PDA

View Full Version : Consoles war poll - PS3 360 or WIi

Dual Cortex
November 9th, 2006, 04:16 AM
So, now that details are widely available, which will you choose (or have you chosen)?
I'm going for the PS3; 1 for me, 2-3 more for Ebay.

Xbox 360
299 or 399

Wii
$250?

PS3
$499 or $599

Wafflesomd
November 9th, 2006, 04:32 AM
Xbox 360 no doubt.

Gears of war, and the fact that it will have mod chips :)

GuitarHero
November 9th, 2006, 04:42 AM
Go Wii!!! 10 Days. Innovative, great games, great price. I'm pumped.

kuja
November 9th, 2006, 04:50 AM
The playstation 3, though expensive... I've like the playstation consoles since the first one. I'll probably get a wii too to feed my zelda + metroid needs if nothing else. Oh, and I like celery, really, I do.

Weav
November 9th, 2006, 05:19 AM
The Wii has some great games that are going to come out and that will be out for Launch.

Only reason I could justify buying a 360 is Gears...

But I'll take Zelda anyday.

Orwell
November 9th, 2006, 05:23 AM
I'll probably save and save for the PS3. My friend bought the 360 on release and it has become his most expensive paper-weight. Have had heaps of fun on my PS2 in the past....looking forward to PS3....despite the house-mortgagelike-price for Australians.

Skia_42
November 9th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Video Games are overated, I burn all my money on Bikes/Kayaks/Skis. You then feel obligated to use them and have lots of fun.

Orwell
November 9th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Either that or they sit in the garage gathering dust.....there is less dust in my loungeroom so video games FTW

Ptero-4
November 9th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Wii Rox. And for those that still doesn't know, Xbox sux (it's a M$ console).

Luggy
November 9th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Anonii
November 9th, 2006, 06:47 AM
PS3: Suck my b*lls Yellowdog Linux, I cant waste 600 Euros >: (And i wanted to play the remake of FFVII so badly :/ )

Xbox: I was never a huge fan of Xbox. Especially this time, when Wii is gonna bu*****k the other consoles that badly.

Wii: IMO the winner of the console war, this time. Revolutionary controller, revolutionary games, revolutionary price. Revolutionary.

I'm gonna buy a Wii, but on April or something. I have studying since then >:

slimdog360
November 9th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Australian prices:
wii $400 with a game

ps3 $1000 for the good package and no game

360 I cant remember the price, I think it was $600 last time I checked.

Im thinking of going to toys r us and preordering a wii. With a $50 deposit on the wii I can get a zelda for free with the console when it comes out.

edit: arghh, I just went out to toys r us. You have to pre-order some big package. It cost $700 and you get zelda with it. I dont want to spend $700 on it so Im not getting it. darn

pmj
November 9th, 2006, 08:07 AM
PS3 will win this generation, due to hype, brand loyalty and lots of exclusive games. 360 will lose, but do much better than last time. How well Nintendo will do with the Wii is still up in the air, since to succeed they need many exclusive games that make great use of the wiimote, and it's not clear that this will happen.

I won't buy any console this generation. They're just too expensive.

LMP900
November 9th, 2006, 08:35 AM
I voted 360, since I already own one.

However, Gran Turismo 5 almost guarantees a PS3 purchase from me.

Kateikyoushi
November 9th, 2006, 10:58 AM
PS3 but most likely pick up a Wii as well if not statisfied with it just sell it.
Xbox 360 has no chance, at any used games store can choose from hundreds or even thousand PS titles and like half a dozen X360 not that they have many which interests me.

weatherman
November 9th, 2006, 11:09 AM
not a big console fun myself, but wii sounds definitely interesting.

ember
November 9th, 2006, 04:06 PM
It is likely I will buy a Wii first (as soon as I have some money and it is available again ;)), preferably with Zelda and maybe Red Steel.

