PDA

View Full Version : Tech Site Feedback Wanted!

trivialpackets
November 12th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Looking for a bit of help with testing a new type of forum using elements from a normal forum and from other sites such as digg. Think a forum, with a new philosophy...

It is still under development, but if any community on the web understands beta, it is the linux community that I have grown to love. It is a tech related site and is designed with the knowledge that everyone is busy. It seeks to alleviate the act of reading through pages and pages of posts when the majority of those posts are people saying they have had the same problems. The site is basic, but functional and is being developed on a daily basis.

We are very open to suggestions. Development plans are to have the main page that is linked is going to be mainly windows based, with sister sites to be added shortly for both the Linux and Mac OS.

When all is said and done, this is going to take the whole idea of a forum, and will improve the efficiency with which the users can find answers to their problems, as the users get to vote on the usefulness of the responses and responses are ordered by relevance, rather than their posting date. I know it's off topic, and I am seeking feedback on the site itself, the idea behind it and any other feedback anyone wants to give. Please feel free to post here. Thanks.

http://www.tikkitech.com

Wafflesomd
November 12th, 2006, 06:08 PM
I like it, but here's an idea.

Make seperate folders for topics, so it doesnt clutter the homepage.

BTW, I'm completely retarded and didnt see that its already there...

trivialpackets
November 12th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Thank you for the feedback!