PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu CDs chopped up

opensourcerocks
August 27th, 2006, 01:20 AM
I was just browsing the Web and came across this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RpoWKpAL9Q).
It just makes me sick inside when people nice people send you cds for free and you just take advantage of there generosity.:mad: I only order my cds to give to other people that I know might apreciate haveing a different OS, I just wish others like him would do the same.

DoctorMO
August 27th, 2006, 01:30 AM
May he and his friends live in very interesting times!

Tomosaur
August 27th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Wow, what a waste of time!

fuscia
August 27th, 2006, 01:39 AM
obviously some fat guy who doesn't like the ring of mac-looking pretty people.

kerry_s
August 27th, 2006, 01:48 AM
What a jerk! Hopefully that don't catch on with those unlinux people. I order those disks because there free and pass them out to people i know will try it, if jerks like that are ordering them just to destroy, they might have to start charging those who order disks so it will cost somthing for those jerks to do that. I appreciate the free disks and keep them in the packaging so they don't get damaged.

~LoKe
August 27th, 2006, 01:50 AM
He hacked into Linux. O_O

Donnut
August 27th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Tisk, tisk...

cstudent
August 27th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Blasphemy! May a thousand viruses infest his grandmother's hard drive!

jimmygoon
Must mean Ubuntu's popular now if Bill is paying people to send him Ubuntu discs so he can smash them...

Biltong (Dee)
If you look closely you'll see that it's Breezy Badger. Maybe he received the new shipment before getting rid of the old lot?

It's not a nice video, but it would have been far worse if they had been a pile of Dapper Drake CD's...

jperez
August 27th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Took awhile for that horror to set in. I can't believe they would do that. Makes me ashamed to still have Windows on several PC's. I can tell that it was a Windows user. How? Who else would be so evil as to do that to Ubuntu Linux CD's?

I placed an order for 50 CD's of Dapper Drake to distribute at the Boy's & Girl's Club and around town and that kind of video makes me feel uneasy. I hope thaty CD's won't start becoming something you have to pay for. I thrive on the aspect of free CD's so that I don't and won't have to ask people for compensation for the CD's. I just enjoy giving them out.

May their computers get hacked, raped by viruses and their parts fried due to overheating.

Jesse~

banjobacon
August 27th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Who else would be so evil as to do that to Ubuntu Linux CD's?

Attention seekers.

jpkotta
August 27th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Just because you're too stupid to figure it out doesn't mean you have to devolve into an ape...

Me no understand...me smash! SMASH!!

jimrz
August 27th, 2006, 03:03 AM
May he and his friends live in very interesting times!
an old Irish curse...I love it...and, of course, second that emotion

Iandefor
August 27th, 2006, 03:07 AM
Of all the pointless and wasteful things to do, why would you take an axe to a bunch of CD's if you got them for free at the expense of a company nice enough to fund the development of an entire operating system for you and then cover the charge of sending you the CD's for free? That is just so rude.

DoctorMO
August 27th, 2006, 03:19 AM
You've hit the nail on the head Iandefor, it's rude:

I do not tip my bowler hat to him, I instead shake my head and politly ask him to stop.

teet
August 27th, 2006, 03:27 AM
Did anybody else notice that he was using an axe INSIDE his house?

Geez.

I'm not sure if I would call this video horrifying...they were Breezy CD's afterall. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't give out Breezy CD's even if I had a bunch of extra copies.

-teet

Cyraxzz
August 27th, 2006, 03:27 AM
That is with out a doubt an ignorant XP user.

PatrickMay16
August 27th, 2006, 03:34 AM
This is an outrage. I will stalk him with my digital camera and get in trouble with the police.

clparker
August 27th, 2006, 04:16 AM
That guy is a waste of a sperm and an egg.

Quake
August 27th, 2006, 04:32 AM
So, let me get this straight... He orders the CDs for free, at the expense of Canonical... He ordered a huge bunch... then, for "his" fun, he destroys the cd laughing like a stupid jackass for no reason.