There are good Xbox 360 games, too (I'd really like to play Call of Duty 3, Fear or Gears of War) - but I'm not really HD ready and it is unlikely I will have some thousand Euros to spend on new entertainment accessoires in the near futere.

knite19
November 12th, 2006, 03:40 AM
If you could use an operating system like OSX or Linux, then I would definitely get a PS3. Running something like Mythtv or Firefox on it would be interesting.

pmj
November 12th, 2006, 04:32 AM
PS3 but most likely pick up a Wii as well if not statisfied with it just sell it.
Xbox 360 has no chance, at any used games store can choose from hundreds or even thousand PS titles and like half a dozen X360 not that they have many which interests me.

You do know that Xbox is selling pretty well outside of Japan, right? ;)

It is likely I will buy a Wii first (as soon as I have some money and it is available again ;)), preferably with Zelda and maybe Red Steel.

There are good Xbox 360 games, too (I'd really like to play Call of Duty 3, Fear or Gears of War) - but I'm not really HD ready and it is unlikely I will have some thousand Euros to spend on new entertainment accessoires in the near futere.

A TV capable of HD resolutions is nice, but not required for either the 360 or the PS3, and higher resolutions is not the only benefit you get from faster hardware. Visually, most 360 and PS3 games will outdo anything the Wii can do, HDTV or not.

NeoGreen
November 12th, 2006, 04:35 AM
I will probably buy the Wii. It's at a very good price and the games look awesome. I can't wait to play Zelda.:)

Super King
November 12th, 2006, 04:41 AM
I choose Xbox360 but my real answer is "neither." I have a PS2 which has a huge library of great games, many of which are only $ 20.

If I were to get a new console it'd probably be the 360, as online play over Live is a blast and the controller is excellent.

user1397
November 12th, 2006, 05:30 AM
if any, definitely the xbox360.
the ps3 is way too pricey, the wii is cool, but im no huge fan of nintendo games anyway.

the xbox has live, the best online gaming experience made so far (note the "so far, as the ps3's online thing could be better)

plus, halo 3...how can u not want it :)

im a huge halo fun, and im still good at it, even tho i dont have an xbox anymore.

of course, all of this is hypothetical, because im prolly not even going to get one.

peak_performance
November 12th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I'll get the Wii when it launches here in Sweden (or preferably before the launch, if the gaming-site I write for gets any). Then I'll be picking up a 360 later on, when Ninja Gaiden 2 arrives. The PS3, linux or not, just doesn't cut it for me with it's boring controller and high price.

But yeah, I think that PS3 still will dominate this generation, much thanks to the huuge brand recognition with casual gamers.

Master Shake
November 14th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Wii...

But I'll probably still play my Atari 7800 more.

Sweet Pitfall 2 goodness. Mmmm.

hoagie
November 14th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I have a xbox 360 and I like it pretty much. Xbox live also s a great feature and I can't wait for halo 3 to come out.

mostwanted
November 14th, 2006, 06:01 PM
I most likely won't buy any consoles since I don't really play games, but I think the Wii looks like a lot of fun and the PS3 uses CELL and is gonna be able to run a major Linux distro, so I chose those out of sheer bias. I also don't like Microsoft.

But as I said, I won't buy any of them.

justin whitaker
November 14th, 2006, 06:03 PM
I really want a 360. Gears of War!

derjames
November 14th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I've been since I remember a Nintendo fanboy...

kristinc
November 14th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Wiiiii, I can't wait! :mrgreen:

(I haven't owned a game console since NES. *ducks for flying things thrown at her*)

skymt
November 14th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I'm getting a Wii, for Metroid (the best game series ever) and Zelda (second best).

I don't want to sound like a Nintendo fanboy, I'm not. The XBox 360 is amazing too. XBox Live is fantastic, and the 360 is (finally) getting some great games (Too Human, anyone?). However, one console per generation should be enough for anyone with a life, and I just can't give up my Metroid.

