PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Script for Anti-Aliasing aMSN

Pages : [1] 2

Vuen
November 11th, 2006, 08:32 PM
This is a fully automated script to add anti-aliasing support to aMSN. This will compile Tcl and Tk 8.5 and recompile aMSN 0.97 for it. This will NOT replace your existing Tcl/Tk installation, so this method is much safer to use and easier to revert than other non-compilation methods. This script works on Edgy, Feisty and Gutsy, and works on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors.

Here is a screenshot of what it will look like when the script finishes:
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/2881/amsnwj3.th.png (http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amsnwj3.png)

Updates

January 2, 2008:

Updated to Tcl/Tk 8.5 and aMSN 0.97.

Fixed detection of KDE on Gutsy for skin selection.

Fixed checkout location for aMSN in cvs mode.
July 15, 2007:

Updated to Tcl/Tk 8.5a6 and aMSN 0.97RC1.

Added Gutsy support.
March 8, 2007:

Added an additional warning to the clean option.
February 22, 2007:

The script now uses its own sources.list to ensure the deb-src lines are available and to prevent any repository conflicts (uncomment fallback is now only used for unsupported distributions). This should permanently fix any repository problems.

There is now a "clean" command line option to clean out Tcl/Tk 8.5 and aMSN. Only the build dependency packages are left behind, which are from the official repositories so there's no problem.

The error-handling is more robust; it now catches SIGTERM and cleans temp files.
February 7, 2007:

The cvs and tarball versions have been merged into the same script. Source tarball is now the default installation method; there is a "cvs" command line option to use cvs/subversion trunk instead.

The deb-src lines in /etc/apt/sources.list are now uncommented during the script and restored afterwards. This should prevent any build-dep problems.

TLS is now configured automatically (finally!)

GuS-Arg's skins are now activated automatically (unless you are already using another skin.)

Upgrades

Note for distribution upgrades: This script will not interfere with a distribution upgrade in any way. It is safe to upgrade from Edgy to Feisty or from Feisty to Gutsy with this aMSN installation. After upgrading, your aMSN may revert to using jagged fonts; simply run this script again (don't uninstall aMSN first, just run the script) to get them back.

Notes

Tcl and Tk 8.5 will be compiled and installed into /usr/local; it will not replace your existing Tcl and Tk installation, so it should be much safer to use and easier to revert than other methods.

The Ubuntu and Kubuntu skins by GuS-Arg will be installed. If you do not have a skin already selected, the proper skin will be selected automatically. You can activate them manually via Account -> Select Skin.

This script accepts the command line option "clean". This will remove Tcl/Tk 8.5 and purge aMSN and all configuration files and customizations (skins, extensions, options, logs, etc). If you want to revert to the normal aMSN, execute the clean and then re-install amsn from the repositories.

This script can download the latest trunk of Tcl/Tk and aMSN through revision control systems instead of using source tarballs. Use it if you want to be on the bleeding edge or if the tarballs fail for some reason. To use it, add the "cvs" command line option to the script when running it.

Installation

Please read the entire Notes section above before installing. If you have already installed aMSN, do not uninstall it before starting.

Attached is the script. Save it in your home folder, then open a terminal window and type:

bash fixamsn.sh

You will be prompted for your root password, then the script will handle everything else. Don't be scared at the massive volume of text it will output. It should take about five to ten minutes to complete.

Please let me know if there are any errors or missing build dependencies. Enjoy!

DownshiftEVA
November 16th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Worked like a charm, first time! All I had to do after running the script (and entering passwords) was direct AMSN to my TLS folder.

AMSN looks great now. Many thanks!

Vuen
November 18th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Ah yes, sorry about that. I'm not sure why it can't find TLS. I spoke to the aMSN developers and they mentioned that the pkgIndex.tcl fix the script performs should let it find it, but it didn't work for me either. It's probably just due to the fact that we're installing Tcl/Tk in /usr/local. Anyway I'll add that to the main post. Thanks.

albatross
November 24th, 2006, 02:11 PM
perfect script, saves a lot of time and effort
thank you!

Vuen
November 25th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Glad to hear.

I added error-checking throughout the script, so now if anything goes wrong, it will abort (leaving your original aMSN intact). I also added code to automatically clean up its temporary files.

DyNaLk0n
November 26th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Works great. Saves a lot of time. Thanks!

jbfrank
November 26th, 2006, 11:13 PM
All I can say is a humble thank you! :D

Vuen
November 27th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Since aMSN 0.96 has been released, I updated the script to install it instead of 0.96rc1. If aMSN is asking you whether you want to upgrade, tell it no, and simply download and run this script again.

iGama
November 27th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Worked great, just got 2 problems, with the libpng and libjpeg that i needed to install.

keitarokami
November 27th, 2006, 03:58 PM
ok i'll try :D

Vuen
November 30th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Worked great, just got 2 problems, with the libpng and libjpeg that i needed to install.

Thanks, I added these dependencies to the script.

If anyone else finds any more missing packages, let me know.

bodhi.zazen
December 2nd, 2006, 10:26 AM
Nice How-to

This thread has been added to the UDSF wiki.

bodhi.zazen

gejr
December 7th, 2006, 10:16 PM
I messed up bigtime. First I installed it and everything worked fine, but I realized that I hadn't removed the old amsn installation so I got two aMSN's in my start menu. I sudo apt-get removed amsn and ran the script again. Now I got this:

Logging in to :pserver:anonymous@tcl.cvs.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/tcl
Fatal error, aborting.
anoncvs_tcl: no such system user
ERROR: Could not download Tcl source code.
geo@box:~/$

Do you know how to fix this? Thanks for your effort on making this script btw! :)

Vuen
December 8th, 2006, 12:35 AM
I messed up bigtime. First I installed it and everything worked fine, but I realized that I hadn't removed the old amsn installation so I got two aMSN's in my start menu.

Hmm, that's very strange. The problem wasn't caused by not having removed aMSN; installing the old aMSN from the repository is the first thing the script does.

I'm also not sure why CVS login isn't working. It's unrelated to your original problem; it may simply be due to a connection error. I think you're just unlucky :(

Here's a version of the script which will download tarball snapshots of the various source codes instead of downloading them through revision control systems. This way you won't get the CVS login problem, and you might find it quite a bit faster than the original script. I may replace the original script with this one if more people have problems (and will certainly replace it when a beta release of Tcl/Tk 8.5 comes out).

To completely clean everything up, run it like this:

sudo apt-get remove --purge amsn
sudo aptitude unhold amsn
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get clean
chmod 755 fixamsna5.txt
./fixamsna5.txt

If there are still two aMSN options in your start menu, check what they point to; the correct command is "amsn" or "/usr/bin/amsn". If they both point to the same thing, then you can simply delete one.

WARNING: This version of the script is deprecated. It is here for archival purposes only. Please use the newest version of the script here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=297676

_

gejr
December 8th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks a lot Vuen! Worked perfectly now:)

mrastas
December 11th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Thank You!

A very nice script indeed.

I was having problems with the source.lists, but solved it by adding the src repos. Maybe you could add info about this in the first post, so that others "so dummy" as me get it done faster. ](*,)

Thanks again!

mrashley
December 14th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Thank you for making this script. You're a rock star!

For anyone else a tad blind (like me) the skins are actually findable from

Account -> skins.

It's easier than ever! :-)

DREMA
December 22nd, 2006, 11:49 PM
Nice script! Works perfectly ;)
You could make another one that use the SVN version of aMSN.

Sebastral
December 23rd, 2006, 05:53 PM
Works until;

A amsn/utils/macosx/TkCximage
A amsn/utils/macosx/TkCximage/pkgIndex.tcl
svn: REPORT request failed on '/svnroot/amsn/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/svnroot/amsn/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response body: Secure connection truncated (https://svn.sourceforge.net)
ERROR: Could not download aMSN source code.

Nizzle
December 23rd, 2006, 10:47 PM
](*,)

lots of problems for me :(
really new to linux so please go easy on me lol :p

I had amsn installed through the add/remove programs thingy at first
then amsn told me to update
and redirected me to their site..
downloaded the latest version "amsn-0.96-2.tcl84.x86.package"
installed that with the how to..
used it for a while..

I think their installer is to blame for most of my problems
first of all the "sudo apt-get remove --purge amsn" didn't work..
I think because it wasn't in the list of add/remove programs cos I installed it with their installer..
so I tried to remove it with their installer too.. no clue whether or not that worked.. it asked for my password and then nothing.. when I try again the same thing happens :(

soo.. assuming everything would work out just fine I think I've wrecked all
I just continued with the how to..
"sudo rm -r /usr/share/amsn" no errors..
"sudo apt-get install amsn" no errors..
"cd Desktop" figured this one out myself *yay for me lol*
"chmod 755 fixamsn.txt" no errors..
so was happy and thought it was gonna work and stuff.. :rolleyes:
"./fixamsn.txt" NOOOOO :-s

my ubuntu is Dutch but it says this:

Reading state information... Klaar
E: Uw bronnenlijst (/etc/apt/sources.list) dient minstens 1 bron-URI te bevatten
ERROR: Could not install build dependencies.

I believe that's the error you need to help..
if you want any more information just ask and I'll try to figure it out :mrgreen:
please help :cry:

Vuen
December 24th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Works until;

It seems the script is having trouble downloading the source code through Subversion. Try the snapshot version of the script here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1857928&postcount=14

and perform all the steps in that post to clean it first. Hopefully that will fix it. I'm not at my computer now but I'll soon replace the original version of the script with this one.

my ubuntu is Dutch but it says this:

E: Uw bronnenlijst (/etc/apt/sources.list) dient minstens 1 bron-URI te bevatten

It seems your sources.list is missing the source repositories; same problem as mrastas was having above. In a terminal window, type "sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list", and uncomment all the lines that say deb-src in front of them. Then type "sudo apt-get update", then run the script.

Nice script! Works perfectly ;)
You could make another one that use the SVN version of aMSN.

I'm more of a fan of stable releases, but if you want to use the latest source you can just check out trunk instead of the latest tag. Open up the fixamsn.txt script in any text editor, and change this:

svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/tags/Release-0_96/amsn/ amsn || ! echo "ERROR: Could not download aMSN source code." || exit 1

to this:

svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn/ amsn || ! echo "ERROR: Could not download aMSN source code." || exit 1

Then run the script again.

Nizzle
December 24th, 2006, 08:32 PM
thank you :)
got a bit further now..

still got this now..

E: Kan geen bronpakket vinden voor tcl8.4

now what? ](*,)

Vuen
December 29th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Hmm, that's very strange. Can you pastebin the contents of your sources.list?

http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org

s_h_a_d_o_w_s
December 29th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Thansk for the script., works great! Themes are nice too!

supersrbin2000
December 29th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Please enter your sudo password:
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
amsn is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Building dependency tree
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Building tag database... Done
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Writing extended state information... Done
Building dependency tree
E: Could not open file /var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_edgy_multiverse_so urce_Sources - open (2 No such file or directory)

Does anyone have a clue? :) Btw, all src repos are uncommented.
Thanx.