I'll understand if he destroys AOL cds because they send it to you as a spam, but ubuntu?

IYY
August 27th, 2006, 04:32 AM
I doubt his mother would appreciate him hacking things on her basement floor.

professor_chaos
August 27th, 2006, 05:07 AM
ouch, this guy is going to have do some really nice things in the future to erase the bad karma from that act.

And I really appreciated the free cds from Canonical. I would always just order enough that I could be sure I would use, just to make sure I wasn't taking advantage of the generosity of canonical and then you see something like this.
Sad, sad, sad. :icon_frown: :icon_frown: :( :( #-o :confused:

peabody
August 27th, 2006, 06:00 AM
To be honest, I thought it was sort of funny. Yeah, it's a shame to see all those Ubuntu CD's go to waste, but as someone else pointed out they were Breezy. It might have been an Ubuntu user. I'm sure there's worse in the world. There was a video somewhere of someone sneaking onto someone's Ubuntu computer and performing a "sudo rm -fr /". Now that kind of thing's just mean. This is small minority of the CD's that get sent out; I imagine most are put to good use.

K.Mandla
August 27th, 2006, 06:07 AM
How many do you guys count there? Looks like about 50, but the video is fuzzy on my end.

woedend
August 27th, 2006, 06:07 AM
what a huge nerd.

digTro
August 27th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Ew! That is sick. He should be made to buy as many Windows CDs and destroy them.

PryGuy
August 27th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Blasphemy! May a thousand viruses infest his grandmother's hard drive!:D :D :D

dasunst3r
August 27th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Like many of you, I share the same feeling of shock, horror, and disgust that come in less than 10 seconds into the video. I don't know how justice will come upon him, but I sure know that future employers do rove around in social sites like MySpace, Facebook, and YouTube.

Linux is NOT dead. It has evolved over the three years I have been using it, and it has truly become something better than Windows. Also, for the record, when I ask for a shipment of CDs, I send Canonical 10 euro ($12.83 USD -- double the value of the CDs) to help with development.

This is coming from SLED 10 user who pass out the CDs.

daou
August 27th, 2006, 08:57 AM
I hope he made a couple cuts on the rug. In fact, I'll be keeping an eye on Darwin awards (http://www.darwinawards.com/) for news about a Linux enraged ax madman castrating himself.

Iandefor
August 27th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Why are people getting so upset? It's just some idiot proving to the world that he's callous and rude fool, albeit at some expense to Canonical.

Christmas
August 27th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Animals.

lukketto
August 27th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Wow, what a waste of time!

I agree with you!

daou
August 27th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Why are people getting so upset?

I'm sure that didn't end up being a big financial loss. But one of principles.

Canonical has made the leap of faith we hardly see these days of sending people free stuff for absolutely selfless reasons. The fact that we get these cds for free is not our right, but a privilege that could be revoked at any time. Some things turn out to be fads. Windows obsessed, mildly disturbed, people see the clip and decide to make their own. Canonical jumps to the conclusion that they need make it a bit more difficult or painful to get these cds to avoid something similar. I, for one, would probably not have ordered a couple cds to give to friends if I had to go through the process of sending money somewhere, even if it was to cover something like a small postal expense. I would much rather have gone out to buy blank cds and try to make covers that look at least a bit professional (those Ubuntu covers make a good first impression, as opposed to a generic burnt cds).

Klaidas
August 27th, 2006, 09:47 AM
He's insane. Not because he broke the CDs, but I mean... He orders, he waits s a month, he goes out to receive it and then smashes them JUST SO he could upload to Youtube?

adam.tropics
August 27th, 2006, 10:12 AM
That makes me so mad. I don't even order the disks from Canonical anymore, because I have the bandwidth, and so don't need them. It always seems that my ordering would somewhere somehow slow or lessen the chance of less fortunate people from getting them. Then to see that...kind of leaves you speechless....

richbarna
August 27th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Well this young man obviuosly has the intelligence of a small turd although probably isn't as good looking, therfore his lonliness manifests itself in destroying pieces of plastic while his young boyfriend video's it.

