PDA

View Full Version : FEEDBACK REQUESTED - Forum Ambassadors specification

PriceChild
November 9th, 2006, 02:59 AM
One of the issues being discussed at UDSmtv is the idea of Forum Ambassadors,
(previously discussed here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=278375))

These are people who will help get your suggestions/complaints to the developers of Ubuntu so that you can make a difference.

Find the latest revision of the specification located on the wiki here. (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ForumAmbassadors)

Please take 10 minutes to read the wiki page (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ForumAmbassadors) then post your comments in this thread!

zenrox
November 9th, 2006, 03:12 AM
all for it sine me up:KS

you should make this a poll btw
:D

Dual Cortex
November 9th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Good to know the idea is being officially discussed.
Hope it is implemented soon, I agree with all its goals.
This is very true:

-manicmusician : good idea. This is something that users can do without any super-skills. and launchpad is definitely a strange creature to most; even me.

FF2 crashed on me once... I had no idea how I was supposed to attach a 'bug report file.' And it was 17.2MB!

ubuntu_demon
November 9th, 2006, 03:19 AM
my wiki name is : UbuntuDemon

maniacmusician
November 9th, 2006, 03:26 AM
sorry about the messiness of the comments on the wiki guys; Going to try and clean it up a little now.

maniacmusician
November 9th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Wiki cleaned up to an extent. it's still in drafting of course.

Skia_42
November 9th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Looks good, I like the idea alot.

maniacmusician
November 9th, 2006, 06:00 AM
to contribute to this project, please read and/or subscribe to the following thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=295994

Your help is instrumental in this project.

PriceChild
November 9th, 2006, 12:52 PM
*bump*

frodon
November 9th, 2006, 01:48 PM
It sounds good IMO, almost all points has been covered and i think this project will really help.

ubuntu_demon
November 9th, 2006, 07:52 PM
There will be a drafting BOF at 17:00 (california time). gobby.ubuntu.com port 6522

(I'm ubuntu_demon on irc)

.t.
November 9th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Looks great: wish I'd been awake to help draft.

PriceChild
November 9th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Looks great: wish I'd been awake to help draft.You can make the one tonight though can't you?

.t.
November 9th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Well, it's 1am GMT, so I'll be asleep. Stupid far-away remote conferences in countries with hours-different time-zones. Let's hope the next one is closer to home.

ubuntu_demon
November 9th, 2006, 11:23 PM
I got some useful feedback from the smurf who is the person who is devoted to do the reviewing of specs. I will clean up the draft some more based on this feedback before the gobby session.

ubuntu_demon
November 10th, 2006, 07:25 PM
There's a drafting session 15:00-16:00 (california time). Let's do gobby again to improve the draft.

PriceChild
November 10th, 2006, 08:44 PM
There's a drafting session 15:00-16:00 (california time). Let's do gobby again to improve the draft.I'll be there :)

maniacmusician
November 10th, 2006, 09:06 PM
There's a drafting session 15:00-16:00 (california time). Let's do gobby again to improve the draft.
could you please post further updates to this thread instead http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=295994 ? As per my previous posts, people may have subscribed to it, and its best to keep everyone in the loop. Thanks. I'll put up today's session right now.

.t.
November 10th, 2006, 09:23 PM
And once again time zone differences will mean I miss something I'm interested in (rather than evms support, which I'm not...).

maniacmusician
November 10th, 2006, 09:27 PM
bad luck, mate ](*,) But if it were a mere 3 hours earlier than it is today, I would miss it. The worst thing is, these are scheduled automatically, so we don't really have much say in when it's going to be. Since tomorrow is Saturday, perhaps you could stay up late anyways? This is the earliest we've had a gobby session so far, and it might not get any better than this. (It's 11:00 pm your time, rigth?) Anyways, bummer if you can't; would've loved to have you there.

edit: actually, now that I think about, couldn't we just have unscheduled gobby sessions? ubuntu_demon, is this possible? The only downside is, it would throw off everyone that looks at the official schedule...which is quite a lot of people.

.t.
November 10th, 2006, 09:48 PM
It's not the earliest gobby session I've attended though.

I want to have an early night: been up to midnight/1am all week and am shattered. Plus, I have to concentrate on two essays over the weekend (one on Macbeth, another on why I should go to Venezuela with school).

PriceChild
November 10th, 2006, 11:01 PM
It's not the earliest gobby session I've attended though.

I want to have an early night: been up to midnight/1am all week and am shattered. Plus, I have to concentrate on two essays over the weekend (one on Macbeth, another on why I should go to Venezuela with school).I've been up till 4am the past 3 nights with gobby sessions on ForumsGovernance and forum-ambassadors lol. Beat that ;)

.t.
November 10th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Well, getting up at 6 to do homework means I only get 5, 6 hours sleep. Not enough.

ubuntu_demon
November 10th, 2006, 11:10 PM
bad luck, mate ](*,) But if it were a mere 3 hours earlier than it is today, I would miss it. The worst thing is, these are scheduled automatically, so we don't really have much say in when it's going to be. Since tomorrow is Saturday, perhaps you could stay up late anyways? This is the earliest we've had a gobby session so far, and it might not get any better than this. (It's 11:00 pm your time, rigth?) Anyways, bummer if you can't; would've loved to have you there.

edit: actually, now that I think about, couldn't we just have unscheduled gobby sessions? ubuntu_demon, is this possible? The only downside is, it would throw off everyone that looks at the official schedule...which is quite a lot of people.

I decided to keep it in drafting because I didn't want it to block other important BOFs (instead of marking at as discussion).

It was easier to just use the automatic scheduler as I also try to attend some other BOFs. Today is the last day of UDS-mtv. So if smurf is available I'll get some direct feedback from him. Otherwise I'll probably just put it in review (which will prompt him to review it).

ubuntugeek also might drop in today at the gobby session.

Linuturk
November 18th, 2006, 09:11 PM
I believe this is a wonderful idea. Many new users don't know what a bug report even is, and it's hard for someone new to even know they experienced a bug. This would provide a crucial element to bug reports and feature requests. The Human element, which is what Ubuntu is all about. Linux for Humanbeings. There isn't much human to an online form that asks you about what kernel version you are running.

PriceChild
November 20th, 2006, 03:17 PM
*thread closed*

Discussion moved back here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=278375