As for Sony... I'd get a PS3 if I had the money. I wouldn't get any games for it, I'd just install Linux and revel in the fact that Sony lost $200. :twisted:

jc87
November 14th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Personally i´m thinking in buying a PS3 in a year or two when it gets cheaper and more accessible, then add it a 300 gigabytes hard-drive, and use it both to run Gnu/Linux and play PS3 games;)

tom-ubuntu
November 14th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Wii wants to play :D

PS3 is way to expensive. So perhaps in 2, 3 years. Xbox360 does not have a lot of games I am interested in. Gears of War is the only one so far. Oh, and Kameo. I loved Rare while developing games for Nintendo. Good old times... :-?

chaosgeisterchen
November 14th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Nintendo has proven that they are the only ones which are not only developing towards better graphics and cooler games but into a fully different direction, their products show great innovation and prove that innovation has not dies within the console games sector.

Kudos for nintendo, if they will ever die, consoles will become more and more poor machines without the spirit of innovation.

MedivhX
November 14th, 2006, 07:26 PM
I won't buy any of them (i don't like consoles) but i think Wii is the best (it has cool controllers)

weatherman
November 20th, 2006, 01:26 AM
so did anybody get a wii or ps3 already? :)

banjobacon
November 20th, 2006, 07:01 AM
so did anybody get a wii or ps3 already? :)

I got a Wii. Zelda is great. Wii Sports is a lot of fun; it's just a collection of dumbed-down sports games, but it's a good introduction to the Wii. Boxing is a lot of fun.

I'm glad I didn't buy Red Steel, though. It's getting pretty bad reviews.

weatherman
November 20th, 2006, 11:34 PM
I got a Wii. Zelda is great. Wii Sports is a lot of fun; it's just a collection of dumbed-down sports games, but it's a good introduction to the Wii. Boxing is a lot of fun.

I'm glad I didn't buy Red Steel, though. It's getting pretty bad reviews.
anything disappointing about the wii in general?
I'm thinking about getting one, seems good if you don't really have a lot of time to play but just occasionally want to kill some time.

queen_yoshi
November 21st, 2006, 12:22 AM
Hmm lets see, here in Australia the launch price for the Wii is $399.00
The current price of an XBox 360 is about the $899.00 mark and the PS3 is even more expensive.

I am getting a Wii not so much based on cost as you can play games from their previous consoles, for me that means some N64 classics like Mario 64 and Mario Kart!!!
As well as an updated Zelda. I find that the games on the Xbox range in general are more your 'male' type of game, having said that I LOVE Halo and Halo 2 (Its the reason I have an M$ gaming PC!!) But one game isnt enough to justify just short of $1000.00 on a toy.
As for the PS3, personally I think it lost the looks competition!, it also uses Blu-Ray discs. With M$ going with DVD-HD it will be interesting to see which of the 2 formats becomes more widely used. Similar to the old days of VHS and Beta-Max I think. Again for games, the PS3 doesnt have the ones I want either!

A lot of people are bagging out the Wii saying it has crap graphics, no DVD playability etc, but the innovations that have been made with the way you play the game, ie playability, will far outweigh any of those issues. Besides if you want a DVD player buy a purpose built one! And if you want graphics get a PC (DX10 games like Crysis are just around the corner!) To me that argument is like people who refuse to buy a mobile phone because it didnt have an uber 3.0 megapixel camera, er its a phone, go buy a camera!

Wii for me all the way, cant wait till December the 7th when I can go and get it on the launch day!

banjobacon
November 21st, 2006, 02:49 AM
anything disappointing about the wii in general?

Yes. A lot of Wii users are experiencing an error after updating the firmware which prevents them from connecting to the internet. I'm one of those users.

Apparently the problem is not widespread, though Nintendo's forums are full of people experiencing it. It's unclear whether the problem is hardware or software. Reports are that Nintendo are replacing broken Wiis free of charge, though.

gnomeuser
November 21st, 2006, 03:05 AM
I bought an XBOX a few years ago but I hardly ever use it. The games aren't really that good and I'm disappointed by the entire thing. Console gaming is largely not for me.

I haven't really seen any games for the new consoles I really have to own and they are so expensive so I'm afraid of making another mistake like when I got the XBOX.