He is a weak, limp-wristed little tosser as well, (unusual for somebody who has their right hand as there best friend at bed-time), if those discs were him laying on the ground I could show him how to really use an axe.

What a complete waste of oxygen this boy is, I feel sorry for the parents.

welsh_spud
August 27th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Joke is on him for several reasons:

He doesn't get to use Ubuntu
He used an axe inside on a carpet
And he has proven to the world that he has no creativity. I could have thought of a hundred better ways to destroy those disks (microwave, anyone)

He doesn't look too strong either, if you ask me his swings were more like taps on the CD's.

daou
August 27th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Joke is on him for several reasons:

* He doesn't get to use Ubuntu
* He used an axe inside on a carpet
* And he has proven to the world that he has no creativity. I could have thought of a hundred better ways to destroy those disks (microwave, anyone)

* And he obviously doesn't know how to google for some napalm recipes.

K.Mandla
August 27th, 2006, 06:20 PM
No problem. I'm willing to cover the cost of the CDs he smashed. I sent Canonical a $50 donation. Now maybe someone who needs it will get a pressed copy of Dapper.

andlinux21
August 27th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Sad to say but there are still countless idiots out there.

RavenOfOdin
August 27th, 2006, 07:49 PM
What is everyone getting so worked up over?

They're just CD's, for God's sake! Little plasticky rings that are made for about ten cents.

I put my old Breezy CD's in the microwave, label side down for five seconds. It causes
less of a mess and a nice light show. Breezy, when compared to Dapper, is just not worth keeping.

That guy is a waste of a sperm and an egg.

Another gem from the subscribers to Ubuntu Forums. . .

*sigh*

Bloch
August 27th, 2006, 08:00 PM
They're just CD's, for God's sake! Little plasticky rings that are made for about ten cents.

What about the postage? Why did somebody order these if they could not use them?

I hate seeing waste, whether it's junk mail that I have to dump, or idiots sending away for a dozen disks just because they are free.

Dinerty
August 27th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Felt quite upset that some <insert swear word> would do this, what a complete and utter <insert swear word> <insert swear word>.

I bet he ordered them in good faith and could not install them and took his temper out on the CD's

RavenOfOdin
August 27th, 2006, 08:08 PM
What about the postage? Why did somebody order these if they could not use them?

And the aspect of postage makes the subject line and all further rantings valid how?

I bet the great majority of you would be cheering this guy on if he was instead bashing Windows CD's to a pulp.

halfvolle melk
August 27th, 2006, 08:16 PM
I bet the great majority of you would be cheering this guy on if he was instead bashing Windows CD's to a pulp.
I bet MS would be as well and encourage you to buy more.

picpak
August 27th, 2006, 08:32 PM

Does Windows send CDs for free?

blastus
August 27th, 2006, 08:41 PM
And the aspect of postage makes the subject line and all further rantings valid how?

The fact that he destroyed Ubuntu CDs doesn't mean anything. It's the fact that the CDs are free so that poor people or people who cannot obtain Ubuntu can obtain it--but he obtained them for the sole purpose of destroying them. It's the fact there are people who donate to the Ubuntu Foundation and it cost the Foundation money to deliver the CDs to him.

If you can't understand this and how this is different from destroying just any old bunch of CDs with whatever on them (whether they were obtained free or not), then there's not much to discuss.

K.Mandla
August 27th, 2006, 08:54 PM
My disappointment is twofold: First, there were no doubt people who wanted to try Breezy but were on dialup and couldn't afford the time it would take to download. So to see so many go to waste is unfortunate.

Second, someone had to request those discs. So in effect, someone asked for something free, then destroyed it.

If I asked you for something to eat, then threw it away to spite you, would you be angry? ;)

RavenOfOdin
August 27th, 2006, 09:04 PM
The fact that he destroyed Ubuntu CDs doesn't mean anything. It's the fact that the CDs are free so that poor people or people who cannot obtain Ubuntu can obtain it--but he obtained them for the sole purpose of destroying them. It's the fact there are people who donate to the Ubuntu Foundation and it cost the Foundation money to deliver the CDs to him.

