PDA

View Full Version : A Laptop for sale on ebuyer, (w/ ubuntu)

spd106
November 10th, 2006, 01:24 AM
This may be old news, but has anyone seen this Esys E320 laptop on ebuyer.com? http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/search/?strSearch=&intSubcatUID=1494&bolShowAll=true&intMfrID=373

Going by the comments, it comes with an Ubuntu CD. It's a bit underpowered and lacks some important features such as wifi and doesn't even have a PCMCIA port. Still, it's very cheap and they are honest about how much extra Windows costs.

Joe_CoT
November 10th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Yay, they popped a ubuntu cd in it! It's got ..... a Cyrix processor, a 4 cell battery,.... they basically took a piece of junk and put ubuntu on it, so someone would post it on the ubuntu forums :rolleyes:

Super King
November 10th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Mission Accomplished!

spd106
November 11th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Okay, I'll send them an email telling them we've seen their obvious attempt to curry favour with our exclusive community, but everyone's happy with their Wintel laptops, so they might as well chuck them all in a skip.

smoker
November 11th, 2006, 02:43 PM
ok, so the specs aren't great, but look at the price, any os but winbloat and i think it would be fast enough for most.

i hope it sells well, then they may expand the linux range to their more upmarket products.

darkhatter
November 11th, 2006, 03:29 PM
the specs are fine, at 250 dollars I wouldn't be complaining.