Also to play to the full capabilities of these new consoles you have to have all kinds of new fangled technology like HD ready TVs and ****.. those things suck up power like crazy, I have the environment and my wallet to mind.

Busch
November 21st, 2006, 04:03 AM
I want the Wii SOOO badly.. it even made it worse when I bought the games and an extra controller before hand.

gnomeuser
November 21st, 2006, 05:23 AM
I want the Wii SOOO badly.. it even made it worse when I bought the games and an extra controller before hand.

Isn't that a bit like buying a pregancy test without having had the first date yet?

Polygon
November 21st, 2006, 06:15 AM
most likely :D

but i want a wii, it looks awesome. I cant wait to try out call of duty 3 and see the future of fps's on the wii, since that controller is defenitly going to attract a lot of fps game developers!

morphodone
November 21st, 2006, 09:52 AM
Yep, I got a Wii on Sunday 11/19/06.

The only downfall I have found so far is the lack
of accessories that can be bought at this time.
I'm sure they will be in stock before long though.

I haven't had any firmware problems. The system is slick.

I just spent over 5 hours playing Zelda...

Sunnz
November 21st, 2006, 01:08 PM
PS3. Won't be able to afford it now, but I will buy it 2008 new year when the price comes down.

May get a PS2 for the time being when everyone is trying to sell it. A Wii if I really have too much time.

slimdog360
November 21st, 2006, 01:51 PM
Im thinking of trading in my ps2 and some games for a wii. I havent played my ps2 in ages and dont think I would for a while so there is little point in keeping it. In the future when the ps3 drops way way way down in price I might get it.

mrgnash
November 21st, 2006, 03:52 PM
Wii - Underpowered and staffed by the same cavalcade of has-been mascots they relied on to flog their last batch of sorry titles for the GC.

PS3 - Breaks when you look at it and it's two biggest draws, MGS and Final Fantasy, both feature more androgynous plastic-fantastic dandies striking melodromatic poses to preset Casio tunes than a Scissor Sisters music video.

Xbox 360 - What's that smell? It's my 360 overheating - again! Well here's hoping that after I send it back for repair, this will be fourth time lucky! Not that it matters much, since I'm still racking up useless gamer-points by paying other people (http://levelmy360.com/) to play games that I don't want to hear about or play.

And I know it's not on here, but:

PC - You may have to put another mortage on your house in order to pay for it, but after you get a top-of-the-line graphics card, CPU and enough RAM to cache the entire internet several times over, you'll be treated to a wide range of generic abortions from all three genres: War, MMORPG (A.K.A IRC) and Sport. Sure, by now you've already stormed Normandy a few hundred times by now, but have you done it in 1920 x 1200 resolution?? And don't forget about Need for Speed Carbon, a game that proves that a series which should have been consigned to the dust-bin of history long ago, has now accumulted so many sequels that it's had to resort to the periodic table for its subtitles.

Gaming is in a very, very sorry state.. so the celery gets my vote.

ironfistchamp
December 5th, 2006, 11:30 AM
A lot of people are bagging out the Wii saying it has crap graphics, no DVD playability etc, but the innovations that have been made with the way you play the game, ie playability, will far outweigh any of those issues. Besides if you want a DVD player buy a purpose built one! And if you want graphics get a PC (DX10 games like Crysis are just around the corner!) To me that argument is like people who refuse to buy a mobile phone because it didnt have an uber 3.0 megapixel camera, er its a phone, go buy a camera!

Wii for me all the way, cant wait till December the 7th when I can go and get it on the launch day!

So so true. I couldn't have put it better myself. I am getting a Wii. It looks awesome, Zelda is a must, Red Steel, CoD3, Metroid, Mario, Smash Bros. I have a DVD player so don't need playback. I don't have a HD ready TV and won't have in the foreseeable future, I have a PC with a decent Graphics Card so thats ok. All in all the Wii is the only thing that I really want. Xbox Live does nothing for me and a £500 price tag cannot be justified when it comes to consoles, no matter how pretty the games look.