Nizzle
December 30th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Hmm, that's very strange. Can you pastebin the contents of your sources.list?

http://paste.ubuntu-nl.org

sorry I broke my ubuntu yesterday so reinstalled it..
script worked now..

but keep getting this :(
http://www.uploadworld.nl/users/Nizzle/uploadworld_eroorrr.jpg
then you click the OK button and it says it's loading but does nothing :(

iGama
January 8th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Just changed the script to compile the svn insted of the 0.96 stable.

If you want to do this:

find the section:

#amsn 0.96
svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/tags/Release-0_96/amsn/ amsn || ! echo "ERROR: Could not download aMSN source code." || exit 1

and replace with:

#amsn 0.97 SVN
svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn amsn || ! echo "ERROR: Could not download aMSN source code." || exit 1

Save and run :)

PS: I've mentioned this script on my blog : www.formatds.org :)

* Edit *
I only noticed now that you already said this :$

Rackerz
January 11th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks, this script actually worked. Amsn installed with no trouble for once. It looks pretty too :D.

JohnC86
January 12th, 2007, 07:03 PM
This needs to be stickied, absolutely brilliant.

This is the first script/howto about amsn that worked flawlessly for my on x86_64

Th1eF`
January 18th, 2007, 10:16 AM
i've got a problem here...

Password:
Building dependency tree
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
kdesvn-kio-plugins libapr0 libsvn0 libsvnqt2
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Building dependency tree
Building dependency tree
E: Could not open file /var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_edgy_m_source_Sour ces - open (2 No such file or directory)

anyone know what is going wrong?

Vuen
February 7th, 2007, 03:48 PM
E: Could not open file /var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_edgy_multiverse_so urce_Sources - open (2 No such file or directory)

Does anyone have a clue? :) Btw, all src repos are uncommented.
Thanx.

anyone know what is going wrong?

That looks like there are errors in your apt repositories. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list as root, and see if you can find the problem; if not, post the contents here and I'll see if I can fix it.

http://www.uploadworld.nl/users/Nizzle/uploadworld_eroorrr.jpg

Unfortunately I don't recognize the language, but it seems it has a problem loading a plugin. Try deleting the folder ~/.amsn (Browse into your home, show hidden folders and delete .amsn). This will clear your aMSN settings and plugins; you might want to back it up first.

This is the first script/howto about amsn that worked flawlessly for my on x86_64

That's good to know, I hadn't tested it on 64-bit. Thanks :)

hardyn
February 8th, 2007, 10:21 AM
script works pretty well... im impressed...

3 questions..

1) getting alot of "tk has brought error" windows?
2) how do i get new tk out if i want to revert? or does it get yanked in one shot with the removal of amsn?
3) with tk now being in the "wrong" place, how do i make tkdnd work?

thanks.

Vuen
February 9th, 2007, 11:20 PM
1) getting alot of "tk has brought error" windows?
2) how do i get new tk out if i want to revert? or does it get yanked in one shot with the removal of amsn?
3) with tk now being in the "wrong" place, how do i make tkdnd work?

1) Those happen because the version of the toolkit we're using is still in alpha testing, so it has bugs. Unfortunately there isn't a stable build out with anti-aliasing support yet, which is why we're stuck with these errors.

2) The new Tk is sitting in /usr/local, so it doesn't harm anything by being there. If you want to remove it anyway, you can remove the following files/folders:
/usr/local/bin/tclsh8.5
/usr/local/bin/wish8.5
/usr/local/include/tcl8.5/
/usr/local/lib/libtcl8.5.so
/usr/local/lib/tcl8.5/
/usr/local/lib/libtk8.5.so
/usr/local/lib/tk8.5/

3) I don't really know how you would get this to work with aMSN (or how it would be useful with aMSN), but any other Tk apps will still use the old toolkit (unless you've specifically compiled them for Tk 8.5). So if you had TkDND working before, it *should* still work with your old apps.

If it doesn't, I can take a look at it to figure out how to set it up.

guysmiley25
February 10th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Are there any leftover packages from compiling etc? I like to keep a nice clean system and I do this by using aptitude to insure that dependencies packages are remove etc.

I noticed during the output that apt-get installs some packages do these get removed again? If not could you please explain how I can or make/edit a script to do so.

Thanks

Vuen
February 10th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Are there any leftover packages from compiling etc? I like to keep a nice clean system and I do this by using aptitude to insure that dependencies packages are remove etc.

I noticed during the output that apt-get installs some packages do these get removed again? If not could you please explain how I can or make/edit a script to do so.

Ah, unfortunately there isn't really a quick way to do that. The script uses the build-dep command in apt to install all the packages required to compile a package from source. Once you're done compiling you can remove the dependencies, but the script doesn't keep track of what it installs so the only real way to remove them is to manually remove each package. You have to dig through your log files (/var/log/dpkg*) to see what it installed and remove each package manually.

guysmiley25
February 11th, 2007, 05:37 AM
That's cool! just wanted to know.

Do you know if there is away to save the output from your script to a file? That would be very helpful for me to see what is happing.

By that way, thanks heap for this script in the first place! It makes amsn so much better.

Thanks

amr2205
February 11th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Thanks! it works and aMsn looks better.

guysmiley25
February 12th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I worked it out, You can use > to pipe output from a command to a file eg.

bash fixamsn.sh > amsn-installlog.txt

I then studied the file and found that you can clean up by doing:

sudo aptitude purge build-essential debhelper dpatch dpkg-dev g++ g++-4.1 html2text imlib11-dev libc6-dev libice-dev libjpeg62-dev libpng12-dev libsm-dev libstdc++6-4.1-dev libtiff4-dev libtiffxx0c2 libungif4-dev libx11-dev libxau-dev libxdmcp-dev libxext-dev libxt-dev linux-libc-dev tcl8.4-dev tk8.4-dev x-dev x11proto-core-dev x11proto-input-dev x11proto-kb-dev x11proto-xext-dev xtrans-dev zlib1g-dev libexpat1-dev libfontconfig1-dev libfreetype6-dev libxft-dev libxrender-dev pkg-config x11proto-render-dev

This was on Xubuntu Edgy Eft. and could and probably be different for others.

I'm still quite new to this but I was wondering. Does amsn have to be complied because it needs to be compiled to support the beta versions of Tcl/Tk. And Tcl/Tk needs to be compiled because it's a beta version and does not have a deb file?

In this case is it not possible to make a deb of amsn that supports the beta version of Tcl/Tk and make the package to have a dependency of the beta version of Tcl/Tk and not the normal Tcl/Tk. And then make a deb for the beta Tcl/Tk

Witch would be very cool because then there could be a source for the sources.list that contains those packages and then you could just do "sudo aptitude install amsn". And get your fixed version. Or maybe you would have to do something different like "sudo aptitude install fixamsn" I don't know!

Just wondering...

Vuen
February 13th, 2007, 09:04 AM
I'm still quite new to this but I was wondering. Does amsn have to be complied because it needs to be compiled to support the beta versions of Tcl/Tk. And Tcl/Tk needs to be compiled because it's a beta version and does not have a deb file?

In this case is it not possible to make a deb of amsn that supports the beta version of Tcl/Tk and make the package to have a dependency of the beta version of Tcl/Tk and not the normal Tcl/Tk. And then make a deb for the beta Tcl/Tk

Witch would be very cool because then there could be a source for the sources.list that contains those packages and then you could just do "sudo aptitude install amsn". And get your fixed version.

Yep, definitely. In fact, before I wrote this script there was a thread on here that provided debs for installing the beta Tcl/Tk with aMSN. That's partly what prompted me to write this script.

Installing debs from unsigned sources is a very bad idea, especially for something that has a lot of dependencies (like a graphical toolkit). First, you don't actually know what was compiled into the deb; the maintainer could have added some malicious code. Second, debs usually install in /usr (they're supposed to, anyway); replacing your Tcl/Tk/aMSN with that of a random deb will surely break all other Tcl/Tk applications on your computer, and could damage your installation when you try to dist-upgrade. Third, debs can often be quite large. This isn't noticeable to you, but to the package maintainer, providing debs for even a small program like aMSN and the toolkit amounts to nearly ten megs, which requires a large amount of bandwidth compared to a seven kilobyte script.

So yes, you can definitely make debs for this instead of compiling, but it's dangerous. Compiling is safe, easy, straightforward, and for a small toolkit like Tcl/Tk it takes only slightly more time than installing a deb. It's better this way.

psynyd
February 14th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Superscript!

I was having tons of newbie trouble upgrading from 0.95 to 0.96, and your script made it a breeze!

Thank you!

keith_21
February 14th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Hi, I'm a beginner to Linux, and I was having difficulty installing this script. I get the error

E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list

Any ways to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Ghitze
February 15th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Ik get the smame errro. I instaled the script once before without any trouble, and after my format en reinstall of ubuntu I get this error ..

Buph
February 19th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Hello. I've tried to install this script, but when the installation was finishing, I've got the next error:

Installing message catalogs
application-specific initialization failed: too many nested evaluations (infinite loop?)
too many nested evaluations (infinite loop?)
while executing
"proc copyDir { d1 d2 } {

puts [format {%*sCreating %s} [expr { 4 * [info level] }] {} \
[file tail $d2]]

file delete -force -- $d2
..."
(file "/tmp/fixamsnsources/tcl/unix/../tools/installData.tcl" line 23)
make: *** [install-msgs] Error 1
ERROR: Could not compile Tcl.

I hope you can help me.
Bye!

Vuen
February 21st, 2007, 08:45 AM
Hi, I'm a beginner to Linux, and I was having difficulty installing this script. I get the error

E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list

Any ways to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Ah, it seems your sources.list is missing the deb-src repositories. Can you please post the contents of the file /etc/apt/sources.list? I assumed they were just commented, but if you're missing the lines altogether, I may need to modify the script to add them.

Hello. I've tried to install this script, but when the installation was finishing, I've got the next error:

Ooh, that's a strange one. This may be a compilation bug in Alpha 5 that has since been fixed; you can try compiling it from CVS instead. Launch the script with the cvs command-line option, like this:

bash fixamsn.sh cvs

Hopefully that will help.

XomboX
February 21st, 2007, 03:34 PM
Hello!
I have got the same error like guyz Th1eF` and supersrbin2000.
I use Ubuntu Edgy Eft.

