Nikola
November 2nd, 2004, 09:47 PM
This is awesome!

xsos
November 3rd, 2004, 02:09 AM
helo thanks

adbak
November 3rd, 2004, 03:34 AM
I really, really like that. Looks very professional. Five stars!

You did a great job and in no way am I trying to belittle your efforts, but you might want to space out the "Human"s in the background a little. I mean that with no disrespect but with pure constructive criticism. :)

Nice work.

Vulc
November 3rd, 2004, 10:58 AM
Hello guys, i have create a box set for ubuntu :D

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11944873/

i hope u guys like it :D

comment and critique welcome
time to send that to the devs incase they ever want to ship it in boxes =p

xsos
November 3rd, 2004, 04:19 PM
I really, really like that. Looks very professional. Five stars!

You did a great job and in no way am I trying to belittle your efforts, but you might want to space out the "Human"s in the background a little. I mean that with no disrespect but with pure constructive criticism. :)

Nice work.
helo, where i could get the human pictures :D
i will snap in the image into the box :D hehehehe..
thanks

xsos
November 3rd, 2004, 04:22 PM
time to send that to the devs incase they ever want to ship it in boxes =p
yeah i agree with that :D , when my cd's bundle with box arrive :D
i still waiting for the cd's until now i'm using the beta version :D

HiddenWolf
November 13th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Ohh man. Would it be sweet if you could get this at every bookstore. :-)

HungSquirrel
November 13th, 2004, 02:21 PM
i still waiting for the cd's until now i'm using the beta version :D
If you sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo apt-get upgrade, your system will be Warty final (but of course your CD won't be).

costoa
November 13th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Very nice and very professional. It looks like a design that would really catch a shopper's eye and it's pleasant to look at.

Great job.

kal_zakath
November 14th, 2004, 01:31 AM
If you sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo apt-get upgrade, your system will be Warty final (but of course your CD won't be).

Didn't you mean sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade ???

HungSquirrel
November 14th, 2004, 02:49 AM
Didn't you mean sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade ???
Leave me alone, I was tired! ;)

TravisNewman
November 14th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Yeah dude, that is very nice! Definitely should be the box if Ubuntu is ever boxed. They're planning a book, so maybe you'll be able to buy them together in the box.

xsos
November 15th, 2004, 10:20 AM
helo, if could download the cd i would download and burn it :D , but my internet connectio it's too slow and expensive. i'm using dialup which cost 1$ / hour and it's download speed only 3 kb/s oh man. if i calculate i need 50$ to download obe cd of ubuntu linux :( ... and for bradband internet in my country it will cost 50-70$ depend on the internet service provider and the download speed only +- 10kbps /s.

i hope ubuntu team could help. thanks i will wait for the cd :D

daniels
November 15th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Very nice work, dude. The only two comments I have are that the 'human' font looks a little out of place (nice idea, but maybe in a standard non-cursive font, and maybe lower-case?), and possibly put Warty Warthog in quotes. But I'm not sure; I can ask if you want.

xsos
November 15th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Very nice work, dude. The only two comments I have are that the 'human' font looks a little out of place (nice idea, but maybe in a standard non-cursive font, and maybe lower-case?), and possibly put Warty Warthog in quotes. But I'm not sure; I can ask if you want.
helo thanks for the inputs daniels, i have speak with lu from canonical, and He want me to make another version for hoary :D , maybe the warty is already shipped :D.

Do you guys have an idea for the hoary box, from color or etc :D all comment welcome, thanks...

TravisNewman
November 15th, 2004, 06:43 PM
helo thanks for the inputs daniels, i have speak with lu from canonical, and He want me to make another version for hoary :D , maybe the warty is already shipped :D.

Do you guys have an idea for the hoary box, from color or etc :D all comment welcome, thanks...
I like the color, and unless the Canonical decides to take a different approach, I think you should keep it. I'm not sure the Human stuff works, font change or not. Maybe a different font, space them out across the box more, and use "Humanity" instead of just "Human," I think that would convey the philosophy a little better.

daniels
November 15th, 2004, 07:06 PM
helo thanks for the inputs daniels, i have speak with lu from canonical, and He want me to make another version for hoary :D , maybe the warty is already shipped :D.Be careful here. :) Dia is both he and she, and in this case, Lu is definitely a she ...

Warty isn't shipping with the boxes, sorry. By the time this came in, we were already months into the process of shipping the CDs out.

Do you guys have an idea for the hoary box, from color or etc :D all comment welcome, thanks...Aside from the comments on the Human text and possibly the Warty Warthog bit (although Lu knows more than me on the style guide), looks great.

jwb
November 15th, 2004, 09:14 PM
I'm thinking it should not be a box. Maybe a dodecagon or a triangle.

A box represents, you know...... a box. It's so box-ish.

Maybe, like, some sticks and mud in the shape of an octagon.

Or some titanium in the shape of an egg.

Something to make a statement.

;-)

xsos
November 16th, 2004, 03:57 AM
I'm thinking it should not be a box. Maybe a dodecagon or a triangle.

A box represents, you know...... a box. It's so box-ish.

Maybe, like, some sticks and mud in the shape of an octagon.

Or some titanium in the shape of an egg.

Something to make a statement.

;-)
helo thanks for the idea :D that is a good idea. I'll try to make something different :D

TravisNewman
November 16th, 2004, 04:37 AM
I think he may have been joking ;) but something interesting and different would be nice... the question is, whether or not they'd accept it as a default.

xsos
November 16th, 2004, 06:13 AM
yeah, i'm agree with u :D . in mind is circular box :D for the shipment, although cd's taht shipped is more than one cd :D it think this is the best solution for it :D

jwb
November 16th, 2004, 08:57 PM
yeah, i'm agree with u :D . in mind is circular box :D for the shipment, although cd's taht shipped is more than one cd :D it think this is the best solution for it :D

Circular is nice. Although repetative. It never ends. Just round and round, round and round. Unless there's like those little bumps like on the edges of a metal container. Then it's like round and round, BUMP, round and round, BUMP.

I still think a dodecagon. Or a tetrahydron.

Or that dealie on the top of Star Destroyers in Star Wars.

Now *that* would be cool. Package it in a Star Destroyer!

<vader_breathing_sounds>

Set a course for Redmond!

</vader_breathing_sounds>

I amaze myself with my ability to come up with new tangents.

jwb
November 16th, 2004, 08:59 PM
I think he may have been joking ;)

Never joke. Not me. No sir. Quite serious I am.

Harumph.

Serious and all.

Quite serious.

Thinking of starting a club. For serious people.

TravisNewman
November 16th, 2004, 09:23 PM
*LOL* I should stop commenting every time you post something, but it's funny. Always. And I can't resist the urge to tell you so.

jwb
November 16th, 2004, 10:16 PM
*LOL* I should stop commenting every time you post something, but it's funny. Always. And I can't resist the urge to tell you so.

I think you just *must* get in the last word. That's what I think.

Or maybe I do, and I don't realize it.

Hahahaha, hohohoho, there I go, sneaking up on myself again.