Ironfistchamp

patty522
December 5th, 2006, 12:01 PM
i have my Wii on preorder and Zelda. release date in england is the 8th december. i cant wait as soon as i get a phone call saying its in i will be wiing all the way to the store.:o

Tux Aubrey
December 5th, 2006, 12:10 PM
celery for me too.

Actually, having reached forty, my game neurons have been fried and I now get nauseous just watching someone play a 2D platform game. I spent my last windfall on a nice reclining armchair. It happens.

deep.tinker77
December 5th, 2006, 01:08 PM
IMHO, the Wii60 combo was the way to go. Sony has really dissapointed me over the years, and they aren't the company they used to be, while Nintendo and M$ (yea, I said it) have actually gotten better. As long as game dev's don't get complacent and keep pushing the envelope, the consumers will win, even if Sony falls because they failed to realize everyone's not going to buy your product just because of your name anymore.

xopher
December 5th, 2006, 01:12 PM
If I'd buy one - I'd go for the Wii -- But if I'd get to choose between them and get one for free, it'd be the PS3. Why? The massive graphics > the innovativity of the Wii. And anyway, if I don't like it, I can still afford to buy the Wii ;) I couldn't afford the other way around.

Lster
December 5th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Wii! I think it is the most innovative - Nintendo always do very good games consoles...

Artemis3
December 5th, 2006, 05:44 PM
I will play all your games in 5 to 10 years when my machine is strong enough to emulate those consoles. Now if you'll excuse me, i need to beat the evil Kefka ;)

dbbolton
December 5th, 2006, 06:57 PM
you hatin' on vegetarians ?

haxer
December 6th, 2006, 12:47 AM
The fact is that Nintendo wii is not an next gen console but all the other ones are PS3 has blueray something that linux might never have and xbox360 well i percenly doesnt like bill i think he must be smart and he cant lie in all videos about him "propaganda" hes always stoped speaking if he lies ;)

iPower
December 6th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Sega Mega Drive ;)

mediax
January 3rd, 2007, 01:50 PM
I actually bought myself a 360 over Xmas.

I seriously considered the Wii, because of both price and the novel control system, but I've never been a fan of Ninendo's "cartoony" style of games.

When it comes down to Xbox 360 or PS3, it's no contest. I'll take the (cheaper and available) Xbox now and spend the rest on games, thank you. :KS

mcduck
January 3rd, 2007, 03:38 PM
'me like celery'. Because there wasn't any option for many consoles.. I'll buy Wii (as soon as I can get one) and PS3 (after the price has dropped a bit), and perhaps even XBox 360 if they make at least couple of good games for it this time :)

hoagie
January 3rd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Nintendo Wii and Microsoft Xbox 360 is the best combo and it works for me, combining the great
proccesing power of the 360 with the revolutionary controler of the Wii system is just great. Both comanies have reached a certain level in game developing and produce 1-2 great games each year.
Like Gears of War(Microsoft-Epic), Kame(Microsoft-Rare) Halo series(Microsoft-Bungie) and Zelda series(Nintendo) Metroid series(NIntedno) and others.
I've been a PS2 owner and sony haven't released any really great game on that console, MGS, DMC, FF and all that are third party created most of them won't be exlusice on PS3

robert@debian
January 3rd, 2007, 04:12 PM
I would buy Nintendo's Wii.

1. I can play hardcore graphic demanding games on my new Computer, therefore the argument about better graphics on 360 or PS3 is negligible for me.

2. You can play online for free.

3. Lots of funny games to play with your friends

4. I like to build up some muscles :KS

rowanparker
January 4th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I want to buy a Wii, I just love the idea.
I have quite a small room (6ft by 6ft6) and my friend says that I need a lot of room for the Wii. Is this true?

roachk71
January 4th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Wii for general gaming, PS3 for hackability (snicker). :mrgreen:

oyvindaa
January 4th, 2007, 11:37 PM
I'll be buying the PS3, no doubt about it.