Here are the last few rows from console:

E: Can not open file
/var/lib/apt/lists/ubuntu.beryl-project.org_dists_edgy_main-edgy_source_Sources - open (2 No such file or directory)

Here is my sources.list

# Automatically generated sources.list
# http://www.ubuntu-nl.org/source-o-matic/
#
# If you get GPG errors with this sources.list, locate the GPG key in this file
# and run these commands (where KEY is replaced with that key)
#
# gpg --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys KEY
# gpg --export --armor KEY | sudo apt-key add -

# Ubuntu supported packages
# GPG key: 437D05B5
deb http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy main restricted
deb http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy-updates main restricted
deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy-security main restricted

deb-src http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy main restricted
deb-src http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy-updates main restricted
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy-security main restricted

# Ubuntu community supported packages
deb http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy universe multiverse
deb http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy-updates universe multiverse
deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy-security universe multiverse

deb-src http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy universe multiverse
deb-src http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy-updates universe multiverse
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy-security universe multiverse

# Seveas' Ubuntu Packages
# GPG key: 1135D466
deb http://mirror2.ubuntulinux.nl/ edgy-seveas all
deb-src http://mirror.ubuntulinux.nl/ edgy-seveas all

# Ubuntu backports project
deb http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy-backports main restricted universe multiverse
deb-src http://cz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu edgy-backports main restricted universe multiverse

# Upstream Wine
deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt edgy main
deb-src http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt edgy main

# bzr nightly snapshots
deb http://people.ubuntu.com/~jbailey/snapshot/bzr ./
deb-src http://people.ubuntu.com/~jbailey/snapshot/bzr ./

# Upstream Beryl nejde
# GPG key: ed8a569e
#deb http://media.blutkind.org/xgl/ edgy main-edgy
#deb-src http://ubuntu.beryl-project.org/ edgy main-edgy

# Medibuntu multimedia packages
# GPG key: 0C5A2783
deb http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repo/ edgy free non-free
deb-src http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repo/ edgy free non-free

# Canonical Commercial packages
deb http://archive.canonical.com edgy-commercial main
deb-src http://archive.canonical.com edgy-commercial main

# Givre's repository (ntfs-3g)
deb http://givre.cabspace.com/ubuntu/ edgy main-all

# Beryl
deb http://ubuntu.beryl-project.org edgy main

# Picard
deb http://ftp.musicbrainz.org/pub/musicbrainz/users/luks/ubuntu edgy musicbrainz

Could you help us, please?
Thank you!!

Edit: I have found amsn_0.96+dfsg1-0ubuntu2_i386.deb (but is is for Feisty Fawn) when I try to install it says: Dependency error: libc6.
So I think we need a script for older version 0.95 of amsn which is in Edgy Eft`s repository. Am I wrong?

iGama
February 21st, 2007, 11:47 PM
I'm going to try and update the script so it creates .deb packages :) if i succed i will share it.

Vuen
February 22nd, 2007, 09:43 AM
Alright, I updated the script to use its own sources.list, so it should fix the problems you guys are having. Give it a try and let me know if it still doesn't work.

Also, I don't recommend using the cvs option right now; the current aMSN trunk seems to segfault while starting up.

XomboX
February 22nd, 2007, 10:37 AM
Alright, I updated the script to use its own sources.list, so it should fix the problems you guys are having. Give it a try and let me know if it still doesn't work.

Also, I don't recommend using the cvs option right now; the current aMSN trunk seems to segfault while starting up.

Thank you a lot, man!!! Now it works withou ANY problems, I have got 0.95 aMSN installed :guitar:

BTW: you should change the installating information from " amsn 0.96 will be installed" to "amsn version from you repository will be installed".

I wonder you know how can I add amsn icon to the up-right corner of my window border. See the screenshot.
http://www.ukazto.com/img/Obrazovka-unb1.jpg

soulfire
February 22nd, 2007, 02:20 PM
I just want to point out that you HAVE TO be very careful with the new "clean" option since it removes your ~/.amsn directory, with all your options and conversation logs.
I really don't understand why it has been inserted!!

darkteckno
February 22nd, 2007, 04:38 PM
I just got this:

svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn': Could not read status line: Secure connection truncated (https://svn.sourceforge.net)

Buph
February 22nd, 2007, 09:28 PM
Thank you very much Vuen!!!!
It works fine now.

Vuen
February 22nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
BTW: you should change the installating information from " amsn 0.96 will be installed" to "amsn version from you repository will be installed".

Actually it does install aMSN 0.96. It downloads the 0.96 tarball from SourceForge regardless of what version is in the repository. If you click on Help->About, you should see aMSN 0.96 (or 0.97 if you used the cvs option).

I wonder you know how can I add amsn icon to the up-right corner of my window border. See the screenshot.

Unfortunately, that's the icon specified by the skin used. The GuS-Arg skins used are the nicest ones I could find; you can modify it to add the icon yourself, or you can look for other skins here:

http://amsn-project.net/skins.php

I just want to point out that you HAVE TO be very careful with the new "clean" option since it removes your ~/.amsn directory, with all your options and conversation logs.
I really don't understand why it has been inserted!!

This option is there to ensure that aMSN is completely clean, to remove any customizations or configuration options that may be preventing the install from taking place. The idea is to remove every trace of aMSN and Tcl/Tk 8.5 from your system.

svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn': Could not read status line: Secure connection truncated (https://svn.sourceforge.net)

It seems the aMSN subversion repository is having some problems. Try running the script without the cvs option.

darkteckno
February 22nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks its sorted now!

XomboX
February 22nd, 2007, 10:27 PM
Actually it does install aMSN 0.96. It downloads the 0.96 tarball from SourceForge regardless of what version is in the repository. If you click on Help->About, you should see aMSN 0.96 (or 0.97 if you used the cvs option).

I checked it out and you are right. However in synaptic there is 0.95 amsn.

Unfortunately, that's the icon specified by the skin used. The GuS-Arg skins used are the nicest ones I could find; you can modify it to add the icon yourself, or you can look for other skins here:

I tried few more skins and there is still no icon :-/ I need to know where is defined which icon is shown there, then I can fix it.

Thank you for your quick answers, Vuen.

sfagmenos
February 23rd, 2007, 02:08 AM
Good eveninig i am new in using linux and i tried to have aMSN installed
by this script but i have the foolowing error

first i get this message
Your distribution is not supported by this script.
Press enter to proceed anyway, or CTRL+C to cancel.

and when i hit enter i have finnally this

i have installed ubuntu 6.06 and installed it in my native language which is grrek
have anything to do with the error the different language ??

i don't know what to blame for this :confused:
any help ??

SSamiK
February 23rd, 2007, 03:32 PM
Hi, and thanks for a really great script! I've used it several times with great success, however;
this time around a error occur:

"bash fixamsn.sh cvs" ends with:

/tmp/fixamsnsources/tk/unix/../generic/tkTextBTree.c:1816: error: expected ‘;’, ‘,’ or ‘)’ before ‘register’
make: *** [tkTextBTree.o] Error 1
ERROR: Could not compile Tk.

Any hints how to fix it?

Edit: Editet the script to use amsn svn instead of 0.96, and it worked like a charm.

Marsan
February 23rd, 2007, 03:53 PM
works like a charm on first try!

Th1eF`
February 25th, 2007, 02:24 PM
great...thanks a lot. works like a harm

gaspar
February 26th, 2007, 02:56 PM
It works great for me, but seems amsn is eating too much CPU. Every time the notifier pops up, or someone opens a chat window (including myself), or if I type big sentences, it freezes for some time, for every action. Worst when everything happens at the same time. I noticed my CPU usage goes 98%, something that does not happen if I install the latest autopackage from the website.
So, I tried to find those TCL/TK beta packages, provided by a guy named neto, I think... but the packages aren´t there anymore.
So, any clue where can I get those packages, and then install the autopackage file?
Thnx!

mied87
February 28th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Oh, i tried several things to get amsn worked, and your script totaly rocked!
Now its running fine!

Im new at linux and still i made it with your script and guide!
Thanks, youre the man! :popcorn:

cbudden
February 28th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Why on earth does the clean option remove your ~/.amsn directory without asking the user first! I have now lost a handful of plugins, conversation logs!

Princey
March 1st, 2007, 03:37 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the script. I compiled it already but took your easy way out after I reformatted. Thanks much.

Icarus3000
March 1st, 2007, 08:15 PM
I can't install this script. When I run it, I get the error below, and aMSN looks ugly.

libpng12-dev is already the newest version.
Note, selecting libjpeg62-dev instead of libjpeg-dev
libjpeg62-dev is already the newest version.
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libxft-dev: Depends: libxft2 (= 2.1.10-1ubuntu1) but 2.1.10-1ubuntu1+turner1e is to be installed
Depends: libfontconfig1-dev but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libfreetype6-dev but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can fix these errors?

Thanks!
Icarus3000

Princey
March 1st, 2007, 10:43 PM
Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can fix these errors?

Thanks!
Icarus3000

Try
sudo apt-get install -f

That should fix the broken dependencies.

Icarus3000
March 2nd, 2007, 04:52 PM
Try
sudo apt-get install -f

That should fix the broken dependencies.

That worked, thanks!

Princey
March 3rd, 2007, 01:20 AM
That worked, thanks!

You're welcome. Anytime you run into broken dependences, just type in that same command that it will resolve it for you.

SnakeEyz
March 7th, 2007, 07:33 PM
AMsn looks so much better now.

Many thanks for this

siralphred
March 8th, 2007, 02:44 AM
worked perfectly for me...using edgy, on hp pavilion dv6000

mrgnash
March 8th, 2007, 06:00 AM
Thanks, the script worked flawlessly! :D

Vuen
March 8th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Your distribution is not supported by this script.
Press enter to proceed anyway, or CTRL+C to cancel.

This script doesn't support Dapper (6.06); it only supports Edgy and Feisty. You can try these instead:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=325689
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=216689

It works great for me, but seems amsn is eating too much CPU. Every time the notifier pops up, or someone opens a chat window (including myself), or if I type big sentences, it freezes for some time, for every action. Worst when everything happens at the same time. I noticed my CPU usage goes 98%, something that does not happen if I install the latest autopackage from the website.

Hm, that's very strange. Are you running the stable version 0.96, or the latest source code trunk? If you ran the script with the cvs option, try running it without; the stable aMSN shouldn't have any memory leaks.

Why on earth does the clean option remove your ~/.amsn directory without asking the user first! I have now lost a handful of plugins, conversation logs!

Sorry about your lost data, but the notes section explaining the clean option clearly stated that it would clear all plugins, logs, and any other customized data. The script even explicitely kills any active sudo session to force you to re-enter your password so that you don't do it by accident. The clean option should only be used if aMSN doesn't work; it removes ~/.amsn to prevent damaged config files or plugins from crashing it.

I've added an additional warning to the script to try to prevent people from doing it without knowing the risks.