If you can't understand this and how this is different from destroying just any old bunch of CDs with whatever on them (whether they were obtained free or not), then there's not much to discuss.

I doubt the poor would even be in possession of computers. Certain other necessities such as food and shelter come to
mind.

So I guess you're right. There isn't much to discuss.

. . .something to eat. . .

I would be angry. I'll give you that much. But I see a big difference in that you can't eat a CD, and you don't need computer
access to live or exist.

K.Mandla
August 27th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Granted: There is a difference in those two examples. But the underlying idea -- asking for something for free (and in bulk, no less), then destroying it out of spite -- is still counter to most cultural norms.

aktiwers
August 27th, 2006, 09:34 PM
No problem. I'm willing to cover the cost of the CDs he smashed. I sent Canonical a $50 donation. Now maybe someone who needs it will get a pressed copy of Dapper.

Wow! Nice done man!

:KS:KS:KS:KS:KS:KS:KS

Dinerty
August 27th, 2006, 09:51 PM

That is really nice of you mate, nice to see some good people in the world still out there

/me gives box of cookies

buellman
August 27th, 2006, 10:48 PM
I think he proved one time more:

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
(Calvin & Hobbes/Bill Waterson)

Greets. Buellman

Ps: @K.Mandla: Good to know that there are still ppl like you... and well... all the other ppl who invest time, money and so on in good projects like Linux...

K.Mandla
August 28th, 2006, 04:54 AM
/me gives box of cookies
Thanks. I'm a huge cookie addict, so those will go to good use. :D Cheers!

chaosgeisterchen
August 28th, 2006, 06:01 AM
I'd like to quote a comment from youtube

What a moron

He really gets the point!

Reshin
August 28th, 2006, 07:01 AM
http://www.ircquotes.net/?88164 found this quote(Finnish equalent of bash.org). This mrleef boasts he ordered 300 of them just for the heck of it. I'm starting to thing he's the same guy on that video

daou
August 28th, 2006, 07:14 AM
This mrleef boasts he ordered 300 of them just for the heck of it.

His exact words, in response to Canonical, I believe, when they asked him what he needs 300 CDs for: "I'll distribute them over LAN [parties] and if I have any left over, I'll make a garage with them."

I hope the last comment was meant to be sarcastic. Otherwise, I'm ashamed as a Finnish person.

daou
August 28th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Actually this makes me feel a little bit better. I wasn't sure if the default 5 CD order would be going over the top. In fact, I started counting my friends and relatives who could benefit from Ubuntu before making the order.

G Morgan
August 28th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I'm not too worried by this. The fact that somebody willingly destroyed Ubuntu discs shows that Ubuntu is becoming popular enough to be insulted by random people.

Canonical should be happy, people hating Ubuntu for no apparent reason is a good sign that Ubuntu is doing well. Better to be insulted than ignored in this case.

daou
August 28th, 2006, 08:36 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ea/DoNotFeedTroll.svg/150px-DoNotFeedTroll.svg.png

adam.tropics
August 28th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Anyone with a pulse can install this trash distro. XP is more of a challenge to install.

Whilst you're clearly an idiot, I think that's kind of the point?

WakkiTabakki
August 28th, 2006, 08:42 AM
I ******* love it. You nubuntu scrubs got owned. Your distro SUCKS so bad it's a joke. Your community is full of complete idiots.

Aaaaahahaha!!! This is humor!
How did you even end up at the ubuntuforums if you think the distro sucks!
Myself, I have nothing against OS-X, but I never use it, and hence I've never even been close to an OSX-forum.

Does your post make any sence at all?

Anyone with a pulse can install this trash distro. XP is more of a challenge to install
Well... yes... That's exactly whats great about Ubuntu... You never quite understood that, did you?

Thanks for keeping us all laughing :D!
/N

WakkiTabakki
August 28th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Ohhh man... please stop... my... stomach hurts...