Orwell: It's great to see other Bad Religion fans on here! After all, no Bad Religion song can make your life complete ;)

william_lee
January 5th, 2007, 02:00 AM
I got a Wii for Christmas, and will not even consider buying a PS3 until the price drops by 40-50%. Sony should never have made the decision to include blue-ray. Then again, Sony never should have bought media companies, and stayed a consumer electronics company, but that's another rant.

My initial impressions of the Wii are very positive. The controller(s) are as innovative as they're made out to be, a lot of fun, and pretty much work as promised.

The Wii is the first console in a long time to come with a pack-in game, Wii Sports, which is actually a lot of fun, and a good way to try out the controller.

Madden is amazing to play on the Wii also. The control scheme is very intuitive, and tons of fun.

I am also excited to play Zelda, but don't have it yet.

Graphically, the system isn't going to win any awards, but it's not like the graphics are horrible, especially on non-HD systems.

The built in version of Opera combined with the controller actually makes surfing on a TV without a keyboard fairly painless and doable.

I think where the Wii is really going to shine is multiplayer games. It is just a lot of fun to play with using the controllers with a bunch of family or friends.

mysticrider92
January 5th, 2007, 02:38 AM
I will go for the PS3.

Sunnz
January 5th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Wii for general gaming, PS3 for hackability (snicker). :mrgreen:
Rich you are!!!

roachk71
January 6th, 2007, 06:40 AM
I should have added, "If I had the means..." :neutral:

I would buy both. At the moment though, I'm quite happy with my GameCube.

AR_Kozz
May 3rd, 2007, 05:09 AM
Well I didn't see this poll a few months ago, but I have been waiting for the ps3 for ages and ages. Even though they almost doubled the original price estimate 2 years ago, I ignored xb360's year in the sun. I read the specs and knew the ps3 was to be an unequaled machine.

I finally got a 60gb for $450 used. Judging from what's on the hard drive it was used all of 2 weeks or so. It's even more than I expected, the most amazing machine I have ever seen. It's a better computer than my computer.

Bravo to Sony for making ps3 linux-installable. It was a brilliant move on their part, and will win over computer gamers big-time. It kicks Microsoft right in the nads, combining its OS nemesis with its console nemesis. This generation of consoles will be a losing round for Microsoft.

But even without installing an OS, ps3 still is a computer in its own right. I'm amazed by it and I haven't even played a ps3 game yet, just my old ps2 stuff.

user1397
May 3rd, 2007, 05:12 AM
2 words: Halo 3

KiwiNZ
May 3rd, 2007, 06:14 AM
PS3

Why

Built in Wireless
HDD easier to upgrade , no need to buy the console branded HDD
Charge controllers from USB out of the box
Built in high dev DVD no need for another device plugged in
runs way more quieter , important in the Lounge
Runs Linux
More ports
Looks damm cool
Runs cooler
HDMI

Some of the reasons why I purchased mine

Spr0k3t
May 3rd, 2007, 09:19 AM
There are way too many PS3 titles that I won't be able to live without. Like all the other consoles I've purchased in the past, I'll wait until after their second year run to really get serious about purchasing one (mainly for the drop in price). I'm hooked on the entire Ratchet&Clank saga... it's by far the best platformer I've played to date.

When it comes down to the xbox, no way I'm going to put any money into the pockets of microsoft. Personally speaking, the xbox is a step in the wrong direction.

With a Wii... sure why not... I'm quite positive my kids would enjoy it. The PS3 would still be first though.

user1397
May 3rd, 2007, 09:09 PM
PS3

Why

Built in Wireless
Runs Linux
More ports
Looks damm cool
Runs cooler
HDMI

Some of the reasons why I purchased mineall or most of your suggestions are hardware based, have you started to think about the stuff that actually matters about game consoles, i.e. the games themselves? hardware doesn't make a console, games do.

for example, I want an xbox 360 because of Halo 3, and it will also have Grand Theft Auto 4 (I know this is also for the PS3)

galvatron1983
May 3rd, 2007, 09:11 PM
Video gaming died when sega left the console business. May the Dreamcast be with you......always.....