Duncan_Idaho
March 8th, 2007, 06:31 PM
thak you so much for the scrip, it worked flawlessly and now I got a way MUCH beutyfull aMSN
but I got a doubt
when I use amsn it has the ugly 'MSN sounds' instead of the amsn original sounds, how can I get 'em back?

kybuz
March 13th, 2007, 04:11 AM
thanks...what a difference !!!

herbster
March 16th, 2007, 12:00 AM
I get this after installing:

amsnbobby@bobby-ubuntu:~$ amsn
Error in startup script: error copying "langlist" to "/home/bobby/.amsn/langlist.xml": permission denied
while executing
"file copy -force "langlist" "$filename""
(procedure "::lang::LoadVersions" line 20)
invoked from within
"::lang::LoadVersions "
(procedure "scan_languages" line 6)
invoked from within
"scan_languages"
invoked from within
"if { $initialize_amsn == 1 } {
################################################## #############
create_dir $HOME
create_dir $HOME/plugins
create_di..."
(file "config.tcl" line 1471)
invoked from within
"source config.tcl "
("uplevel" body line 23)
invoked from within
"uplevel \#0 {

source ctthemes.tcl
source progressbar.tcl ;# Progressbar Megawidget
source migmd5.tcl
source des.tcl ;# DES encryption
source s..."
(procedure "reload_files" line 2)
invoked from within
"reload_files"
(file "/usr/bin/amsn" line 237)
bobby@bobby-ubuntu:~$

Help? Hehe.

nero666
March 16th, 2007, 06:12 PM
thanks man, worked flawless

zeny
March 18th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Herbster if you do sudo amsn in console it should work it needs to be run as root, so really you just gotta change the permissions on the file, MSN me ill tell you how

Mr ;)

Arlanthir
March 18th, 2007, 11:12 PM
I have a question or two about this.. When a new amsn comes out, will we be able to update it?
Also, when installing the script, if there's a newer release, will we have to download another version of the script itself?

Thank you very much for this, worked like a charm! :D

herbster
March 19th, 2007, 12:44 AM
zeny,

Thanks for your help, that worked :)

SkiesOfAzel
March 20th, 2007, 12:26 AM
When the script tries to configure tcl i get this :

checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.

Gcc 4.0 and 4.1 are already installed btw. The bin names (inside /usr/bin) are gcc-4.0 and gcc-4.1 respectively so i added a symbolic link of 4.1 named gcc to see what would happen :

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

What am i doing wrong?

Neo40
March 20th, 2007, 02:57 AM
I'm running Feisty with the latest update and when I run the script, ,I get these errors:

la distribution unstable, que certains paquets n'ont pas encore
été créés ou ne sont pas sortis d'Incoming.
L'information suivante devrait vous aider à résoudre la situation :

Les paquets suivants contiennent des dépendances non satisfaites :
libxft-dev: Dépend: libxft2 (= 2.1.12-1) mais 2.1.12-1+turner2 devra être installé
Dépend: libfontconfig1-dev mais ne sera pas installé
Dépend: libfreetype6-dev mais ne sera pas installé
E: Paquets défectueux

I tried the command
sudo apt-get install -f
but didn't help. Any idea?
Thanks

Princey
March 21st, 2007, 01:26 AM
You have to install build essential first.

buildid
April 1st, 2007, 04:09 PM
does the cvs version work with this script ? because i cannot login when i install the cvs version further great script...........

mrastas
April 2nd, 2007, 05:46 PM
Hi,

and thanks for a very nice script. One question thou. Lately i have noticed the following when trying to upgrade via aptitude upgrade.

aptitude upgrade
Building dependency tree
The following packages have been kept back:
amsn
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

Is there a way to make this better, so that i would have a clean output (ie. no kept backs or upgrades)?

domino
April 4th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I Love the script! Almost as easy as restarting the machine. This also works on Feisty and Dapper with both x86 PC and Mac PowerBook.

Thanks!

WhosRodney
April 6th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Hi Vuen,
Thanks for the script. It works perfectly.

I'm wondering how I would uninstall the components installed by the script. Are the libraries installed via apt-get? Is amsn installed via apt-get. I looked through the script, but having limited scripting knowledge, I couldn't figure out exactly how everything worked.

Thanks

Dropknee
April 8th, 2007, 12:46 AM
I got a problem,, the script work great, but I install de CVS version and dont know why, but everytime I quit Amsn, I lost all my setting, and I need to set all again, any clue about this?

thx

Dropknee
April 8th, 2007, 01:56 AM
ok Fix it, I just use the clean command and reinstalling again and now work and all the setting keep in place.

Dropknee
April 10th, 2007, 01:05 AM
I got another problem, when I use the CVS version, dont know why but the Voice clip feature dont work, this show something like can´t find The Snack library.

splitsch
April 13th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Hello!
I translated this script in French (only the output, not the author comments).
For those interrested:
http://www.pastanque.be/splitsch/ubuntu/104/rendre-amsn-beau.html
Please, don't hésitate to help the translation.
Vuen, feel free to make a link from the original post to the article there.

Thanks

daemonicus
April 17th, 2007, 03:44 PM
does it work in debian etch??? it works like charm in Ubuntu but i have 1 more machine.Should i test it
????

dregin
April 19th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Just used this with CVS version and edgy and it worked perfectly.

Thanks a million :)

Kwunman
April 21st, 2007, 04:22 PM
Hey,

Would just like to thank and congratulate you on making such a useful script.

Works perfectly and I now have a decent looking amsn!

Thanks again

Kwun-man

Marsan
April 21st, 2007, 04:38 PM
Very nice script! The one thing i did wrong was to sudo the script..i had to go into the /home/user/.amsn/ - folder to make the rights to the user to make it work properly. BTW im in feisty, works like it did in edgy.

Arlanthir
April 21st, 2007, 04:58 PM
Confirmed, works 100% in feisty too =)
(btw, feisty rocks ma sox!)

Poka64
April 22nd, 2007, 01:39 AM
How do I change the script so it compiles the latest trunk?

Edit: I should have read the first post....

GoBieN
April 22nd, 2007, 05:18 PM
Normal mode fails for me on feisty:

Installing libtclstub8.5.a to /usr/local/lib/
Installing time zone data
application-specific initialization failed: too many nested evaluations (infinite loop?)
too many nested evaluations (infinite loop?)
while executing
"proc copyDir { d1 d2 } {

puts [format {%*sCreating %s} [expr { 4 * [info level] }] {} \
[file tail $d2]]

file delete -force -- $d2
..."
(file "/tmp/fixamsn.13076/tcl/unix/../tools/installData.tcl" line 23)
make: *** [install-tzdata] Fout 1

Now trying CVS

edit: CVS worked !

Bendill
April 23rd, 2007, 01:25 AM
Greetings,

I found your script through google and considering the comments it's promising, but I'm having some trouble.

libpng12-dev set to manual installed.

libxft-dev: Depends: libxft2 (= 2.1.12-1) but 2.1.12-1+turner4 is to be installed

I've tried most of what has been reccomended in the thread but to no avail...
Any suggestions?

EDIT: Found out that the packages from the subpixel font rendering fix I used ( http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=343670 ) are conflicting with packages that are being installed with the script.

EDIT2: FIXED! Fault caused by a "dirty" aptitude, cleaned it up and it worked like a charm!

amr2205
April 23rd, 2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks a lot! I've update my aMSN to 0.97 and works great! (a little bit slow when login in, but almost all MSN Messenger features work.) The integration with Gnome it's really good. Nice work!

Plauge
April 24th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Great script. Makes me happy when others do the thinking ;)

Princey
April 25th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Just wanted to know, does the fiesty version of amsn has anti anliasing? My eyes may be fooling mee.

Arlanthir
April 25th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Actually, I installed the script without even confirming amsn was still ugly =X Well, maybe next time!

GoBieN
April 25th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Just wanted to know, does the fiesty version of amsn has anti anliasing? My eyes may be fooling mee.

Hmm didn't try the official repo version, but the version that automatix installed was still ugly as hell.

Arlanthir
April 25th, 2007, 09:54 PM
I think the problem is with the Tcl/Tk version and not with amsn, correct me if I'm wrong.
So, the important thing to update would be Tcl/Tk. Let's hope for the beta to become stable and released =)

Princey
April 26th, 2007, 02:55 AM
Hmm didn't try the official repo version, but the version that automatix installed was still ugly as hell.

Automatix installs 0.95. The one I'm talking about is in the add/remove programs section and it installs 0.96

borahshadow
April 26th, 2007, 02:59 AM
it does not look ugly to me but I don't know (possibly my small resolution makes it look better or dows everyone use close to 1600X1200) right now i believe i'm one setp down because i have to sit far away from my monitor)

lcohen999
April 28th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Greetings,

I found your script through google and considering the comments it's promising, but I'm having some trouble.

libxft-dev: Depends: libxft2 (= 2.1.12-1) but 2.1.12-1+turner4 is to be installed

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Found out that the packages from the subpixel font rendering fix I used ( http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=343670 ) are conflicting with packages that are being installed with the script.

EDIT2: FIXED! Fault caused by a "dirty" aptitude, cleaned it up and it worked like a charm!

I have the same issue, how did you fix this?

embeemb
April 30th, 2007, 06:48 PM
This will probably come across as a very dumb question, but here goes anyway.

I'm using aMSN 0.97b currently on dapper. Will this script make it prettier still? I love aMSN but fonts are not to great still :/

Thanks anyway..

==[ VNMS1 ]==
May 1st, 2007, 05:22 AM
Oh wow! Hey thanks. I was about to lose my noob mind over the whole dependency trees that aMSN seemed to need and the fact that half the libs wouldn't compile properly. After using your script and watching it work, I'm happy to report a fully functioning aMSN. Thanks heaps for that.
:popcorn:

embeemb
May 1st, 2007, 11:50 AM
Works like a charm !! Thanks a bunch ! It downgraded aMSN to 0.96 but I LOVE the pretty pretty pretty fonts !!

magomago
May 3rd, 2007, 08:05 AM
getting TLS problems...i actually tried to install manually earlier and go through plenty of crap to fix it over at the amsn forums but i couldn't figure it out

i came here and found this

i installed normally...and got .96 and it was nice

i did it again for CVS and it worked....

but it complains about doing TLS alllllllll over again - I was able to compile it that far and get stuck at this...

anyone know how to fix thios? I'm afraid the crap i did earlier trying to figure out .97b from the amsn forums might have messed with things...is there a way to simply remove anythhing of or related to tls and reinstall it all? Or does the script just resinstall it all anyways?

patrickfromspain
May 3rd, 2007, 09:01 AM
for tls problem, try to install libssl0.9.7

Neo40
May 5th, 2007, 12:27 AM
I have the same issue, how did you fix this?

