PDA

View Full Version : how to compile glade code produced?

lorap
April 24th, 2005, 08:40 PM
i wanna try work with glade but donno how to compile the code it produces and in what sequence.
it looks like visual studio but i've no clue how made it of use.
hope somebody'd navigate me to the solution:-)
thanks.
pavel

sas
April 24th, 2005, 09:20 PM
i wanna try work with glade but donno how to compile the code it produces and in what sequence.
it looks like visual studio but i've no clue how made it of use.
hope somebody'd navigate me to the solution:-)
thanks.
pavel
You don't compile glade...you make your program load it when it runs...How you do this varies slightly language to language.. for here's an example in c# http://primates.ximian.com/~edasque/projects/Tutorial/glade2.html#coding

DJ_Max
April 24th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Most languages have bindings to interact with the Glade XML output. So when using glade, save in xml.

lorap
April 25th, 2005, 05:53 AM
hi!
thank you for the help friends.
sadly i don't program in C# or C++,but i know C++.
i'd probably explain myself better.
my question was how to compile or bind and then compile glade project in standard C.well when you work with C# or C++ many things get easier when you bind them but at the same time you loose the flexibility.
i'd be very glad if somebody who works with standard C and knows how to get a glade project sawed in C code explain me how to do that.
thank you all friends for the help you've given me.
wish you all a nice day.
pavel

sas
April 25th, 2005, 03:16 PM
hi!
thank you for the help friends.
sadly i don't program in C# or C++,but i know C++.
i'd probably explain myself better.
my question was how to compile or bind and then compile glade project in standard C.well when you work with C# or C++ many things get easier when you bind them but at the same time you loose the flexibility.
i'd be very glad if somebody who works with standard C and knows how to get a glade project sawed in C code explain me how to do that.
thank you all friends for the help you've given me.
wish you all a nice day.
pavel
You can just press "build" in glade and then fill in your code in the C files it generates....Though I believe this method is deprecated, but I'm not sure.

lorap
April 25th, 2005, 04:06 PM
but once i bind it my code to the one generated by the glade,what's the compilation sequence?
:-)
pavel