galvatron1983
May 3rd, 2007, 09:12 PM
PS3

Why

Built in Wireless
Runs Linux
More ports
Looks damm cool
Runs cooler
HDMI

Some of the reasons why I purchased mine

Didnt you just describe a PC not a games console??? Oh wait, theyre pretty much the same these days.....

starcraft.man
May 3rd, 2007, 10:38 PM
PS3, its a great console with great games coming soon. Sony has also proven that it has the ability to win 2 generations of console wars ( playstation 1 and 2 crushed the competition, by over 50 million both times, and both times was overpriced). The console also just has lots of promise, the only thing it really lacks at this time is a great live service like xbox, but I don't think that is something that will stay like that forever.

I've seen the Wii, and my impression in all honesty is that a lot of what I've seen is minigames... many of their attempts to design real games to use the wii controller have failed miserably (look at farcry port and red steel designed for wii by ubisoft), there are numerous other examples. What it does excel at it seems to me is short, mini games... not to mention I think playing several hours while having to swing the wii around would hurt/strain your wrists.

As for the 360, I don't like microsoft, and I don't want to play halo/or gears of war. I do want to FF13, MGS and Lair. Not to mention most of the RPGs they've tried to get develloped for them seem well, bad, look at 99 nights for example.

Disclaimer: I don't want to get a flame, its just my opinion.

ferose2
June 12th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I would go for PS3. It has huge potentials, and theres apparently a lot of things that can be done in it, like running Linux and there should be great mods available in the future. It probably wont run Linux as good as my computer but I feel like supporting PS3 because they are supporting Linux, and playing around with Linux on a ps3 and comparing it to the computer sounds fun. Then theres some nice games that I'm looking forward to, like MGS4, and FF13.

bobbocanfly
June 12th, 2007, 09:42 PM
The 360 is cool but too expensive. Anyway the Wii is more revolutionary and a lot of fun. Definately the Wii for me!

forrestcupp
January 8th, 2011, 02:30 AM
I'm not trying to necropost, but it's pretty interesting seeing how times have changed. If the same poll were created today, I wonder if the Wii would still come in at 57%.

I used to have a Wii and a 360, but I just sold my Wii for a Kinect. Now I have innovation and graphics all in one. :)

mamamia88
January 8th, 2011, 03:12 AM
I have both ps3 and 360. I like both equally but play more on ps3 because fifa 11 is my favorite game and I prefer the ps3 controller for that.

wallytheaviator
March 1st, 2011, 01:56 AM
I'm not trying to necropost, but it's pretty interesting seeing how times have changed. If the same poll were created today, I wonder if the Wii would still come in at 57%.

I used to have a Wii and a 360, but I just sold my Wii for a Kinect. Now I have innovation and graphics all in one. :)

Updated Poll

Which system did you buy and why.

---------------

PS3 for me

main reason would be the better graphics and better game titles such as MGS4, NFS, FFXIII, Ace combat, Battlefield, black ops. built in Wifi and no fees for online play.

(the down side, all the updates)

I looked at the 360 but the rings of death thing is not something i wanted to chance, I just play on my friends 360's for the gears of war, 2 of my friends have had the 360 burn out and one of them keeps getting refurb systems and he is on his 5th 360 and finally he took my advice to get an external cooling system to see if it helps, so far no problems yet.

My sister has the Wii, I am not a big fan of it, but the rockband was a bit fun.

I like the fact you can play the old nintendo games on the Wii but I still take my N64 over the Wii.

forrestcupp
March 1st, 2011, 03:39 AM
I looked at the 360 but the rings of death thing is not something i wanted to chance

The RROD is a thing of the past. They haven't been a problem for quite some time now. The new slimlines pretty much eliminate them altogether.

Kinect beats the pants off of Move. :)

BrokenKingpin
March 5th, 2011, 05:32 AM
I have had 5 360's red ring on me :(

Quadunit404
March 5th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Simple: None of them!