Greetings,

Any suggestions?

Same problem here. I tried

sudo aptitude clean
But doesnt work. I use the packages from the subpixel font rendering fix.

Tigge
May 8th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Yes the TLS issue is due to changes in the new version of Tcl/Tk. This problem can be solved by dowloading the source and built it yourself. This should be added to the script I think.

So.. download and build with:

./configure --with-tcl=/usr/local/lib --with-ssl-dir=/usr/
make

Copy:

* libtls1.50.so
* pkgIndex.tcl
* tls.tcl

To:

~/.amsn/plugins/tls1.50

And everything should run smoothly again. This is only needed for the CVS version.

Duncan_Idaho
May 9th, 2007, 03:35 AM
I asked this before, but nobody answer me =/
how do I change the sounds?
I mean I'd like to have the original aMSN's sounds instead of the *******-MSN sounds
I liked more the first :confused:
other than that, the script worked flawless

Lestat18th
May 13th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Simply Awesome Thanks! and it LOOKS great!

Footissimo
May 13th, 2007, 10:20 PM
To those who are having problems with the turner patch repo's and this script then there is an easy way around the problem...

Just remove the turner patch repos from /etc/apt/sources.list temporarily, do a sudo apt-get update, force the downgrade of libxft2, libfreetype6 and libcairo2 from the turner patch versions to the normal feisty versions (I was lazy and just used synaptic -> packages->force downgrade). Apply this script as per instructions, then add the turner patch repos again and sudo apt-get update and upgrade those three packages again =)

[ITA]ArgH
May 16th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Thank you very much!! Now it looks soooo good:guitar:

pickarooney
May 19th, 2007, 07:59 PM
This is one of the most beautiful things I've ever downloaded. How I hated the ugly fonts of AMSN and how I tore my hair out trying to fix them.

Thank you!

splitsch
May 20th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Hello!
One of my readers submited this bug report:

—————- diff Start ———————

— beau_amsn.sh-ori 2007-05-20 12:17:57.000000000 +0200
+++ beau_amsn.sh 2007-05-19 21:34:12.000000000 +0200
@@ -37,19 +37,18 @@
APTOPTIONS=”–assume-yes –option Dir::Etc::SourceList=$TEMPDIR/sources.list”

-function clean_up {
+clean_up() {
EXITVAL=$?
rm -rf $TEMPDIR
exit $EXITVAL
}

-function error_exit
-{
+error_exit(){
echo “ERREUR: $1″ 1>&2
clean_up
}

-trap clean_up SIGHUP SIGINT SIGTERM
+trap clean_up HUP INT TERM

#vérifie si l’option “clean” est entrée
if [ “$1″ = “clean” ]; then

———— diff end —————————-

I'm not a great coder ;) I don't know what it means, but maybe it could help some people who has trouble to install it !

Thanks

psychok7
May 20th, 2007, 01:13 PM
how do i remove EVERYTHING???

Princey
May 21st, 2007, 12:08 AM
I must say the new svn version works well and looks much better than previous releases and used this script to install the new version.

Vinnah
May 23rd, 2007, 10:33 AM
I seem to get this error upon starting the latest version of AMSN when using the lastest release (Via the CVS on the script)

vince@vince-desktop:~$ amsn
Error in startup script: extra characters after close-brace
while executing
"set command [list $self {expand}$Snit_optionInfo(configure-$option) $option]
"
(procedure "snit::RT.CacheConfigureCommand" line 36)
invoked from within
"snit::RT.CacheConfigureCommand $type $selfns $win $self $option"
(procedure "::snit::RT.method.configurelist" line 7)
invoked from within
"::snit::RT.method.configurelist $type $selfns $win $self $args"
(procedure "::snit::RT.method.configure" line 4)
invoked from within
"$self configure -width $arrow1width"
(procedure "::pixmapscrollbar::Snit_constructor" line 154)
invoked from within
"::pixmapscrollbar::Snit_constructor ::pixmapscrollbar ::pixmapscrollbar::Snit_inst1 .plugins_log.ys .plugins_log.ys -command {.plugins_log.info yview}"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval [linsert $arglist 0 ${type}::Snit_constructor $type $selfns $instance $instance]"
(procedure "RT.ConstructInstance" line 9)
invoked from within
"RT.ConstructInstance $type $selfns $name $args"
(procedure "::snit::RT.widget.typemethod.create" line 53)
invoked from within
"scrollbar $window.ys -command "$window.info yview""
(procedure "::pluginslog::draw" line 12)
invoked from within
"::pluginslog::draw"
invoked from within
::pluginslog::draw
}"
(file "pluginslog.tcl" line 210)
invoked from within
"source pluginslog.tcl"
("uplevel" body line 27)
invoked from within
"uplevel \#0 {

# amsncore.tcl is already loaded but we'll re-source it here in case we manually do reload_files
source amsncore.tcl
source audio.tc..."
invoked from within
"reload_files"
(file "/usr/bin/amsn" line 250)

yachi
May 24th, 2007, 04:08 AM
I seem to get this error upon starting the latest version of AMSN when using the lastest release (Via the CVS on the script)

vince@vince-desktop:~$ amsn
Error in startup script: extra characters after close-brace
while executing
"set command [list $self {expand}$Snit_optionInfo(configure-$option) $option]
"
(procedure "snit::RT.CacheConfigureCommand" line 36)
invoked from within
"snit::RT.CacheConfigureCommand $type $selfns $win $self $option"
(procedure "::snit::RT.method.configurelist" line 7)
invoked from within
"::snit::RT.method.configurelist $type $selfns $win $self $args"
(procedure "::snit::RT.method.configure" line 4)
invoked from within
"$self configure -width $arrow1width"
(procedure "::pixmapscrollbar::Snit_constructor" line 154)
invoked from within
"::pixmapscrollbar::Snit_constructor ::pixmapscrollbar ::pixmapscrollbar::Snit_inst1 .plugins_log.ys .plugins_log.ys -command {.plugins_log.info yview}"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval [linsert $arglist 0 ${type}::Snit_constructor $type $selfns $instance $instance]"
(procedure "RT.ConstructInstance" line 9)
invoked from within
"RT.ConstructInstance $type $selfns $name $args"
(procedure "::snit::RT.widget.typemethod.create" line 53)
invoked from within
"scrollbar $window.ys -command "$window.info yview""
(procedure "::pluginslog::draw" line 12)
invoked from within
"::pluginslog::draw"
invoked from within
::pluginslog::draw
}"
(file "pluginslog.tcl" line 210)
invoked from within
"source pluginslog.tcl"
("uplevel" body line 27)
invoked from within
"uplevel \#0 {

# amsncore.tcl is already loaded but we'll re-source it here in case we manually do reload_files
source amsncore.tcl
source audio.tc..."
invoked from within
"reload_files"
(file "/usr/bin/amsn" line 250)

the script worked great before :D, but i get this error now too...

iBART
May 25th, 2007, 10:37 PM
how do i remove EVERYTHING???

quote. i wanna do it to

iBART
May 26th, 2007, 03:45 PM
quote. i wanna do it to

up?

IppatsuMan
May 26th, 2007, 10:11 PM

It's due to an issue with tcl/tk 8.5a6 and previous versions (see http://amsn-project.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3366 for references). You need to use the CVS version of tcl/tk to use the svn version of aMSN, or if you don't want to update tcl/tk (which anyway fixes some nasty memory leaks), you can use the svn version revision 8757.

davo8
May 27th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Great mod bro!!!! Looks sweet as.

Big thnx to u from Teh Lin'hux Brovas!!!!!!!

Sycrat
May 27th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Yeah mate, thanks.
It looks awesome, my 56k connection took a while... but it was worth it :).
Thanks from Sycrat/Azzdawg of Teh Lin'hux Brova's

~Sycrat@ONYX

iGama
May 28th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Tcl/Tk 8.5a6 was released, you can update your script :)

morristhecat
May 30th, 2007, 01:44 AM
How do I reverse the script. I mean uninstall and undo everything it installed and did to the system... please... I think it messed up many of my gnome configuration... thanx a lot...

loathsome
May 30th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Hi,

How do I completely remove aMSN + all the files that this script creates?
Thanks.

loathsome
May 30th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Hi,

How do I completely remove aMSN + all the files that this script creates?
Thanks.

After a bit of research, it seems like the script has an «clean» option which works flawlessly. Just run
# ./script.sh clean (as root)

Thanks for a great script!

loathsome :KS

capink
June 2nd, 2007, 04:49 PM
Thank you Vuen for the great script.

I have one suggestion: instead of creating the file ~/.amsn/tclconfig fo every user on the system I tried to change the /usr/bin/amsn using the following command:

sudo sed --in-place 's_set libtls ""_set libtls "/usr/lib/tls1.50"_' /usr/bin/amsn

It worked for me and I think this maybe useful in multiuser system. Just thought to tell you if you want to test it and include it in your script.

Nevodeon
June 25th, 2007, 01:25 PM
works fine, looks beautiful, one little problem tho..
when I wanna do those voice clips, it doesn't work 'cuz I need some kind of Snack-library or something.. where can I get that, how can I get it, and how do I install it

I thank you very muts ;)

edit; another little problem.. pc's quite slow now.. and so is amsn.. Is this a "Reboot-and-problem-solved-problem" or do I have to use terminals... or is this just a bug, which can only be solved by destroying my pc (A)

Nevodeon
June 25th, 2007, 04:10 PM
anyone?

DerkStenv
June 27th, 2007, 04:14 PM
When I enter the TLS installation path in aMSN Preferences, it still can't find the installation. What is the exact path I should fill in?

Edit: Nevermind. Thanks for the great script!

Skrezium
June 28th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Woah. This is great!

Thank you so much, this script is truly amazing - simple and quick! =D

clikc
June 30th, 2007, 01:12 AM
even after running all of vuen's code in Term i'm still getting the same window

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g20/spartakus_42/Screenshot.png

now i relise its saying to install the TLS packet, but it wont install, threw that screen or if i go to the website and download/install said packet.

help?

beat
July 13th, 2007, 02:39 PM
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn/ is not working, therefore the cvs install won't work.

If you want the script to work with cvs replace the line 'svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn/ amsn || error_exit "Could not download aMSN source code."' with

'svn co https://amsn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn/ amsn || error_exit "Could not download aMSN source code."'

VortaX
July 13th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Thanks beat ;D

Princey
July 17th, 2007, 06:26 PM
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn/ is not working, therefore the cvs install won't work.

If you want the script to work with cvs replace the line 'svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn/ amsn || error_exit "Could not download aMSN source code."' with

'svn co https://amsn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn/ amsn || error_exit "Could not download aMSN source code."'

