PDA

View Full Version : What was done about member who called me Stupid???

dannyboy79
November 6th, 2006, 07:50 PM
I reported a thread from givré right after he posted it in which he directly called me stupid. It was written exactly like this,

"Please, don't be stupid. Thanks.

I then advised him he shouldn't call me stupid, his next thread stated that he didn't call me stupid so I went back to the thread that he called me stupid in and he edited it so it didn't say that anymore. His post shouldn't have been able to be edited by him because it should have already been removed by the moderators for insulting me. I want to know what was done about this, I feel that he should be demerited or whatever it is Ubuntu Forums mods do to people who insult others since it clearly states that this is unacceptable behaviour.

Thank you for your assistance,

Daniel

dannyboy79
November 6th, 2006, 07:51 PM
I am sorry, I forgot to post the link to the thread, here it is: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=289016&page=2

KiwiNZ
November 6th, 2006, 07:59 PM
If you look at the post in question you will see a small yellow box at the bottom right hand corner.
That indicates that action was taken, the member recieved a warning and acted accordingly and edited their post and apologised in a further post.

dannyboy79
November 6th, 2006, 08:14 PM
If you look at the post in question you will see a small yellow box at the bottom right hand corner.
That indicates that action was taken, the member recieved a warning and acted accordingly and edited their post and apologised in a further post.

He didn't apologize for calling me stupid, he is apologizing for saying that he said my reaction was stupid which isn't what he wrote at all, and if the thread was sent to you when I reported it you should see this. Hopefully you saw this before he deleted it! He is skating around the fact and getting away with treating another forum member completely unacceptable and I want an apology which states, "I am sorry for calling you stupid."

dannyboy79
November 6th, 2006, 08:21 PM
ok, i now see where he actually apologized to me directly for calling me stupid. Thank you for helping get this resolved.