The current generation of gaming sucks. I am saying that even though I own all three current-gen consoles. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo all sold out to grandma or this kid who never even touched a video game before and Final Fantasy XIII, which was one of the most hyped games of this generation, is better known as Final Hallway XIII. Also, Wiimote, Kinect and Move, anyone?

Back in the '80s and '90s (the latter of which I grew up in,) we had to put effort into beating our games, and we liked it! :V

3rdalbum
March 5th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Simple: None of them!

The current generation of gaming sucks. I am saying that even though I own all three current-gen consoles. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo all sold out to grandma or this kid who never even touched a video game before and Final Fantasy XIII, which was one of the most hyped games of this generation, is better known as Final Hallway XIII. Also, Wiimote, Kinect and Move, anyone?

Back in the '80s and '90s (the latter of which I grew up in,) we had to put effort into beating our games, and we liked it! :V

You sound like Cranky Kong in Donkey Kong Country Returns, which by the way, you should play if you think Nintendo games are too easy. Personally, I would rather finish a game than get frustrated by it and only see half of it before quitting.

NightwishFan
March 5th, 2011, 08:34 AM
:lolflag: I love how celery beats the xbox360.

To be honest if you are a hardcore gamer you really cant beat the 360. Personally though I just find the machine unreliable and already have one bill for net access. It just is not going to happen. :D

Wii for me if I would buy a system. I love quality games on lower end hardware. I do not need a supercomputer.

BigSilly
March 5th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Huge fan of the Wii. Very underrated as a games console. People concentrate too much on the casual crap in the charts, and fail to spot the excellent games there are available. Shame.

I tried to get into PC gaming a while ago, but it's difficult. I like the idea of it, but in practise being tied to Microsoft operating systems to do it makes it limiting for me. Plus my desktop is in a room away from the family. Bit crap running off to hide whenever I wanted to play a game. I'm not a big fan of the licensing thou-shalt-nots either. I just wanna buy a game and it be mine. But much like the Windows OS they run on, they're taking steps to take ownership of the item away from the purchaser. I was amazed to find that the Orange Box I bought for the PC cannot ever be sold on, because it's tied to my name on Steam. What a jip.

Plus, if I'm honest, I just prefer the games I play on the Wii. PES, Geometry Wars, Mario Galaxy, Trackmania, Metroid Prime, Zelda...just a better experience imho.

NightwishFan
March 5th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Exactly. PC gaming is not worth its weight in gold.

Quadunit404
March 5th, 2011, 07:57 PM
You sound like Cranky Kong in Donkey Kong Country Returns, which by the way, you should play if you think Nintendo games are too easy. Personally, I would rather finish a game than get frustrated by it and only see half of it before quitting.

Originals > Throwbacks :|

I miss the '90s.

_outlawed_
March 5th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Me like celery.

NCLI
March 6th, 2011, 01:25 PM
:lolflag: I love how celery beats the xbox360.

To be honest if you are a hardcore gamer you really cant beat the 360. Personally though I just find the machine unreliable and already have one bill for net access. It just is not going to happen. :D
I sincerely disagree. If what you mean by hardcore gamer is online gamer, then yes. For me, it's singleplayer all the way, and I prefer the PS3's singleplayer experiences by far, and I do consider myself a hardcore gamer.

wrtpeeps
March 6th, 2011, 01:46 PM
360 > PS3

PSN doesn't even compete with Xbox Live. I know because I have both.

I also made the mistake of buying Black ops for PS3 instead of Xbox and have since found out that the PS3 build is the worst of the 3. Should have read up on it first. :(

The only game I have that's better on the playstation than the xbox is the latest final fantasy.

Lucradia
March 6th, 2011, 04:24 PM
PS3 definitely, more RPGs.

Linye
March 6th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Xbox 360 for me.

I prefer the online experience and Mass Effect and Fable just does it for me.

khelben1979
March 6th, 2011, 09:36 PM
No plans on getting anything this year. I've never experienced video consoles especially interesting to be honest, except the 8 bit Nintendo box when it was released.