Still fails with the following message:

svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn...sn/trunk/amsn'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn...sn/trunk/amsn': 405 Method Not Allowed (https://amsn.svn.sourceforge.net)

Update: changed the line to read instead
svn co https://amsn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn// || error_exit "Could not download aMSN source code." worked then.

kaminix
July 17th, 2007, 10:08 PM
This is my output:

alex@hasokon:~$ sudo bash fixamsn.sh

Installing aMSN with Anti-Aliasing support.
-- Source tarball mode: Tcl/Tk 8.5a6 and aMSN 0.97RC1 will be installed.

Get:1 http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security Release.gpg [191B]
Ign http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/main Translation-en_US
Ign http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/restricted Translation-en_US
Ign http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/universe Translation-en_US
Ign http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/multiverse Translation-en_US
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security Release
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/main Packages
Get:2 http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty Release.gpg [191B]
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/main Translation-en_US
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/restricted Packages
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/universe Packages
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/multiverse Packages
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/main Sources
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/restricted Sources
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/universe Sources
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/multiverse Sources
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/restricted Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/universe Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/multiverse Translation-en_US
Get:3 http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates Release.gpg [191B]
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/main Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/restricted Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/universe Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/multiverse Translation-en_US
Get:4 http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports Release.gpg [191B]
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/main Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/restricted Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/universe Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/multiverse Translation-en_US
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty Release
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates Release
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports Release
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/main Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/restricted Packages
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/universe Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/multiverse Packages
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/main Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/restricted Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/universe Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/multiverse Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/main Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/restricted Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/universe Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/multiverse Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/main Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/restricted Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/universe Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/multiverse Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/main Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/restricted Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/universe Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/multiverse Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/main Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/restricted Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/universe Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/multiverse Sources
Get:5 http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/universe Packages [4912kB]
Get:6 http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/main Sources [385kB]
99% [5 Packages gzip 0]
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
Err http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/universe Packages
Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)
99% [6 Sources gzip 0]
Err http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/main Sources
Fetched 6B in 2s (2B/s)
Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty/universe/binary-i386/Packages.gz Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)
Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty/main/source/Sources.gz Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
Building dependency tree
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
Building dependency tree
Building dependency tree
E: Could not open file /var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_feisty_main_source _Sources - open (2 No such file or directory)

Any ideas? The /var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_feisty_main_source _Sources - open part seems kind of strange...

Entwine
July 26th, 2007, 02:43 AM
This is my output:

alex@hasokon:~$ sudo bash fixamsn.sh

Installing aMSN with Anti-Aliasing support.
-- Source tarball mode: Tcl/Tk 8.5a6 and aMSN 0.97RC1 will be installed.

Get:1 http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security Release.gpg [191B]
Ign http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/main Translation-en_US
Ign http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/restricted Translation-en_US
Ign http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/universe Translation-en_US
Ign http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/multiverse Translation-en_US
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security Release
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/main Packages
Get:2 http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty Release.gpg [191B]
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/main Translation-en_US
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/restricted Packages
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/universe Packages
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/multiverse Packages
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/main Sources
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/restricted Sources
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/universe Sources
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com feisty-security/multiverse Sources
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/restricted Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/universe Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/multiverse Translation-en_US
Get:3 http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates Release.gpg [191B]
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/main Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/restricted Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/universe Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/multiverse Translation-en_US
Get:4 http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports Release.gpg [191B]
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/main Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/restricted Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/universe Translation-en_US
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/multiverse Translation-en_US
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty Release
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates Release
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports Release
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/main Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/restricted Packages
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/universe Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/multiverse Packages
Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/main Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/restricted Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/universe Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/multiverse Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/main Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/restricted Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/universe Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/multiverse Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/main Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/restricted Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/universe Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-updates/multiverse Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/main Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/restricted Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/universe Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/multiverse Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/main Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/restricted Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/universe Sources
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty-backports/multiverse Sources
Get:5 http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/universe Packages [4912kB]
Get:6 http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/main Sources [385kB]
99% [5 Packages gzip 0]
Err http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/universe Packages
99% [6 Sources gzip 0]
Err http://archive.ubuntu.com feisty/main Sources
Fetched 6B in 2s (2B/s)
Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty/universe/binary-i386/Packages.gz Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)
Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty/main/source/Sources.gz Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
Building dependency tree
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
Building dependency tree
Building dependency tree
E: Could not open file /var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_feisty_main_source _Sources - open (2 No such file or directory)

Any ideas? The /var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_feisty_main_source _Sources - open part seems kind of strange...

me to this problem

pikul
August 2nd, 2007, 07:37 AM
It look's really nice, but what's with the massive code ??? jajajajaja and it download a lot to, but looks really nice, just like it looks on windows :)

Theimon
August 2nd, 2007, 09:42 PM
Brilliant. What a difference. Many thanks to you, it looks so much better now.

siralphred
August 4th, 2007, 01:57 AM
both replacements did not work for me, had to replace it with svn co https://amsn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn

Theimon
August 11th, 2007, 05:29 PM
One thing tho, I've been running this new Amsn now for a while and just for fun I took a look at the System monitor. Amsn took up approx. 500MB memory.
Memory hog? Memory leak? Anyone familiar with this?

nickmeet
August 13th, 2007, 04:39 AM
both replacements did not work for me, had to replace it with svn co https://amsn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn

I agree. The script should be modified

DaeDaLuS_015
August 13th, 2007, 07:30 PM
worked perfectly for me first time, good work that man.

beow
August 14th, 2007, 01:35 PM
The script ran without problems. However when I start aMSN all fonts are very tiny. In fact it is not possible to see anything, it's like they are 1 px high or something.

Desperately needing some tips on this so my daughter stop nagging about ******* msn....

cgrijalba
August 15th, 2007, 12:57 AM
mae pura vida por el script ahora si se ve genial

LuisC-SM
August 19th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Oh man....

Thanks a lot!!!!

Fonts and everything is just fantastic now !!!

(even tho they are very thiny it is ok for me... in fact, I love this size.

Kind regards.

PS. Now my wife has returned to Ubuntu :guitar:

modzer0
August 27th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I have been using this script for a while now, updating when necessary. The latest version, however, would not work for me. It would die while building TCL with the following:

gcc -shared -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wl,--export-dynamic -o libtcl8.5.so regcomp.o regexec.o regfree.o regerror.o tclAlloc.o tclAsync.o tclBasic.o tclBinary.o tclCkalloc.o tclClock.o tclCmdAH.o tclCmdIL.o tclCmdMZ.o tclCompCmds.o tclCompExpr.o tclCompile.o tclConfig.o tclDate.o tclDictObj.o tclEncoding.o tclEnv.o tclEvent.o tclExecute.o tclFCmd.o tclFileName.o tclGet.o tclHash.o tclHistory.o tclIndexObj.o tclInterp.o tclIO.o tclIOCmd.o tclIORChan.o tclIOGT.o tclIOSock.o tclIOUtil.o tclLink.o tclListObj.o tclLiteral.o tclLoad.o tclMain.o tclMathOp.o tclNamesp.o tclNotify.o tclObj.o tclPanic.o tclParse.o tclPathObj.o tclPipe.o tclPkg.o tclPkgConfig.o tclPosixStr.o tclPreserve.o tclProc.o tclRegexp.o tclResolve.o tclResult.o tclScan.o tclStringObj.o tclStrToD.o tclThread.o tclThreadAlloc.o tclThreadJoin.o tclThreadStorage.o tclStubInit.o tclStubLib.o tclTimer.o tclTrace.o tclUtf.o tclUtil.o tclVar.o tclTomMathInterface.o bncore.o bn_reverse.o bn_fast_s_mp_mul_digs.o bn_fast_s_mp_sqr.o bn_mp_add.o bn_mp_and.o bn_mp_add_d.o bn_mp_clamp.o bn_mp_clear.o bn_mp_clear_multi.o bn_mp_cmp.o bn_mp_cmp_d.o bn_mp_cmp_mag.o bn_mp_copy.o bn_mp_count_bits.o bn_mp_div.o bn_mp_div_d.o bn_mp_div_2.o bn_mp_div_2d.o bn_mp_div_3.o bn_mp_exch.o bn_mp_expt_d.o bn_mp_grow.o bn_mp_init.o bn_mp_init_copy.o bn_mp_init_multi.o bn_mp_init_set.o bn_mp_init_size.o bn_mp_karatsuba_mul.o bn_mp_karatsuba_sqr.o bn_mp_lshd.o bn_mp_mod.o bn_mp_mod_2d.o bn_mp_mul.o bn_mp_mul_2.o bn_mp_mul_2d.o bn_mp_mul_d.o bn_mp_neg.o bn_mp_or.o bn_mp_radix_size.o bn_mp_radix_smap.o bn_mp_read_radix.o bn_mp_rshd.o bn_mp_set.o bn_mp_shrink.o bn_mp_sqr.o bn_mp_sqrt.o bn_mp_sub.o bn_mp_sub_d.o bn_mp_to_unsigned_bin.o bn_mp_to_unsigned_bin_n.o bn_mp_toom_mul.o bn_mp_toom_sqr.o bn_mp_toradix_n.o bn_mp_unsigned_bin_size.o bn_mp_xor.o bn_mp_zero.o bn_s_mp_add.o bn_s_mp_mul_digs.o bn_s_mp_sqr.o bn_s_mp_sub.o tclUnixChan.o tclUnixEvent.o tclUnixFCmd.o tclUnixFile.o tclUnixPipe.o tclUnixSock.o tclUnixTime.o tclUnixInit.o tclUnixThrd.o tclUnixCompat.o tclUnixNotfy.o memcmp.o strstr.o strtoul.o strtod.o fixstrtod.o tclLoadDl.o -ldl -lpthread -lieee -lm -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib
fixstrtod.o: In function `fixstrtod':
/tmp/fixamsn.12190/tcl/unix/../compat/fixstrtod.c:31: multiple definition of `fixstrtod'
strtod.o:/tmp/fixamsn.12190/tcl/unix/../compat/strtod.c:79: first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `fixstrtod' changed from 746 in strtod.o to 78 in fixstrtod.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libtcl8.5.so] Error 1

After a lot of searching and finding nothing, I resorted to trying to compile TCL manually to see what the problem might be. In the end, I discovered that this error occurred if configure was run with --enable-64bit. I removed this option from fixamsn.sh and then it all installed fine and I'm now running the latest amsn that this script was meant to install.

Not sure why this happened, as the script is supposed to work with either 32 or 64-bit. I'm running a 64-bit processor (Athlon 64 X2 3800) but with 32-bit Feisty (i386, NOT amd64). Not sure if anyone else has run into this problem, but I thought I'd report my experience.

jcraveiro
September 11th, 2007, 12:01 AM
The latest version of the script does not work; in line 153, you should replace:

svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn/ amsn || error_exit "Could not download aMSN source code."

with

svn co https://amsn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn/ amsn || error_exit "Could not download aMSN source code."

koleoptero
September 11th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Thank you! Just thank you. :)

Pikestaff
September 12th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Huge thanks, this script made me switch back to aMSN again, I didn't use it for a long time because of the ugly fonts. Thank you!

