PDA

View Full Version : can't start car because of the security system

hanzj
November 10th, 2006, 07:03 AM
how do i bypass the alarm security in my new used car? After car battery died, we jumped the car, but that activated the car security, which was off before the battery died.

I have only a car key, and no remote control buttons/clicker.

On the horn/speaker of the security system is "AS-9033"

Polygon
November 10th, 2006, 07:04 AM
i would try contacting a local dealer and see what they suggest, or google, cause i dont think that deactivating your cars security is very smart, and even if you do then your car is unprotected....

Patrick K.
November 10th, 2006, 07:15 AM
i would try contacting a local dealer and see what they suggest, or google, cause i dont think that deactivating your cars security is very smart, and even if you do then your car is unprotected....

YEAH! It could catch a virus and crash causing a 12 car pile up!

Computer/Auto humor.

slimdog360
November 10th, 2006, 08:40 AM
call AAA? cut the wires to the horn? I dont understand what your problem is exactly.

hanzj
November 10th, 2006, 01:41 PM
We've disconnected the horn wiring, thus disabling the active part of the security. But the passive part of the security, the immobilization of the car (can't start), is still enabled.

slimdog360
November 10th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Was it supposed to come with a remote? if so, you can probably pick one up from tandy or something.

d3v1ant_0n3
November 10th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I'd get in touch with the person/dealer who sold you the car and find out what they used to activate/deactivate the security. And then tell them to give you the remote thingy.

Jiganto
November 10th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Same thing happened to a guy I used to work with when I jumped his car. He didn't have the remote to shut it off, but for some reason it turned off on its own after going for about a minute.

Try pulling the fuses for it if it doesn't shut off on its own.

Also, you can pull the battery out, replace it or recharge it outside the car and then put it back in, that might help you.

siimo
November 10th, 2006, 09:02 PM
if its a Honda then even when you don't have the remote you should be able to turn off the immobilizer by just turning the key in the ignition and a little immobilizer icon will flash in the dashboard indicating its the correct key and the alarm and immobilizer will be de-activated and you will be able to drive home.

this feature exists in case you are in the middle of nowhere and your remote battery dies you will still be able to get home and then get the batteries replaced at your convinience.

learning
November 10th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Find the module that controls the security system and take it out!

ahaslam
November 10th, 2006, 09:15 PM
If it's an aftermarket system on an older car, it'll most likely be spliced into the wiring loom at a convenient location (such as the rear of the main fuse box). Once the fuse box (and possibly a small amount of dash) is removed, the connections should be pretty obvious. I'd feel inclined to chop them, leaving enough length each side to crimp/solder back up (labelling also helps as there will be a few of the same colour). Removing an aftermarket immobiliser is quite simple, just time consuming.

Tony.

xhaan
November 11th, 2006, 06:29 AM
I had this happen before...
On my car there was a small hidden button, and if you held it while turning the key, it would deactivate the alarm/kill switch and allow you to drive the car. You could try looking around for something like that.