merch at some point.

Dual Cortex
November 16th, 2006, 03:39 AM

Hah! They are ... adorable! :mrgreen:

Jenda
November 25th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Why is there no poll option 'I sell this stuff'? :)