Poka64
September 13th, 2007, 01:24 PM
I'm getting this error when I try to run Amsn compiled with the cvs version

http://static.pici.se/pictures/rqVUJURsE.png

drdnl
September 13th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Getting the same error as above, does anyone have a solution?

alqualond
September 14th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks a lot for the script! It worked fine for me, and aMSN looks great, including greek fonts.

kolslorr
September 26th, 2007, 04:20 PM
hey, i like the screenshot, but i have this error while running...

Need to get 12.4MB of archives.
After unpacking 33.2MB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
gawk x11proto-core-dev libice-dev libsm-dev libxau-dev libxdmcp-dev x11proto-input-dev x11proto-kb-dev xtrans-dev libx11-dev libxt-dev diffstat
libjpeg62-dev zlib1g-dev libpng12-dev quilt tcl8.4-dev tk8.4-dev
E: There are problems and -y was used without --force-yes
E: Failed to process build dependencies

Any idea?

Thanks!

Princey
September 27th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Try installing the build dependencies first through synaptic.

bigken
September 27th, 2007, 01:18 PM
worked a treat for me cheers :)

kolslorr
September 27th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Try installing the build dependencies first through synaptic.

Thanks, i get through it by fixing all the errors in my source list...

The installation went smoothly, and i managed to get it working great!

however, I still have some issues... on starting the AMSN now... the CPU will be 100% for like 5 minutes until AMSN is fully loaded.... this doesnt happened when I was using the older version in repository...

Another problem is that i lost sound AGAIN... aplay doesnt work, and the snack library i installed 2 days ago failed too... :(:(:(

go_dragons
October 4th, 2007, 05:00 AM
First I would like to thank you for the script. I had installed amsn through apt previously and had eventually removed it because I thought it would be too much trouble to fix all of its asthetic problems. Still, amsn has the best support for the MSN network I know of so when I saw this script I decided to try again. This script helped me to get a working and deicent looking program. This is probably better than I could have done after hours of tweaking - but I'm afraid I'm only about 99% satisfied.

There is only one problem I have come across that I have not been able to figure out so I am looking to the forums. I tried to install a couple of skins and plugins to complete the package look and feel I am looking for. I downloaded them from amsn-project.net and put them into the appropriate folder. Skins work perfectly as they should, but plugins only work until I close the program. When I restart the program I have to manually reload the plugins.

I assume that by 'loading' the plugins I am just configuring a text file or one of the xml files but I have not for the life of me been able to figure out where I need to look. Every other setting and option will keep its status after I close the program so the issue applies only to loading new plugins. Can someone help me? Thanks.

ps. While trying to load the chameleon plugin I get this error
Plugins System: Can't initialize plugin:init procedure caused an internal error

While this does bother me some I can live without it.

Phlogiston
October 5th, 2007, 05:01 PM
thanks

X3n0n
October 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM
While trying to load the chameleon plugin I get this error
Plugins System: Can't initialize plugin:init procedure caused an internal error

I have the same problem...I tried to compile tile again but this time I get many errors and can't complete the procedure. I assume that the packages that are installed through the script conflict with tile...

koleoptero
October 12th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Worked for me. Thanks a really lot! :D

Thug
October 12th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Hi all!

I've always used this script for amsn.

This time i have a problem

svn: richiesta PROPFIND fallita su '/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn'
svn: PROPFIND di '/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn': Could not resolve hostname `svn.sourceforge.net': Host non trovato (https://svn.sourceforge.net)

What does it mean?

The distro is ubuntu gutsy rc1
Thanks for help

Bye!

LuisC-SM
October 13th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Whether the host name has changed or it was not available when you executed the script (which is my guess)
Under xubuntu 6.06 dapper I just made it work (without changes)
Cheers

HumanAnarchist
October 16th, 2007, 11:00 PM
if you got tls problems, look at this page:

http://www.amsn-project.net/wiki/TLS

-ha-

Dropknee
October 20th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I modified the script to install the svn because the server in the script, simply don´t response.

right click the scrip and use the ¨open with text editor¨

Search this line in the script:

#amsn trunk
svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn/ amsn || error_exit "Could not download aMSN source code."

and change it to this:

#amsn trunk
svn co https://amsn.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn/ amsn || error_exit "Could not download aMSN source code."
else

Save change, and use the script again, now you can install the SVN version without problem, maybe the server need to accept the certificate, I use the permanent option.

I hope this help.

LuisC-SM
October 20th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I modified the script to install the svn because the server in the script, simply don´t response.

Thanks !!! :) I'll tryit tonight

k3pp0
October 22nd, 2007, 06:36 PM
works like a charm!
Thanks!

anarchypower
October 22nd, 2007, 07:18 PM
Works perfect.
Thank you a lot :)

budde
October 23rd, 2007, 04:07 PM
i love you forever. works perfectly.

djimel
October 23rd, 2007, 09:56 PM
merci beaucoup pour cette aide précieuse... apès avoir galéré un bon moment tout fonctionne
Bravo !

Cochise
October 28th, 2007, 06:41 AM
You Sir are a god, thank you very much

brickuz
October 29th, 2007, 12:05 AM
That was easy even for a beginner in Linux and it worked like a charm! Thanks a lot!

snide
October 30th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Awesome.... sooooo yes!!!!!!

Ed Banger
October 30th, 2007, 04:25 PM
muchos thx, making it much easier for rookies ;)

Scimu
October 31st, 2007, 02:03 PM
Brilliant! Thank you very very much.. Been trying to get AA to work for a bit :D

blue212
November 4th, 2007, 03:10 AM
OMG it's so beautiful!!
Script works perfect

Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy

to get sound to work I had to go into Account->Preferences->Other
and change the sound server to

aplay $sound

mdpalow
November 4th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Beautiful !

Great script...

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

jav_
November 4th, 2007, 08:48 PM
wow it looks so much better, thanks!

Thies
November 7th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Hi!
The script works fine ... many thanks for that! Still had some problems with TLS when starting aMSN ("Couldn't get http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/amsn/tls-1.5.0-linux-x86.tar.gz").

This solved my problems (from Automatix forum (http://www.getautomatix.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1182"")):

wget http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/amsn/tls-1.5.0-linux-x86.tar.gz

tar xvzf tls-1.5.0-linux-x86.tar.gz

sudo cp -f ~/tls1.50/* /usr/lib/tls1.50/

Restart aMSN and this works! :)

tomtity123
November 27th, 2007, 01:35 PM
works perfect
thanks very much

yomeh
November 29th, 2007, 02:51 AM
this works for me but doesnt remove blue border around the contacts can anyone help?

thanks for the script

Daniel15
November 30th, 2007, 07:41 AM
The "cvs" option does not work properly at the moment. To fix it, find:

And replace it with:

That should fix it :)

vw_crazy
December 4th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Just wanted to say thanks... worked fine for me!
:)

ilyasyildirim
December 8th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Great script! Thanks a lot.:)

iGama
December 9th, 2007, 06:06 PM
The script should be updated to use TCL and TK beta3 (b3) instead of Alpha6 (a6)

:)

rev0x
December 18th, 2007, 06:18 PM
yeah nice! thanks a lot :)

paranoidchampion
December 19th, 2007, 11:12 PM
I love you! The god damn ugliness of aMSN was driving me insane! I'd be searching on the net, asking in forumns here, there and everywhere but to no avail. Finally i find this post, and all I can say is wow! It's finally sorted out! Mmmmmm tasty!

olskar
December 28th, 2007, 08:49 AM
0.97 is now released! Will it be installed if I use this script?

phissen
December 28th, 2007, 01:22 PM
great script! thank you :) works perfectly :D

OffHand
December 28th, 2007, 03:20 PM
0.97 is now released! Will it be installed if I use this script?

No, but I changed the script so it will download the latest release. Feel free to use it.

speedcore
December 29th, 2007, 12:09 PM
This will install the latest version of amsn, tested ;)

jav_
December 29th, 2007, 02:26 PM
yep..it works with the new version..thanks

rico1981
January 5th, 2008, 08:52 AM
thank you for this script.
I just tested it on a Ubuntu 7.10 AMD64 machine and it works like a charm!

pjalegria
January 5th, 2008, 11:45 PM
If why want to unistall this, who can i do it????

wheredidrealitygo
January 6th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the script, works great!

embeemb
January 7th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I got a bit of a problem with running the script. I know it's probably something wrong at my end, however I don't know how to fix it.

When running the script, I get this error:

E: Could not open file /var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_edgy_main_source_S ources - open (2 No such file or directory)

Any tips would be excellent! Thanks.

MockY
January 9th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Worked perfectly for me.

Thank you!

vervelover
January 9th, 2008, 10:16 AM
How do I uninstall it?

OffHand
January 9th, 2008, 10:25 AM
How do I uninstall it?

read the instructions in post 1

vervelover
January 9th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Thanks, I should've read more carefully..

One more thing: after using the latest script that installs amsn 0.97 stable, I can't use the snack library anymore.. Do you know why?

OffHand
January 9th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks, I should've read more carefully..

One more thing: after using the latest script that installs amsn 0.97 stable, I can't use the snack library anymore.. Do you know why?

I don't know. But why would you go back to the build from the official repositories? It's old and ugly.

vervelover
January 9th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I don't know. But why would you go back to the build from the official repositories? It's old and ugly.

I wouldn' t go back, but if I can't solve this problem with libsnack I will probably look for another script, or maybe clean everything up and run this script again.. So my guess after reading the notes in post #1 is that I need to run something like:

sudo clean amsn

or:

sudo make clean amsn

to uninstall, right?

EDIT:

I found the way to uninstall:

bash fixamsn.sh clean

OffHand
January 9th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Not sure but I think it is:

bash fixamsn.sh clean

galvheim
January 9th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Really great stuff! Bookmarked this for keeps if I one day must upgrade or reinstall.

Nice Work!

I also got the englis version! Much better for me!

Pablopcv
January 13th, 2008, 02:10 AM
I get stuck with this

Resolving easynews.dl.sourceforge.net... 38.97.225.135
Connecting to easynews.dl.sourceforge.net|38.97.225.135|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
19:02:27 ERROR 404: Not Found.

ERROR: Could not download Tk source code.

anyone help?
thank you

wheredidrealitygo
January 13th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I get stuck with this

Code:

Resolving easynews.dl.sourceforge.net... 38.97.225.135
Connecting to easynews.dl.sourceforge.net|38.97.225.135|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
19:02:27 ERROR 404: Not Found.

ERROR: Could not download Tk source code.

anyone help?
thank you

That's actually a problem with the sourceforge server, not with anything the script is doing wrong.