WakkiTabakki
August 28th, 2006, 12:13 PM
So, who's up for raising money to fix the floor the nitwit accidently axed to splinters?

:p

adam.tropics
August 28th, 2006, 12:16 PM
So, who's up for raising money to fix the floor the nitwit accidently axed to splinters?

:p

I'll gladly replace it...if he just posts his name and residential address....!!!

atrus123
August 28th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Heh. What a 'tard.

bruce89
August 28th, 2006, 02:18 PM
It's a good thing I can't use flash.

Just ignore the ADD tantrum, I'm sure natrual selection will take care of him.

Anonii
August 28th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Just another retarded attention-***** who got what he wanted: attention.

Dragonbite
August 28th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I hope his parents give him a good spanking for putting hatchet-cuts in their rug!

As bugs bunny would say "what a maroon"

thunderduck3141
August 29th, 2006, 01:21 AM
wow
may he be condemed to a life of working behind a fryer and may he die alone and sickly
i say this becuase of the other things he has almost certainly done, what an ***

Anonii
August 29th, 2006, 01:30 AM
may he be condemed to a life of working behind a fryer and may he die alone and sickly

Indeed to die alone and sick, is a fair punishment for breaking Ubuntu CDs. (And yes, I know that he abused the generosity of Canonical, but please... Cursing him to die like that, is... something else)

firenewt
August 29th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Wow. What a let-down. First because it's gotten a few angry comments which is what he wanted. Second of course because this is in the Comedy section of Youtube, but it's the most pointless stupidity I've ever been gullible enough to waste time loading up. Nevermind if it's Ubuntu disks, or that attention whores like this are depressing. But that was very, very not funny. :rolleyes:

Derek Djons
August 29th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Well, YouTube has provided also a 'easy-to-use' medium for the mentally sick people.

There will always be people who just can't stop doing this kind of crap.

viciouslime
August 29th, 2006, 09:35 AM
At least all the comments on youtube are negative too.

confusco
November 9th, 2006, 07:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RpoWKpAL9Q

Disturbing.

aysiu
November 9th, 2006, 07:41 AM

Disturbing.
Yes, very disturbing.

Patrick K.
November 9th, 2006, 07:53 AM
I haven't cried this much sense I saw Loose Change 2nd Edition and found out our government was back stabbing communist pricks.

Seriously, part of me just died here by watching that video.

darkninja
November 9th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Heh, I bet he's going to have fun cleaning the shredded bits of CD out of his carpet :-)

loell
November 9th, 2006, 08:01 AM

Disturbing.

its real intention is to provoke ubuntu users :evil:

drFUNK
November 9th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Sick...

viper
November 9th, 2006, 08:13 AM
May the splinters of those CD`s embed themselves into his bare feet whenever he walks on that carpet, freaking morons......

Old Pink
November 9th, 2006, 09:08 AM
What an idiot. He could've just taken them to a charity shop or something.

an.echte.trilingue
November 9th, 2006, 10:13 AM
He's a troll. Stop feeding him.

Havoc
November 9th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Instead, take him, put him in a cage on display, let the kiddies feed him, and make some money on the side.

HAHAHAHA YOU FUC*Gets shot*

unlokia
November 9th, 2006, 01:13 PM
It's simple really... he is mentally ill. I mean come on, WHAT kinda gimboid takes an AXE?!:confused: to CD-ROMs, on camera, on the *INTERNET*, to prove some kinda "point"?!.

Ya know what? I'd be seriously tempted to roll up and SHRED that seriously tasteless rug he had in there... YUCK!!

It's like these f*ckwits who buy brand new laptops and smash them on google video, for the "fun" of it - NO intelligence to think of something creative to do with their "spare time" (their brains are idling 99% of the day!) so they think up crazy stupid things to do... a BIT like 'Jackass' but worse.

There is some loser on google video who gets a laptop, BRAND NEW out of the wrapper, and drives a tractor over it... I mean...

what better candidate for psychological analysis and treatment?.
It's not funny, these people SERIOUSLY need help!