PDA

View Full Version : Backports.ubuntuforums.org server flakey

keyshawn
April 25th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Hey,

I'd just like let you know, the backports.ubuntuforums.org was acting VERY slow for me today, it either was getting that pkg's at 15 kb/sec TOPS; or reported that "remote end closed connection"

Maybe the server was getting flooded after coming back up...Ahh well, thanks for the work the backports forum puts in !

regards,
skora.

ubuntu-geek
April 25th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Hey,

I'd just like let you know, the backports.ubuntuforums.org was acting VERY slow for me today, it either was getting that pkg's at 15 kb/sec TOPS; or reported that "remote end closed connection"

Maybe the server was getting flooded after coming back up...Ahh well, thanks for the work the backports forum puts in !

regards,
skora.
We are testing some stuff. :)

jdong
April 26th, 2005, 02:49 AM
We were coming up with an action plan if Backports was to hit the 1000GB monthly bandwidth quota.... A pretty realistic situation.

Sorry for the interruptions.

keyshawn
April 27th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the prompt response. We [the end users] would appreciate it if the mod's would post a small sticky when they would be doing interruptions, if it isn't asking too much..

Regards,
skora.

jdong
April 27th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Sorry -- I was unaware of the traffic shaping work in progress...

We burn off 15GB a day on average, and we have a monthly 1000GB cap. We're just trying to prevent a big downtime at the end of every month ;)