I've had a few problems with the sourceforge servers myself at different points, you kind of just have to keep trying and hope they bring their servers back up. You can always manually edit the script and change the server it's connecting to if you can find the url of another sourceforge mirror.

miceagol
January 13th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Getting the following error when launching aMSN?

You can't load
TkCximage, this is needed to run aMSN. Please compile amsn first, instructions on
how to compile are located in the file INSTALL

Then you may need to do this:

sudo ln -sf /usr/local/bin/tclsh8.4 /usr/local/bin/tclsh
sudo ln -sf /usr/local/bin/wish8.4 /usr/local/bin/wish

Replace 8.4 with 8.5 if you have Tcl/Tk ver. 8.5. Check what you have with

ls -l /usr/local/bin/tclsh*
ls -l /usr/local/bin/wish*

I also had some problems with conflicting amsn launch scripts in different bin folders, but that may not apply to you.

LuisC-SM
January 13th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Hi.
In this page (http://www.amsn-project.net/linux-downloads.php) you will find a DEB package for Ubuntu for the final aMSN version (0.97)
Good luck
Luis

xpionage
January 16th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Greetings everyone.

I installed this in my ubuntu on vmware and it worked fine but now in my fresh installation on my laptop it gives me this error:

Building Tree of Dependencies
Reading state information ... Ready
The extended read information from state
Initializing the states of the packages ... Ready
Creating a database of labels ... Ready
The Reading Lists Package ... Ready
Building Tree of Dependencies
Reading state information ... Ready
E: Unable to satisfy dependencies to compile for tcl8.4.

embeemb
January 16th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Last time I tried running this script, it didn't work without glitches. However what worked for me is install the deb packages for tcl, tk & tcltls. I got the 8.5 versions right away. No need to install 8.4 then 8.5 as the script does.

Get the three deb packages from here (http://in.solit.us/users/public/patrickfromspain). It has tk 8.5, tcl 8.5 and tcltls 1.5.

Hope that helps.

xpionage
January 16th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Last time I tried running this script, it didn't work without glitches. However what worked for me is install the deb packages for tcl, tk & tcltls. I got the 8.5 versions right away. No need to install 8.4 then 8.5 as the script does.

Get the three deb packages from here (http://in.solit.us/users/public/patrickfromspain). It has tk 8.5, tcl 8.5 and tcltls 1.5.

Hope that helps.

Thanks dude :-D I will try that as soon as I can :-D

xpionage
January 16th, 2008, 04:19 PM
embeemb when i try to install the deb's i always get this error:

Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: tcl8.5

I get this error in all the deb's :\

embeemb
January 16th, 2008, 04:47 PM
You need to figure out which of the dependencies you have and which need to be installed.

In a terminal run:

dpkg-deb -I filename

The result will show you the dependencies of the package you're trying to install.

sudo apt-get install missingpackages

And you should be ready. Hope that helps.

xpionage
January 16th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Finally installed this :-D

I did what you said but the thing is that i was installing the wrong deb's, there are 2 types, but only 1 deb say that is for gutsy, i was installing the others :P

Thanks for the help embeemb:KS:KS:KS:KS:KS to you:grin:

embeemb
January 16th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Heh. Glad you got it working! :)

benjaminzsj
January 23rd, 2008, 04:41 AM
Great script, thanks!

whashnez
January 24th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks dude!!!!It rocked!!!!:guitar

probey
January 27th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I just moved from vista to ubuntu 7.10 couple days ago and found this amazing script. I ran this script with the supplied instructions and it worked like a charm, upgraded amsn and enabled anti-aliasing automatically without any error!!!

Thanks for sharing this amazing script!!!

Santo_3
January 28th, 2008, 07:44 PM
will it work on kubuntu?7.10!
thx:)

Santo_3
January 28th, 2008, 07:51 PM
It did work!
Thx
ppl like you make the difference!
thxxxxxxxxxxxxx

arang
January 29th, 2008, 05:13 AM
anyone could fix this script? cos it tries to get this file from here

http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/amsn/Ubuntu-1.0b.tar.gz

but the site is like dead? and the thing stays waiting for a time out

so could the maintainer add a mirror or something?

joao82
January 31st, 2008, 03:28 PM
thanks, it worked just fine. now i have "the" latest amsn running on ubuntu gutsy.
but... it had to download over 60Mb of data and changed my download servers from archive.ubuntu.com to pt.archive.ubuntu.com and added the cdrom to my software sources. ok, it changed it to the country where I live, but I prefer it the way I had it.
that was a very extensive update, but it gets the job done.

Victormd
February 1st, 2008, 03:38 AM
thank you, thank you, thank you!
Great script!!!

Morgan86
February 1st, 2008, 11:20 PM
Great work man, thank you very much!
:guitar:

Bad_Byte
February 5th, 2008, 09:44 AM
@ Vuen

Thank you =)

benevolent
February 7th, 2008, 07:13 PM
THANKS A LOT MAN!!!!

this script fixed my font problem.....

:) :) :)

gladstone
February 10th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Quick and easy, aMSN looks great and is usable now.

Thanks

Krafturinn
February 10th, 2008, 03:04 PM
thanks alot my amsn is much better now :)):P:cool:

itsjustarumour
February 14th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks a lot for the script - after over 2 years of trouble I finally have my final issue with aMSN solved! :-D

The first time I ran the script, I did get a weird error message about Python and 8.4 something or other not yet being configured, which I suspect was caused by an aborted installation of PyChess last week. So I uninstalled 8.4 and also aMSN for good measure, and second time around everything worked like a dream! :-D

schumi3006
February 16th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Superb script, worked like a charm. Cheers, mate!!

PiggiePaul
February 17th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Hi, Just wanted to make 100% sure before I try this.
I've just today installed aMSN 0.97 from the GetDeb site.

All it's all working fine (apart from horrid fonts)

Should I use your script on page 1 of this LONG Thread.
Or should I use the one you posted in Posting # 195 of this thread?

Don't want to screw things up by running the wrong version?

Oh and I'm using Ubuntu 7.1 gutsy.

Thanks.

============ EDIT==============

Well, I could not bare to wait any longer, so ran your script (as instructed) in your 1st post.

Superb, Excellent, Fantastic.

All ran through perfectly without any glitches or errors.

I was holding my breath watching the mountains of text and commands going by. Thinking to myself, this looks like Nuclear Physics to just fix a Pimple!
But, the result was well worth it.

aMSN looks So Much Better now.

Many thanks, and well done :)

stathis21
February 20th, 2008, 04:07 PM
last time i tried to install your script i had this problem...(and people,not only me)...
it tells me
E: Build-Depends εξαρτήσεις για το amsn δεν ικανοποιούνται επειδή το πακέτο tk8.5-dev δεν βρέθηκε
some of these words are greek...
it tells me that it cannot find tk8.5-dev packet and it stops the installation...

Nano-rus
February 20th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I got that exact same problem. Anyone know what's wrong?

Falcuzzo
February 21st, 2008, 06:14 PM
same problem here: no tk8.5-dev ERROR: Could not install build dependencies.

embeemb
February 21st, 2008, 06:23 PM
Download Tk8.5-dev from here (http://in.solit.us/archives/show/118166).

Then navigate to the directory where you downloaded it - eg Desktop and proceed as follows:

cd ~/Desktop
sudo dpkg -i package-name.deb

This will install tk8.5-dev on your system. Run the script normally afterwards & you should be good to go..

Falcuzzo
February 22nd, 2008, 09:28 AM
doesn't work your solution, errors depackaging tk8.5

rickrob
February 22nd, 2008, 05:20 PM
Hi im very new to ubuntu,2 weeks.Keep getting this when i try to install the script.E: Build-Depends dependency for amsn cannot be satisfied because the package tk8.5-dev cannot be found

embeemb
February 22nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
doesn't work your solution, errors depackaging tk8.5
What kind of error are you gettin when attempting to depackage tk8.5-dev ?

carlosjuliopr
February 23rd, 2008, 04:38 AM
hi
1st of all thanks a lot for such a wonderful script, it makes life easy for a lot of people. :-)

that said i have a little problem when running the script it says:

E: Build-Depends dependency for amsn cannot be satisfied because the package tk8.5-dev cannot be found

i was wandering what went wrong :-(

thanks ! ! !

carlosjuliopr
February 23rd, 2008, 04:49 AM
mine says:

(Reading database ... 113244 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace tk8.5-dev 8.5.0-1 (using tk8.5-dev_8.5.0-1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement tk8.5-dev ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of tk8.5-dev:
tk8.5-dev depends on tcl8.5-dev (>= 0.b3); however:
Package tcl8.5-dev is not installed.
tk8.5-dev depends on tk8.5 (= 8.5.0-1); however:
Package tk8.5 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing tk8.5-dev (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
tk8.5-dev

embeemb
February 23rd, 2008, 12:28 PM
Okay, I'm not too sure what's the mess up, but from the messages you're getting, you gotta install Tcl8.5 and Tk8.5 first before running the script. I know it's not supposed to go that way, but give it a try. It might work out for you.

Get the Tcl8.5 (http://in.solit.us/archives/download/114664), Tk8.5 (http://in.solit.us/archives/show/113979)and Tcltls8.5 (http://in.solit.us/archives/show/115681) deb packages and install them in that particular order.

Then try & run the script again..

Falcuzzo
February 23rd, 2008, 06:41 PM
i've solved installing Tcl 8.5, Tk 8.5 & Tls 1.5.0 and amsn from http://in.solit.us/users/public/patrickfromspain

I suppose there's a problem in tk8.5 svn. May be in few days the script will work again

Arlanthir
February 24th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Tcl 8.5 updated in my box, along with amsn!
Is this because of the script? I ran ./fixamsn.sh clean and then installed the amsn from the repos and it's all nice!

Could someone confirm that the default is now always anti-aliased?

IGNIZ
February 24th, 2008, 01:30 PM
mine says:

(Reading database ... 113244 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace tk8.5-dev 8.5.0-1 (using tk8.5-dev_8.5.0-1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement tk8.5-dev ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of tk8.5-dev:
tk8.5-dev depends on tcl8.5-dev (>= 0.b3); however:
Package tcl8.5-dev is not installed.
tk8.5-dev depends on tk8.5 (= 8.5.0-1); however:
Package tk8.5 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing tk8.5-dev (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
tk8.5-dev

just uninstall previous amsn installation files and tcl and tk every version you have. i had same problem

HumanAnarchist
February 25th, 2008, 05:49 PM
fsck, "fixamsn.sh clean" deleted my .amsn/ dir, with all my logs, webcam logs, smilies ++++ FSCK!!!111one :(

bad fixamsn.sh, bad bad bad

At least rename the dir or just move it to tmp.... (yes i know it's a warning about it)